The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL 3P Masterpiece Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by botfan, Feb 18, 2015.

1. botfan

botfan Enter- Hospitality Botfan

Do you guys think the 3P market has reached the point where it's ready for this yet?

2. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

I think yes, although I think it will be like the wild west in here. With Takara/Hasbro you can speculate fairly well. There are a lot of leads (good and bad) but also patterns you can follow and a limit in scope.

With the 3Ps I think things will be all over the place. Anything can happen. The only thing we seem to know is that there will almost certainly be competing figures whenever something is announced.

I dunno...I could see certain companies having their own spec threads. Like a Fanstoys speculation thread and a Badcube speculation thread. All of them? I'm not so sure it won't be a big fight.

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Yeah, not too sure if this fits in the 3P section or not.

With 3P, it's pretty much they're doing or they're not doing.

Also unlike Takara/Hasbro, we get a pretty steady supply of teaser shots, linework, announcements, etc .. So there isn't much speculating when it's all laid out in front of us :) 

4. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

hmmm...while i'm personally very curious not sure on level of interest and level of participation by "insiders" (first or 2nd or 3rd hand) this board has (although they're are some for sure). heck i'd LOVE if the actual companies participated in this...and love that this isn't just for one particular company or another. I'm gonna speculate that MT's remaster series will make a huge push when it finally comes out (they are known to be slow right?). They've started on hound, inferno and chromedome....one character from each season (1,2,3)...they aree ambitious. i'd love for them to take a stab at springer, blur or arcee. MMC will make a splash but be slow....like they always are. lol. FT will continue to do what FT does....which at first I thought was to ape TT's style...but it isn't. It is similar but definitely has its own flair...and they tackle popular characters, most notably big ones (the insecticons and reflector obvioulsy are not big but that is a daprature from standard MO). Hmmm, who all is in the game even? let's see

FT - everyone know quakewave and now the dinos. perceptor, reflector, insecticons prototypes shown. silhouette for omega supreme shown. skyfire silhouette shown. blaster proto shown way back and confirmed as"not cancelled" sometime last year.

Gigapower - snarl released, swoop and slag shown.

XTB - krank, stax, ollie released, apollyon imminent. beachcomber shown. windcharger teased. other minibots group teased. scourge teased with renders.

Badcube - huff (as cubex), brawny and backland released. protos of warpath and insecticons shown.

KFC - magnus (as stack), blaster released. reflector renders shown.

MT - hound, chromedome, inferno shown or teased

MMC - sphinx (mirage) teased

Omnigonix - Spinout protos shown

i'm sure i've missed some but thats my recap for now.

5. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

We can speculate on whether or not the teasers we've seen will ever get done...and if so, how many years from now. :p 

6. botfan

So not a great response so far. I was thinking more along the lines that we could have a single place to come to and learn about what other companies might be doing. It kind of encourages people with different company preferences to see what the other guys could be doing that might interest them. A good example I can think of is the discussion in some xtransbot thread I read about a freelance designer that seems to do stuff for both xtrans and kfc. Reading about people speculating based on that would be kind of interesting and what other designs kfc or xtrans might purchase.

People are going to fight, sure, but that's what thread bans are for. It happens on the MP speculation thread also. Posts of "future this is going to kick future that ass" should probably not be allowed. The one problem I see with a thread like this is too many people might be talking about too many things at once. Since it focuses on all companies, we could have 3-4 speculation topics going at once. Keeping it down to individual companies would make it incredibly boring, though, and defeat the purpose.

I personally collect from all companies, so I enjoy hearing speculation about each. Like giga's recent decision on who will follow up after the dinobots. Gestault or some big baddie like galvatron? Or FTs new detour from making dinobots. Will they finish the insecticons first or will they think of doing other characters for a while before getting back to dinos? Will make toys stick with headmaster MPs or do they have what it takes to do car robots, something TT is dominating? Who will be brave enough to make the first MP gestault and set the scale for all future gestaults? Who will remake magnus to scale or at least release armor for the KO? Tons of questions and they cover all companies. Seems fun to me!

The best part is that we do have 3P insiders on the site, unlike TT. This is a place for them to post comments on upcoming speculation where everyone will see it.

7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    In before the usual suspects tell us how they aren't interested in mp and it's a waste of time.

I do think 3p's should concentrate on later characters and combiners though as they have less of a chance of getting usurped.

8. botfan

A 3P kup, blur, arcee, springer, cyclonus, scrourge, sharkticon, wreckgar would be a great set for some company to jump into. Easy pickings and not something TT would do anytime soon.

9. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    My sig. 'Nuff said. :lol 

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I honestly think most of that list will be announced this year. Cyclonus and Scourge are coming via XTB, as is Wreckgar. SXS Blurr looks pretty nifty and the igear/UT Sharkies are arguably MP stand ins too.

Kup, Arcee and Springer left and they are BIG s3 characters. No stretch to imagine them getting announced sometime this year as we are only in February.

11. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

I like your idea... I think, given the number of 3p companies out there, that it would be good to have a place to go to see what all these companies are working on or have already created....

12. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Yup, MP combiners is what I hope gets put into play. Hopefully a Devastator.

13. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

It seems to me that this thread will inevitably just be another wishlist. Everyone will jump in with "I can't wait for ...! Make it happen!!!" Blah blah blah.

I think 3Ps will be more willing to just announce projects when they are ready vs. dropping hints and speculating as it gives competition beneficial insight.

Just my opinion of course.

14. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I shudder to think of the price of a 3P MP Devastator.

15. Megatronus27

Megatronus27 Well-Known Member

$900-$1200.

16. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    More 3pm MPs coming out than hastak, so why not make this thread? Nice work.

17. MrFurious

MrFurious Well-Known Member

I don't care about the price of an MP Devastator. If it was properly done, and in scale I would happily pay the price to own it.

Devastator is just that important to me.

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I can see the distinction between this and a wish list thread. For the sake of keeping things separate ... for now ... please do keep the discussion on the topic of speculation using what we've seen from these companies and what you've heard.

19. Sai

Sai Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had to do a double take when I saw the title for this thread just now lol...great idea botfan :) 

20. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Its happening. 3p is already filling in the gap of Has/Tak.