The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe it's Bumblebee again... chibi this time. Left-field because we don't really expect them to do somebody they've already done (calls for Grimlock 2.0 and Rodimus Prime 2.0 and Optimus Prime 3.0 notwithstanding...). :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  2. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:lol  :lol  :lol 

3. Prime135

Prime135 "Boldly we go"

News Credits:
    19 here, I predict jazz, or maybe blaster oooor...seaspray :p 

4. unexistance

unexistance MP Gen-0 Collecting Officer

hmm if it's Skids & co, I'll need to have the small motocompo :D 

how left-field is Bumper then?

5. Prime135

Prime135 "Boldly we go"

News Credits:
    Warning the following is a hypothetical scenaring:

Tokyo toy show 2017, after a long drought of masterpiece figures, Takara is finally ready to reveal the next MP, here comes Mr. kibayashi now, but wait, he's being accompanied by none other than Haui, master of the carbot! Kobayashi: at long last we're ready to unveil the next transformers masterpiece figure! This one was a doozy, it required the design unmitigated of most of the Takara staff, without farther adu.
    Hasui: (epic music plays) the next masterpiece transformer is...long haul!! (Drops mic)

Devastator' theme from the Tf movie begins playing as slides of a hyper accurate long haul begin scrawling across the screen, followed by a silloughette of the green giant himself, with a tag line that reads, devastation is coming.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

What g1 tf doesn't half at least 1 repaint or retool, I feel most do?

Left field could be a few categories:

1. Minibot
    2. Combiner
    3. Japanese Trilogy
    4. 86 Movie
    5. V2 or V3 of a character

• Like Like x 1
  7. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    My UW Devastator is all the devastation I'll ever need.

But Predaking? That would get my attention.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Havok1891

Havok1891 Well-Known Member

Catching up on the posts. I was seeing these rumors about left field and long over due and I too was think Skids (before I read your post).

Skids is a pass for me personally (i mean i didn't even remember him when people mentioned him and I am not sure you can say that about any other cartoon season 1-3 Transformer). But he's gotta be coming at some point. All the repaints alone make me surprised he hasn't been released in some form already.

If anyone is a huge Skids fan, have no fear because I've learned to care for him thanks to modern comics.

Age, 38 here.

Now, if I could pick the character and they were considered long awaited and left field . . . (while being semi realistic) . . . Eh, it's hard for me to say because most that fit the "long awaited" bill are not left field choices for me. Didn't someone claim Skyfire was coming? He'd certainly be left field, is he long awaited? And I don't know how they'd do the Skyfire vs Jetfire deal.

It's funny cause "long awaited" makes me think season 1, but it isn't like 2 years after that makes it a "recently awaited" you know? Could be Arcee? Which leads me to thinking Blaster?

Sigh, in the end my money is on Skids.

My personal wish for the next figure would be Cliffjumper.

9. Havok1891

Evidence of Devastator would be sweet. It's about as left field as they could get as I have it wired into me that combiners won't happen (to keep my expectations and hopes in check).

• Like Like x 1
  10. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

...bumblejumper's outside the park entirely!..

11. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

Left field could also mean a license they have had trouble getting. I could see jazz/Mirage/Sunstreaker/ knocking
    Hoist out of the equation. TT reeaally needs to confirm 39. Who knows maybe that's why they haven't confirmed Dino bot...something became possible they couldn't do before.

• Like Like x 2
  12. byk500

byk500 Well-Known Member

I need a sticky separate from this post titled the "End all cryptic prophecies and shadow rumor" thread. Every time, I check in, I feel like I miss that Sherlock Holmes evidence everyone is coming through

13. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

@TCracker, thanks for bringing some life back into this thread! It's nice to have something fresh to speculate on. :) 

Any chance you might be able to get clarification on what your source considers to be "left field"?

I'm also curious about whether this next G1 reveal is a new mold or a repaint. Black Ironhide, paerhaps?

14. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Cosmos?
    Blurr?
    Perceptor?
    Elita One?
    Chromia?
    Moonracer?
    Gears?
    Huffer?
    Pipes?
    Swerve?
    Beachcomber?
    Blitzwing?
    Springer?
    Windcharger?
    Seaspray?
    Swindle?

The list goes on and on and on......

Personally, I'd prefer Jazz, Sunny, Mirage, CJ or Blaster.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't believe the "long-awaited character" rumor and the "left-field character" rumor are in reference to the same character. This left-field guy is just MP-39 (allegedly). The long-awaited guy is probably going to fall somewhere between MP-44-48, at a guess.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Havok1891

I guess it could, but if I were to tell someone something was "left field" it would be unexpected in people didn't think it was quite on the radar and not because people had written it off due to licensing or something practical. But that's just how interpret this "left field" claim. Skids fits what I perceive to be out of left field because the me from a few years ago would have been perplexed if he was suddenly revealed. Perplexed as in "where the heck did that character come from?'

If Jazz were revealed I'd be excited but I wouldn't view it was surprising, i'd be relieved though.

With Megatron's announcement I think I am done the "they won't let that figure happen" theories. People on here had my convinced it would take an act of god for Takara to make the dreaded toy gun known as Megatron. Well he is on the way. There are similar posts about how Porshe won't let there cars be used for war toys. But others have said that the same was the situation with Volkswagon and we got Bumblebee. Jazz will happen, it's just that they have other things to play with in the mean time. I love waiting . . . but yeah . . . getting him will be a relief.

If I am not mistaken there are also some that claim Sunstreaker faces opposition because he isn't a real car. That's another story that seems harder to swallow now that we have things like Beast Wars (the market wants real cars but they will go for a cheetah/robot over Sunstreak? maybe, i am no expert but it seems unlikely?) and Hotrod (not a real car). I think Takara just figures that Tiger Tracks is a good stand in until more pressing priorities (hurts my soul to speak like that about Sunstreaker, my fav Transformer aside from Optimus) are made.

The only issues that I really see as true challenges on getting are character made are:
    1) Combiners, wow I'd love to see one . . . but the prices would have to be crazy. They just seem too unlikely to risk.
    2) Minibots and their scaling. Can each one of those guys be made so they blend into what we have in both bot and alt mode? That and is Gears (for example) really going to have shot when the MP price tag would be so nasty?
    3) Triple Changers: Until I see one I am assuming they are off the table. Just not sure how well they can pull them off, but I'd love to see Springer.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Havok1891

Blurr would be great. He would def. be unexpected. I'd dig it because you def. couldn't predict who was next if he came out.

I've gotten into debates with someone on here about which cartoon movie autobot would be next. They say Arcee, I say Kup (to me it's between those two for sure). Rule out Wheely cause he is a mini and Springer because he is a triple changer and BAM Blurr would def. come out of no where (he could get selected it's just not like he seems likely based on his value to the team/era in comparison).

18. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

...kup might handily retool into orion pax, so he'd make a suitable left-field pick...

...i think sunstreaker's engine block could be easily accommodated with a snap-on accessory, letting the toy convert from a factory-stock countach to a custom car while keeping its manufacturer license...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kranix_OZ

Kranix_OZ Well-Known Member

No Cosmos. No one wants that thing.

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I do.

• Like Like x 8