the naruto thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by maximus prime3, Mar 13, 2007.

1. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

this thread is to talk anything about naruto and also put any cool naruto pics in this thread like this[​IMG]this is my background

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was kinda surprised Saturday when the episode opened with GO!! instead of Haruka Karata like has been for a few months. That was nice. Plus the original Japanese opening.

The series totally kicks ass. Been reading the manga (translations), watching the subs of the series and the dubs. One of these days I need to buy a head band...

3. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

naruto rules!!!!:rock 

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i'm at episode 40-something...i usually watch 5-10 a week.

5. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did they leave GO!! completely intact? Or did they pull what they normally do like with Haruka Kanata and just take the song with their own edited visuals.

6. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

GO!!'s opening visuals kick ass, they need to leave that alone.
    Potential manga spoilers herein btw:
    I'm actually kind of disappointed by the pacing problems the manga and show suffers from.
    You get stuff that drags on forever and ever like the Chuunin exams, that no one really cares about, then you get to the interesting stuff like the Akatsuki and they're getting fucked within chapters of their appearance.
    Sasori shows up and then he's dead.
    Hidan shows up, kills Asuma, then he's dead.
    Kazaku seemed to exist for no reason other than for Naruto to smash with his new technique.
    Seriously, the Akatsuki need development and build up to make them into convincing villains. It makes no sense that Hidan and Kazaku can total a fully released Nibi then Naruto destroys Kazaku with a Wind Rasengan easily.

7. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

naruto isnt always about strength. kazaku was much stronger then naruto, but at the time naruto took him down, he had already had 3 of his hearts ripped out, and fought kakashi. He wasnt in top form when he fought naruto. and shika beating hidan wasn't an easy kill either, shika out smarted hidan. thats whats great about naruto, it isn't all about strength, its about out smarting just as much as over powering the enemy.

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm just glad the japanese series has finally given up on thw 200+ filler eps and were finally back on the manga storyline

9. Spartan-117

The ease with which they did them in is the issue I take with it.
    Akatsuki where built up to be unstoppable monsters, the first bunch we saw where Orochimaru (ok he's ek Ak' but still), Itachi and Kisame.
    All of them showed extreme prowess in battle, making them something to be feared.
    Sasori I can accept. He came up against the exact combo needed to take him out. He let himself die because he was an emo kid.
    Hidan I can accept because he was a moron.
    However Kazaku makes me "wtf", he survived a battle with Shodai Hokage and undoubtedly countless other great shinobi. Then he runs up against Kakashi and Naruto and gets utterly destroyed. I realise he underestimated Naruto, but he really should have known better. I saw Naruto's trick a mile off, yet Kazaku an S ranked Shinobi with vast years of experience couldn't even consider he might be jumping straight into a trap, even after Kakashi's Raikiri ambush?
    Seems implausible to me.

10. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

thats whats so great about how kazaku died though, he seriously under estimated naruto. he even says something right before he dies about being so easily beaten by children, he didn't take them seriously. if he had, he would have won.

I do agree that it seemed a little easy, but it was still believable. the way he lost I mean.

11. Spartan-117

Believable but lame. Naruto needs more than one big bang jutsu if he's ever going to equal Sasuke.
    His Kage Bunshin is massively improved but we've seen no major Tai or Ninjutsu development, nor does he have any significant defense against Genjutsu or the Sharingan specifically.
    He literally cannot hope to even take on Sasuke because he has no Genjutsu defence and he can't even use Gai's anti Sharingan style. All he has is the ability to make a big boom and mangle his own arm. The Kazaku fight should have shown more of his abilities to foreshadow his eventual round three with Sasuke/Orochimaru/Whoever the hell is in that body.

12. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i watch it on Toonami.
    i like Shino Aburame , Shikamaru Nara and Gaara.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Never seen it. What's it about?

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The basic idea is it's set in this alternate world populated by "ninja" (as in, very fanciful ninja, nothing like real ninja). I forget the exact timeline, but something like 12-13 years ago (really, whenever it was that Naruto was born), Konoha - Village Hidden in the Leaves was attacked by an immensely powerful demon, the nine-tailed fox. The Fourth Hokage, regarded as the strongest ninja to date, defeated the creature at the expense of his own life. To prevent the demon from coming back, he seals its spirit inside the body of the newborn Naruto.

So flash forwarding to present day, Naruto's a young teen now, enrolled in the Village's ninja academy. His parents were killed in the demon's attack, so he's lived his entire life alone. Because he harbours the demon's spirit inside him, he's a social outcast. And he's pretty much a failure as far as ninja-ing goes, to boot, being loud, obnoxious, undisciplined (until he graduates the academy, he's basically shown to be a prankster, defacing the village's monuments and whatnot) and not particularly talented in any field of ninja arts, but of course, he makes up for his shortcomings with sheer determination. Tired of being shunned and ignored and put-down, he's worked it into his mind that one day, he'll show everyone up, and be Hokage himself (Hokage is the highest of all ninja ranks, basically a lord that oversees the ninja world. Naruto becomes Genin in the first episode, which essentially qualifies him as a rookie-level ninja, no longer tied to the academy and permitted to take missions. Further up, you have Chunin, who act as squad commanders, the elite Jounin, and the specialized Enbu).

Basically, it's the classic Shonen Anime setup, where you have this fanciful world where the characters all display amazing abilities and skills, and you have the downtrodden protagonist who sets forth on some nearly unattainable goal to show the world what he's worth. As one of those massive ongoing series, it falls into the same basic pacing trap as the rest of them. At its best, the show is amazing, with some unbelievably heartfelt and emotional scenes, and times where you just can't help but root for Naruto and his friends when they go and pull these jaw-dropping stunts that you didn't believe they were capable of (Naruto particularly does this a lot, because he's a tactical moron, but has an uncanny sense of creativity that lets him sweep victory from the jaws of defeat in spectacular ways on more than one occasion). At its worst, it's slow and meandering, taking its sweet time to build up to its next big story arc.

15. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

Yeah, I am also worried about the Sasuke fight, naruto does need to improve in a lot of areas. If there will even been a sasuke fight at this point..

I cant wait for tomorrow to find out who naruto will be fighting.

16. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

a while back i bought a head band off ebay, and it is awsome

17. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i spit at your gerneral direction. your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries(not really but how can you never had heard of Naruto, is it even possible)

18. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    MAGER SPOILERS FOR NARUTO HURRICAN!!

for all you guys who are still behind im on naruto hurrican kickass cronicals!! the new epsiode as the kasakage opens tommorw my b day yay!!

dum dum sasuke is no more im geussing in the new mange volume 345 it explains why oro keeps takeing lives for his justu

warning major spoilars ahead

asumas death and the begging of the fight:Shikamaru finds Kurenai at Asuma's grave. She asks him if he'll be lonely now that his Shougi partner is gone. Shikamaru states Asuma taught him both important and stupid stuff. He reflects that he brushed off responsibility and whined when he was young, and Asuma would have to protect him. He was the coolest adult he knew, and tells Kurenai, when she has her baby, he'll help protect it as a cool adult too. Kurenai holds her stomach and smiles. She is wearing a wedding ring, revealing that she and Asuma had gotten married at some point in the recent past. Later Shikamaru plays Shougi with his dad and speaks how Asuma said he's a Knight. Shikaku is amused and asks then who the King is. Shikamaru states the King is the unborn children who will become the next generation of Leaf ninja. Shikaku is impressed but then announces checkmate, telling his son he'll have to get stronger if he wants to protect the King. Elsewhere Sasuke sits among defeated ninja. Orochimaru chastises him for being too soft and not killing them. Sasuke looks at Orochimaru and states they're not the ones he wants to kill.

the next part:
    Sasuke sits among hundreds of downed opponents and Orochimaru chastises him, stating he has no chance against Itachi if he keeps his emotions. Sasuke says he will show no mercy to his brother, even if he begs for it. Orochimaru ponders how Sasuke is better than he was at that age, and that he'll soon be his. At Ichiraku, Naruto's hand is bandaged and he is having trouble eating. Sakura thinks back to the hospital when she healed him. She tells Naruto how his new attack broke the bones in his hands, and she tells him to use the jutsu as a last resort. Naruto lets her know that it'll be okay, he's feels they're getting closer to Sasuke. In the present she leans in close and asks for his chopsticks. Naruto blushes but before she can act Sai is stuffing Naruto's mouth with noodles instead. Sai states he read how a true friend helps out in times of need. Naruto yells at him for killing the mood. Kakashi arrives and helps Naruto finish his ramen. Sakura offers her surprise that he's not in the hospital yet again and he states he'd be there if they hadn't shown up, as he'd have to have used Mangekyou Sharingan. Kakashi tells Naruto he's now on par with himself, or even better. But such a powerful jutsu has a high risk. In Orochimaru's compound, he rests in bed. Kabuto tells him his body is near its limit. He then takes his leave to get some medicine. Orochimaru laughs and begins to cough up blood. Suddenly a sword of lightning extends through the door right for his heart. He raises his arms to stop the extending attack and is surprised by the new elemental shape type. He demands to know who it is and the door is sliced to pieces. In the doorway stands Sasuke, extending the lightning sword from one hand, his real sword in the other. He looks on with his level one seal activated. Orochimaru states he knew it would come to this. Sasuke coldly states he has nothing more to learn, and offers that he will not show Orochimaru any mercy either, even if he begs for it...

Chapter 344: "Snake and..." - Sasuke extends the blade, pushing it through Orochimaru's chest. He chides Orochimaru for being weak stating it would be pointless to give up his body now. Orochimaru tells him that’s big talk for such a small one. Sasuke retorts the whole reason he's here is because he was the weak one, as Itachi was too much for him. Orochimaru was called a gifted "Sannin" but he is nothing compared to the genius Uchiha. He's pathetic in his attempts to extend his life, and Sasuke states he doesn't agree with his ridiculous methods. Sasuke then charges and pulls his sword, asking why Orochimaru seeks the truth of life and yet plays such a pathetic God with the lives of others. Suddenly a form spits out of Orochimaru's mouth. Slithering before Sasuke is Orochimaru's true self, a large serpent made up of smaller snake scales, a result of his constant experimentation. Orochimaru yells that he wants Sasuke's body and charges; snakes then peel off to attack. Sasuke cuts them apart and retreats. He then activates his level two form. He goads Orochimaru, telling him a snake’s dream to fly is an impossibility. The snakes soon wrap Sasuke up and he states that the snake once sought the small chick and quickly learned he himself was the prey to the hawk that flew above. The snakes explode and Sasuke stands firm with his wings spread wide. We flashback to a young Orochimaru before his parent's grave. He asks Sarutobi what the skin he found was. Sarutobi explains it's a rare white snake skin, which symbolizes good luck and rebirth. He then states finding it at their grave may mean they were reborn somewhere else, and that someday they may see him once again. Orochimaru looks at the snake skin and asks when that will be, but Sarutobi states he doesn't know.

Chapter 345: "The Ritual...!!" - Sasuke stands over the cut up body of Orochimaru. He remarks at how easy it was and returns to normal. He suddenly stumbles and Orochimaru rises to state how his mini-snakes have paralyzing venom. He gloats that he's immortal and Sasuke is nothing. He opens his maw and charges. Sasuke soon finds himself in alternate plane inside Orochimaru, the place where he completes his soul transfer. Sasuke is surrounded by the forms of Orochimaru's previous hosts and he looks on with Sharingan. We flashback to Orochimaru and Itachi alone in Akatsuki robes. Orochimaru can't believe he's been bound by Genjutsu, and marvels at Itachi's powerful Sharingan. Orochimaru moves to end the jutsu but Itachi slices off his ring forearm. Itachi states Orochimaru's powers are useless against his eyes. In the present Orochimaru sees how the same thing is happening yet again and is gleeful that the eyes will soon be his. Elsewhere Kabuto mixes medicine and figures Orochimaru does not have long, and that it would be good if the soul transfer could be done today. He is also surprised Sasuke was so ready to approve of becoming a host. He thinks though that afterwards Sasuke won't be alive to do anything about it. He heads to Orochimaru's room and moves to stealth when he sees blood come from the room. He looks in to see Sasuke standing alone. He sees Orochimaru's corpse and is surprised the ritual's done already. Sasuke acknowledges Kabuto and takes his leave. Kabuto watches on asks aloud who is now in control...

woah!!! exciting cant w8 till the next part!

19. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    gives mp a high five naruto god of wind and sasuke god of thunder! but hes still emo

20. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

:redface2:  what does that mean