The "new" Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by roy_flagg00, Jan 12, 2009.

1. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

After seeing the "new" Bumblebee, I think that the old characters from the movie are are going to be major shelf warmers. I don't see how they are going to get people to buy slight retools of the same figures from the last movie. I think bumblebee in particular got screwed. If they waited for the second movie to change his form, it would have been instant buy. I can see them changing their outside form, but how is the film going to justify the characters changing their robot form?

Shelf warmer predictions for this year=any character from the first movie

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    On the other hand, movie toys sell really well regardless of repaint/retooling. (mostly repainting though) I'll certainly pick them up, even though I already have the molds ,because I'd be bored otherwise (plastic crack).

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Personally I only intend to pick up figures that are either major remoulds or new designs.

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i see myself picking up all onscreen characters, again :D  like i did with the first movie.. i think i can stop there

5. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I see myself picking up mostly characters who weren't actually in the movie and hence have acceptable looking faces, like Wreckage, like I did with the first one :) 

6. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Given the impressive new toy Optimus is getting, I wonder if that retooled Bumblebee could possibly just be a preview figure, and we'd see a new version later.

7. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Several kids will be introduced to the Transformers universe for the first time this summer. They will buy it. Completists too.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'll get the new BB because it's head is a helluva lot better then the original.

Though I'm hoping he's the only major retool they use. I can accept buying a new mold Prime if it's clearly superior to the original...but I don't want to buy all the old bots again because they all end up better then their first forms.

9. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I really like BB new face so i might just pick that one up but other then that not really i plan on getting the new ones like Soundwave hells ya

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had been secretly hoping that the new Bumblebee would have a mouth since he could talk now (not that there was a relationship between the two).

11. darthgordy

darthgordy Well-Known Member

Will probably buy all Movie Legends figures - and 2 bumblebees. Slowly collecting various versions of bumblebee through the years.

g

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    All those kids that were 4 for the last movie, will now be 6. There parents will probably be up for getting them TF's this time around.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    And what about the other kids who will watch the second movie, but didn't see the first one? The new fans? Don't forget, not everybody who likes TFs has to already ahve been a fan at one point before.

Frankly, I think that Ironhide and Ratchet will be re-released, Prime has at least one new badass fig, and Bumblebee gets at least a retool, if not more figs since, c'mon, it's Bumblebee. Compared to the amount of new characters we're getting so far, I'd say that's quite good.

14. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Isn't that saying something like "I won't buy Cybertron Optimus Prime because I already got the Energon version"? After all, Cybertron and Energon were part of the same trilogy...

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

^No, since this Prime is the same CGI model but different mold. Energon and Cybertron had different models

16. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    This.

And I'm getting an Ironhide, because the other is now destroyed.

17. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's not forget how largely hard to find Concept BB was in the first line. I bet lots of kids are aching for the chance to get that version of BB because they didn't the first time.

18. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt that Ironhide and Ratchet will be re-releases, because for starters, Hasbro could never get Ratchet right from the beginning, and second, Hasbro said they wanted to figure out a way to have Ironhide's cannons come out of his arms.

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Leader Starscream! Need Leader Starscream!

20. AMG

AMG Old School

Having skipped almost the whole TF movie line, I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the figures will be improved. A lot of people (myself included) are in for a pleasant surprise if leader class Prime is any indication of things to come.