The New Avengers/The Transformers Sequel Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Scrapper6, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

As the post title says and posted from another board for discussion purposes, were they to finally touch back on the fact that IDW's G1 Continuity takes place in a Marvel Comics Universe, what might be your ideas for a sequel? Which new characters would you like to see?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel that explains how all the Marvel Characters got 'taken out' prior to the events of All Hail Megatron and NYC's DeciMation. Perhaps involving some form of backlash from the Scarlet Witch's House of M Reality Warp thing.

Instead of Ramjet being the Quinjet at the end of the original mini-series perhaps it could have been a different operative, one of the Aerialbots maybe. (Have they appeared in IDW's G1 Run yet? Slingshot or Air Raid might make a good candidate.

His presence could be a catalyst for the new adventure, and quite frankly it should be longer than four issues, maybe make it a 12 issue series. Get a Marvel Comics Mainstay writer to cover it.

Returning Characters I'd like to see:

Spider-Man
    Cap
    Iron Man
    Ms. Marvel
    Luke Cage
    Wolverine
    Optimus Prime
    Jazz
    Ratchet
    Prowl
    Megatron
    Skywarp
    Ramjet
    Astrotrain
    Blitzwing

New Characters that should appear:

Air Raid
    Fireflight
    Silverbolt
    Skydive
    Slingshot
    Blast Off
    Brawl
    Vortex
    Swindle
    Onslaught
    Mister Fantastic
    Invisible Woman
    The Human Torch
    The Thing
    Thor
    Alexander Holt Decepticon Simulacra
    General Deacon Decepticon Simulacra
    The Prime Movers from Acts of Vengence in a Cameo Perhapa

I would love to see them tackle this, I think the plot ideas alone are quite flexible, after all I can think of one really important thing, detailing the so-called Alpha Scenario left open from Furman's story run in IDW. Perhaps Furman could even work on it, or at least consult. But I digress.

The point is, it could help tie up certain loose ends left dangling from some plot points, provided the new Chaos arc doesn't touch upon these elements.

I like the thought that the IDW G1 continuity takes place in some Marvel Universe not touched by all the Civil War/Secret Invasion/One More Day stuff, a sort of simpler Marvel world that hasn't devolved into dark and serious undertoned mass cross over events.

Sure it sounds like I should just write up a Fanfiction about it, and hey, maybe some day I will, but quite frankly I'd actually like to see another company cross-over event. Wouldn't you?

Actually I've had another idea for some time concerning the Marvel Universe comic packs, I think Hasbro should make an original five issue mini-series for that sub-line of the MU toyline, and that the Neo-Knights and the X-Men should be involved in some sort of story arc.

That way you could include figures based on the four Neo-Knights and G.B. Blackrock alongside some of the X-Men, perhaps ones that haven't been made yet.

I was kind of thinking maybe set up like this:

Neo-Knight Rapture/X-Man Dazzler
    Neo-Knight Thunderpunch/X-Man Rogue
    Neo-Knight Dynamo/X-Man Jubilee
    Neo-Knight Circuit Breaker/X-Man Forge
    Neo-Knight Founder G.B. Blackrock/X-Man Enemy Henry Peter Gyric (He could be one of the antagonists of the story-arc.)

Man, I wish Hasbro took fan's ideas seriously, this could be a Gold Mine for collectors. *SIGH*

2. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    If they were to do a sequel, I would just want it to be better written. That first crossover was terribly written. It had potential but the execution was awkward at best.

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I don't know, the TFs are really a poor match for superheroes, especially the way they're written now. It's really tough for any sort of continuity matching also or explaining why the other side never met the other in the first place, the best is a one and done story just for the fun of it, anything else would just be confusing and forced.