The Nemesis-Question-Possible Spoiler

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Angelwave, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Hey guys just have a quick question....

I remember taking the time to read a particular treatment that was for TF2. It had called for Soundwave and reinforcement Decepticons descending aboard the Nemesis.....which smashes through a Nimitz-Class aircraft carrier upon impact. The Nemesis scans the carrier then takes on it's form.

Now just looking at a few scenes, in particular with Sam being pinned down by apparently Megatron and Starscream....they seem to be taking place within a ship's hull. I also do see multiple small entry-forms smashing through the ships at the beginning. Was it ever confirmed Yes or No that the Nemesis or something similar would also be in ROTF?

Thanks!

2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Never been confirmed,would be an interesting concept but the point of the Protoform modes being meteors would be so they can travel through space without the use of space vehicles.

3. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    hasn't it been retconned that the protoform modes are only for short-distance space travel, and they use ships to go long distance?

4. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Not that I know of,the Ghosts of Yesterday book had the Ark and Nemesis in it,but that book has so many inconsistencies that it isn't even funny.

Not to mention that Bay isn't considering any of the prequel comics or novels as canon to his movies.

5. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    the idw prequels and sequels have the nemesis in them, and the ark appeared in reign of starscream. i think orci said something about implying that they hadn't travelled all the way from cybertron, and considering he did write a great deal of it i'd say he's a fair source

6. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Hmm.....so a possibility is there. If not particularly the Nemesis....they might at the very least use the carrier as a base of operations. It also had me intrigued that Ravage was bounding out of the ocean during that 1 scene.

7. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Interesting,gonna have to check out the Reign of Starscream stuff now.Do you by chance know which issue has the Ark in it?

8. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

I think he was bounding out of the water because he had just landed on earth into the ocean. I hope the Nemesis and the Ark land on earth though. The TFs need a place they can hideout... Especially the Decepticons.

9. Ajax 013

Ajax 013 Well-Known Member

If it hasn't been retconned then it needs to be. Jets, cars or trucks that can turn into giant robots and can also travel millions of light years with no need of exterior propulsion, it kinda bitch slaps that realism they keep aiming for.

10. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Well managed to get ahold of my friend's ROS comics,found The Ark and Nemesis in them,very nice designs and I now hope that we get to see both respective ships in the new movie,though I doubt it.

11. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Theory wise, I can crackpot too. Sam needs to find Megatron again because of the visions and the insanity that he gets from the Allspark fragment embedded in him. They drag Megatron out from the bottom of the ocean, surprisingly intact. Why Megatron? Because his spark directly came in contact with the Allspark. Mikaela and his friend also come along, and the US gov helps them since they do owe Sam and the Autobots, afterall. So Sam pulls some strings and brings them along. Megatron, however, has regenerated with the last ounce of power left in his fragment, and wreaks havok onboard. Meanwhile, thanks to Soundwave listening to all the earth communications system, Decepticons launch an attack to retrieve Megatron. Hence the protoform attack on the aircraft carriers. One of them is Ravage. That's why he swims out of the ocean. Maybe.

12. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Most plausable and probable theory yet.

13. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Ok, you have a point. But, they are sentient shape-shifting alien robots. So, 'realism' is at the very least, bent.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    How about the protoforms have scanned the aircraft carrier on the way down and then destroy it, combine with each other, and then take its place disguised as it.

Nah, I don't think that would happen either, but with all the combining going on in this movie I just thought I'd put that notion out for fun. :)