the never ending hesistation to buy tfa lockdown..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Aug 23, 2008.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

I've had that figure in my cart many times in the store but end up not buying it. I dont know what it is or what I'm waiting for because it seems like a cool figure and I like the character on the show... Anyone else hesitating on that figure like I have been?

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    lockdown is good but not great.Wait for blazing or a later(maybe fixed) run version.

3. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I will just tell you this: he is so cool, that once you transform it from car to robot and you stare at him, you think that there is no way that kind of robot can be such a sleek car.......thats why animated rules in my opinion

4. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly if you've been iffy about him so many times it's probably a good indication to stay away from him.

5. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lockdown is my favorite animated character so far. Taller than most voyagers. Great articulation, lots of character. The only thing wrong is his hands, but that is fixable. Get him.

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I've been the same way but ultimately I actually ended up buying and then returning he at Ratchet even though I got them both for $17 CAD during a 2-1 sale.

7. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I was disappointed, horrible leg articulation, legs kept falling off. I think hes very overrated.

8. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

He was the first one I grabbed off the shelves.

9. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i kept him til late...didnt think i wanted him until i decided to complete my collection, so u could say i was hesitating too...but he's just awesome, i dunno why i didnt want him...he was coon in the cartoon, and he's a GREAT figure..great in both modes..and he's huge...as mentioned above, bigger than almost all voyagers...at least, taller

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if you want it, get it before it's gone, is just my word of advice, i had the same problem once, with a few figures from cybertron, multiple of them actually, i never got around to getting, but i kept wanting to buy it but i decided on something else, and now, i look on ebay, bbts, and what not, and some of their average prices are $70 to $100!

11. Vladakris

Vladakris Predacon

Hasbro said lockdowns hands were supposed to be like that, The hands even look weird if you get the in the normal stance. Id say buy him. His in my opinon the best deluxe TFA!

12. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    He's one I was pretty sure I'd avoid from the start, but lately, he's looking better. I'm thinking I might end up with one version of the mold in the end.

13. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

Ebay:
    Lockdown was one of the first two animated figures I bought. At first, I really liked him, but as I nabbed more in the line he steadily dropped in my rankings. Now, of the 11 I own, he's one of my least favorites. Your mileage may vary, but now that I know what else is out there, I wouldn't have felt awful pocketing the $10 and skipping him.

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Lockdown was my first TFA figure (that didn't come out of China...). He still ranks in my favorite Animated figures, too. But I know how you feel, for some reason despite all recommendations I keep passing on Animated Starscream, I've done it at least four times now. At this point though unless I find Blitzwing there wont be any other voyagers out there for me.

15. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not me he's way to good not to get

16. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:

lockdown (and oilslick) is one (two) animated toy(s) i really dont care for, however its sometimes hard to tell unless youve actually had it in hand. ive got some toys that i think are just great when initailly i thought they might be just OK, eg powermaster prime reissue, i thought 'just a big static brick' but theres so many configurations in that great set its one of my favourite transformers. then others seem impressive and then aftre a while you cant stand tham, im not sure why but that happened to me with.......classics jetfire!! can you believe that, it should be that i like jetfire better than powermaster prime (right?) but i was really bored by it.

17. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:

ive passed on screamer, the QC reports othered me but its mainly because im waiting for the skywarp repaint. i try to get just one figure of each mould, ie the paint job i like baest.

18. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

Lockdown is great. I say get it now and get the repaint later. The reason being that in the show he stole Ratchets EMP tool and made it a weapon. Having 2 you can give the EMP back to Rachet (he has a spot for it on his arm for those that didn't know) and keep the original Lockdown the same and then you have the saw from the next one for the original Lockdown as well. Then you can mod the new Lockdown into a new character.

I was iffy on Oilslick and I finally picked him up last night. I removed the stupid chain and replaced it with a real one so it looks better. Now its one of my favorites. Still not keen on the ram head. TFA Starscream sucks in my opinoin. If I had known then what I know now I would have skipped it. For some reason when it comes to jets Hasbro goes limp and gets into the kibble real bad. Just ruins the slick appearance of a jet.

So yeah, get Lockdown. He is definitely cool.

19. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i hear the repainted lockdown's paint job kinda sucks...lame gold finish or something

20. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Lockdown was the first one I bought. I love it. Yeah the hands are wonky but the rest of the figure is pure win!