The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GogDog, Dec 1, 2011.

?

Poll closed.

1. Closed?

166 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Yup, closed.

120 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

What if it included the "car"/cart that Sam was to ride in to transport energon back to Cybertron in???

EDIT: Dope I meant Spike.. Not Sam Dang LAM tainting my mind lol

2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

Would this Space Bridge accessory be like a control panel or something? Or more like the actual Space Bridge ring that appears on Earth? The latter makes the hypothetical $200-$250 price tag much easier to swallow.

4. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:

I agree, it would be very cool, but kinda impractical. I know some collectors like to set up scenes for displaying, but I'm not one of them. Personally, I would rather see a big set piece like a space bridge sold separately. The only line I collect is the MP line so I would probably buy it either way, but any accessories I get just go into a tote in the closet. Like I said in an earlier post, I only display the figures.

5. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

If and I do mean IF Shockwave looked as good as all the recent MP's do and I'm sure he would and it included the spacebridge/cart. I would preorder as fast as my internet connection would allow. However, $250 would be the ABSOLUTE top end I would pay $251 and I'm out.

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    To make me pay over 200, it'd have to be pretty spectacular, however I think I'd still rather just MP Shockwave himself for under 200. I mean where am I gonna display a scaled space bridge? Maybe a partial bridge with the gateway and part of the ring could fit at the back of a shelf, but itd still prob take up a good portion of said shelf. Ya I think just MP SW would be good for me.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would TRY.

But that boy had best be huge.

I'm gonna go crazy here, justify the price.

-The umpteenth Megatron pistol.
    -Himself, as an accessory, as this was done in the cartoon.
    -Any "traditional" pistol he's been seen with.
    -Energon cube-maker from Marvel comics.
    -Circuit Breaker mini-fig
    -Blackrock defense helicopter
    -"Watchdog" drone car from "The Ultimate Doom."

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly.. the only reason I could see Shockwave coming with the space bridge is because Megatron wouldn't.. the SB is something Megatron was around, more so than Shockwave anyway. Would still be cool to see though, :D 

9. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my opinion, Shockwave doesn't need accessories. He's "above" that :D 

Honestly? I'd rather not have a display push the price up by $50-$100
    I'm sure it would look great, but for me a giant accessory like that would be a reason NOT to buy Shockwave. (not saying I wouldn't get it, but this would be one more argument against doing so)
    Accessories that, to me, seem pointless is the reason I didn't buy MP11. Yes he looks great, but I'd never display him with the cape and crown. And I'd probably not get Takara MP10 if it wasn't a christmas gift, because I wouldn't use the trailer for anything anyway. (granted, the US version is a lot cheaper even with the trailer)
    For me personally, accessories beyond signature weapons (null rays, shoulder missile launchers, Optimus's Gun, etc) are rather pointless.

for $250, the space bridge better be able to actually transport me to Cybertron :thumb 

10. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    He should come with a red velvet rope. The rope would be more useful for keeping trespassers off the space bridge than Shockwave was.

Seriously though, most of the time we saw Shockwave he was in the room with the space bridge. I'd rather not push the price up to buy that though. The MPs cost enough especially the Takara versions. In my opinion he doesn't really need extra stuff. He'd be fine on his own. He could come with Elita 1 but I don't think there is much demand for that and again it would raise the price point too much.

A MP Shockwave would be cool and I'd definitely want one. I'd still rather see a new Megatron first though.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Barring an extensive amount of accessories there's absolutey no reason why a MP Shockwave should cost anywhere near $200. I've decided to take the plunge and buy into the MP line but if TT starts increasing their prices again "just because" than I'll unplunge from the line just as quickly.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'd rather wait a year & plunge into my TRU.

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Same here. That shit just stays in the box and gets stored in the closet. Other than their usual gun or sword, I don't have much need for various crap that was shown in a single episode.

14. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For a MP Shockwave gun, a light or light/sound gimmick could be really cool but it also worries me. Until I remembered MP Grimlock's light up sword, I could not think of a Transformers light or light/sound gimmick that appealed to me as a adult collector and did not hinder the toy.

On a Masterpiece gun, the lights would have to be better than the bright, blinking lights of mainline Transformers. Compare TFTM Leader Prime with this Metal Gear Rex for an example. If sound were added, it needs to well synched with the lights.

I cannot think of any accessories but Shockwave with light gimmick <$200, Shockwave without light gimmick <$150. If a retailer wants an exclusive item give them an energon cube :D 

15. Hellbot

Hellbot Jaeger

I wouldn't pay more than $150 - $175 for a TT MP Shockwave. If he goes higher than that I will just hope Hasbro releases him later down the road.

16. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I echo the mini-Shockwave hand gun, and maybe Carly and her car as accessories but that's about it. I'm curious why you think he might be around the same price range as MP-10 considering the price range that Soundwave (with 1 cassette) is in?

But, to answer the original question, I would still buy it, but not without some buyers regret at that price.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    As soon as you askedd the first quote I thought the second quote. When I think Shockwave I think the space bridge.

It would have to be plastic, none of that cardboard crap. MP's are trophy pieces and I doubt the majority will have a problem with a.purple space bridge backdrop.

As for the $250 price, that's what I gather it will be. Prime gave us a plastic box, Shockwave will give is a wall and a semi sphere. This will allow Takara to maker maximum profit by spending a buck or two more.

18. Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary Banned

SAME.
    For TT MP Shockwave I don't mind paying that much. Just hope it the same size with MP10

19. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you on this one. I don't see how Hasbro could screw up Shockwave purple color or decal since he's a simple creature when it come to design. I may let it slide up 200 but anything beyond that I will say screw TTomy. I want no space bridge. Heck, I don't even use MP11 coronation set and Prime trailer is tuck away inside my closet.

20. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    Igear could release a space bridge set like they did for the Ark.