The New Designs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundwavedredd2, Jun 8, 2012.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This.

If they're going for more than just "subtle tweaks", then I'd say they should aim for something in-between the established Bayformers aesthetic and TFP.

2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    megatron's hands were truely useless, imagine being burdened with withered claws

3. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

all i want for sam to trip on an allspark shard the size of the matrix and losing his anoying voice and reviving jazz and megatron to become galvatron with a tf prime mix with movie mix and ironhide to be revived with it as well and optimus to be the same but his robot mode is a tf prime chest like with movie legs an G1 inspired arms and bumblebee to become a 2012 VW beetle a tf prime inspired chest movie arms and legs and G1 head instead of that skull looking head he had in the movies

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Tell that to Sentinel's insides. Oh wait, they're his outsides now.

5. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Second the combination of TFP and the FOC designs.

6. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

as blocky as tf prime

7. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    They weren't totally useless. Have you forgotten he used those *useless* and *withered* hands to rip out Sentinel's circuits and he also used those hands to weild his heavy shotgun? He also destroyed Jazz with those hands.

8. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Like how they were in DOTM and not waste the goddamn money on making new designs when they don't need them

Or maybe just TFP + DOTM.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Perhaps Hasbro needs the new designs. As much as kids love Bumblebee it's starting to seem like you can only sell the exact same character so many times. Changing designs a bit might give kids a reason to ask for Bumblebee again since they would only have toys of the old design.

Even for the films some times it helps to change things up a bit so that people don't feel like they are watching the same thing they have already seen a few times. A chance to bring back some of that new feeling since it seems like the new designs each film are the most talked about designs.

Hey and if they could come up with a way to make new designs that look really nice on film and cost less to use per minute that's just an added bonus that might give us a little more bot time.

10. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want them to keep the Wreckers the same, and only change any other characters slightly, like Optimus and Bee's new abs for Dark of the Moon. If the Wreckers are the same, we may get more toys, like a weaponized Deluxe Roadbuster, HA Topspin, and mass release Deluxe Leadfoot! Eh, I can dream! :D 
    The designs being mostly the same from film to film is one of the things I like the best about the Movieverse. After the Unicron Trilogy, where each character got a new design every month it was refreshing. :) 

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want less robots who don't have Earth modes (like Shockwave, TFTM/ROTF Megs, and some of cannon fodder troops). That is all.

Don't get inspiration from FoC, please. Most of those designs are horrible.

12. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That won't happen. VW won't allow it, plus in live action it would look kind of stupid.

I think it would be interesting if they have more Cybertronian-ish alt modes. Everyone knows about the Autobots and Decepticons so it's not "robots in disguise" anymore.

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The FOC robot modes are OK imo, it's just that the cybertronian altmodes are kind of junk.

The wish to have all botmodes resemble strict humanoid proportions is junk too. The variety / warped proportions of the movie verse design IS the definitive aspect which makes it unique, not the busy surface detail ; that's just a small cosmetic aspect.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I am in no way calling either of you guys out of this (because I happen to enjoy and agree with most of what both of you post :)  ), but it's situations like these that I always like to bring up. Two posts, one right after the other, mere minutes apart. See how Bountyan wants less Cybertronian modes? And MV95 would like to see more? What makes Bountyan's wants any more or less relevant than MV95's? One wants X, the other wants Y. That's what makes this franchise great. We all have different tastes. But this also opens countless arguments about people saying "I want X, therefore that is right!" and "I want Y, therefore that's what "the fans" want too!". We get less Cybertronian alt modes, and people will be unhappy. We get more Cybertronian alt modes and people will be unhappy. If these "redesigns" for TF4 are along the lines of minor aesthetic changes like RotF-to-DotM, some will like it, some won't. If the redesigns are completely different, some will complain, and others will love it. If there weren't any redesigns, some people would be fine with that and others wouldn't. You cannot. Please. Everyone. The sooner people realize that one party will always lose out on certain aspects and how that doesn't (necessarily) make whatever Transformers medium awful, the better.

This guy gets it.

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I don't expect much from the Autobots, but I'm hoping for a more menacing look on the CONS.

16. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Great post! If I wasn't putting my eBay stuff in my sig, I'd put this in there!

17. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

I honestly want them to stay the same. Imo, the designs in the movies are by far the best designs Transformers ever had to offer.