The new "Animated" series - why I believe it sucks

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AutobotMarine, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I've just viewed Wikapedia today, and discovered the "new" designs for the TF's, within an image. All of the characters within this image consists of the Autobots.

[​IMG]

I personally don't have an issue with these sort of designs, but WTF?? I like G1, but these designs just look too "unrealistic", even more unrealistic than G1. These designs just suck for Transformers, and they do NOT go within sync at all.

You possibly won't like what I'm going to state within this phrase, but here I shall state it. I personally liked the majority of the TF series, G1, BW, RID, and the A/E/C series and the new movie designs, except for Beast Machines. I'm actually beginning to miss the "Japanese" designs from RID, A/E/C, however atleast they LOOKED realistic! Cybertron had some really cool toys, and Prime was just badass. Prime and the other Autobots within this series just look "TOO" human, and the designs lack the extensive details. I also miss the design of Galaxy Convoy aka. Cybertron Optimus Prime. Who actually had a better fireending design than TF: Animated Prime. Additionally, the name sucks. And NO Decepticons??!! WTF?? NOT EVEN PRECADONS??!! This series is so screwed over so much, it's not even interpretable.

Hasbro has made some excellent recent series. I liked RID, Armada was lacking though, Energon was only slightly better than Armada, but still somewhat lacking. Cybertron's toys were nice, and the series was somewhat better than Armada and Energon. The movie has magnificantly, extensive detailing, and insane but cool robot designs. When I view this, it's like entering "retro" with really lame designs, lamer than even G1 with designs that are too unrealistic for Transformers. It's like viewing G1 over again, but with even lamer and even more LAZY designs! W00T!

BUT NO DECEPTICONS??!! Seriously..... after viewing this, I believe Energon would probably be even better than this. It just sucks that much, within my opinion.

Thank god I'm making my OWN fan-made series.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    There are decepticons, they just aren't the main villian.

3. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

aren't there already a dozen threads about why the new show will suck?

4. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Now it's a bakers dozen of threads. :D 

5. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I realli thought it would suck.

I thought the same about early movie designs, but the more I saw them, the more I liked them.

I think this sereies still has hopes. We can't just kill it before it's pre-production stage finishes.

6. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    *sigh* Atleast the movie TF's didn't look like a bunch of cosplayers within robot costumes. These designs are utterly horrible, it makes G1 look advanced.

But NO.... wait. That's an EXCELLENT name for this series! Transformers: Cosplayers aka. Transformers: Cosplayers in Disguise. That's an excellent name for this monstrocity.

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Dude how dare you knock down G1 the best transformers cartoon series and yah there are decipticons

8. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

The thread should be called "Why I believe it will suck" as opposed to "Why I believe it sucks".
    As it stands now, it reads like we've all agreed the show is rotten (hardly the case) and you're offering reasons why.

9. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I believe your taking this out of context. I wasen't dissing G1. I like G1, I've mentioned that the G1 series looks "FAR" more advanced then this piece of crap that Hasbro's launching. As the G1 characters had appearances that made them look persuadeable that they transform into a vehicle. These Transformers from this "Animated" series look like crap.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Only ratchet too me looks cool a little bit of bumble bee but not really I hate that tank dude

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

So you're damning an entire series based on a single picture and an incorrect assumption?

I'll agree that the designs aren't great as I dislike them with a passion myself. But everything else about this show just seems to scream out "Win" to me. Good writers, good animators, good voice actors and a solid line up of bots with plenty of room to grow.

As much as I hate the designs...especially Prime...I'm going to wait until I actually *see* the show to judge it.

12. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Crikey....
    Deja vous.

Didn't we have this conversation about the movie as well?
    And see how THAT turned out.
    (hint: I'm seeing it again later this week)

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I actually really like Bumblebee's design, he looks cool. Prowl has grown on me a bit too. Not very fond of the others.

Don't like the way they say they will transform in the show (the whle tazz-spin...thing).

The story..eh not fond of the concept of superhero transformers fighting humans, but I am glad they are doing something different.

Also don't like that supposedly Prime will be the youngest of the autobots.

HOWEVER, I will still give it its fair chance as I do with other shows (i.e. watch the first 3 eps and judge from there).

14. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    It may suck, but it also may be good.

If you do not like the designs that is understandable, but some other people like the design and are trying to keep an open mind.

15. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Man, my ignore list is getting sooo huge.

There will be Decepticons in the show, but probably wont be the main baddies until half way though the first season. Classic cartoon formula = there's always a bigger bad guy waiting in the wings.

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    prepare to be suuuuued

17. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Holy crap. I don't have words to describe how sickening it is to see people trash stuff based off of almost nothing. Freakin' fanboys (?if that's the right use of the word?).

Thank god that the TF movie makers didn't listen to "us" since the most vocal 10% of the TF community are morons.

I'm sure the next series after "Transformers animated" will be hated before a pic is shown. We'll just find out the title and some dude will have some spaz session about how he hates it to.

18. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

The designs don't look so great, but that doesn't really bother me. Some of the Beast Machines designs were kind of yuck, but you know why I still love that series? It had a mature storyline!

The reason I don't know if I'm gonna like the new series is because, once again, it seems like it's going to be "humans and their transforming robot friends" rather than Transformers (which is exactly why I didn't like Armada/Energon/Cybertron).

19. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let's judge something we haven't even seen yet! Won't that be SO much fun?!

Laughable at best. Yours will most likely not even come near the magnitude of any Transformers series, much less be as good as one.

20. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    very true!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.