The Mystery Of Prowl

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Master Fwiffo, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    So, let's look at the Autobot cast as they were designed - a repair crew.

Optimus Prime - Washed out of the AUtobot acadamy. Best job he could get was captain of a broken down maintence vessel.

Ratchet - Retired war veteran. Unable to cope with retirement, he'll take any job he can get, even if it's fixing space bridges.

Bulkhead - Obviously designed for demolitions type work. Inevitable he would end up on a job lik this.

Bumblebee - Young kid - you kinda get the impression that this is first job. Works around generally with the repair crew.

Prowl - Ninja?

So, why is there a Ninja bot with a bunch of repair bots? All the others can fit into the repair nitch nicely - except Prowl and Prime. They question why Prime has his skills, but nobody questions why Prowl does. So, what's he do? What's his job on the ship?

I have a theory. It's simple - Prowl is the security guard. He's combat trained - not acadamy trained like Prime was, but he's designed to handle himself in a fight, in case the Maintence crew runs into some low level trouble - Pirates, perhaps. Not a match for a fully trained Decepticon, and it's likely his security training has gone to his head.

So, anybody else have a theory?

2. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

You know I never ever thought of that. I forgot the whole "But we're repair bots" and your examples and explinations do make sense but yes why Prowl. But your theory is the only thing I can make sense of to be honest. Including the fact he preffered working alone in the premiere.

3. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Maybe he just took up cirsuit-su casually but started getting real arrogant when he was on the verge of mastering it, so he was just an average bot when he joined the crew.

4. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Security guard fits well with me. I mean they have their own medic, might as well have some security. Or perhaps he likes the job of traveling to isolated planetoids so he can practice.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Or maybe this is just his first real job, too. Maybe being a ninja doesn't pay a living wage, or was just a hobby, or something his creator trained him in. :D 

--Moony

6. The Crab

The Crab Custom Awesome Title

I always thought that Prowl was once a highly trained assassin. He was hired by a high-ranking someone to kill another important someone, and somehow, he failed. As punishment, that high-ranking someone demoted him to clean-up crew.

At least, that's my theory. :p 

7. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Oh thats actualy a good theory too, expect I don't think autobots make for good assassins.

8. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Highly unlikely. I don't think they'd do that on a younger-themed kids show.

9. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

They (Magnus and Sentinel) Probably sent someone with actually battle capability to watch over the kids and the senior.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i always figured Prime as the head of it, Bumblebee as a welder, Bulkhead as a demolition crew, Ratchet as the guy who moves stuff (magnets) and Prowl as their "smart guy" who would be the one to make sure the job was done right, and also as the pilot of the ship. that last bit is from when Megatron attacked the ship, Prime was fighting him, BB and Bulkhead were guarding the Allspark, Ratchet was fixing the ship, and Prowl was flying it.

also, his flgiht ability could be that he flies upwards to do some work. and his weapons were origianlly more like saw blades used as throwing stars.

11. King of kings

King of kings Well-Known Member

I just thought that Prowl was part of the repair crew because he doesn't like working as part of a team and as such the Autobots thought he would be less hassle working as part of said repair crew.

12. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    It struck me, especially during the premiere (but also in later episodes, such as springing the Dinobots) ...that Prowl has a problem with authority. He's obviously too skilled to settle for being a civvy-bot, and too much of a lone wolf for general military service.

So, rather than put up with a bot who refuses to listen to anybody or be part of a team, he was thrown onto the fastest ship out to the middle of nowhere.

13. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    My theory is that he once punched a superior officer (who probably deserved it), and his two choices for staying in the Autobot ranks were as a cook or as a repair bot.

14. Sir_Sapphire

Sir_Sapphire Well-Known Member

Maybe he's the crew's Security Officer, nearly every boat has one, and space boats should be no exception.

15. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I vote Security Officer. He doesn't seem particularly skilled at science or repair.

Maybe they will have an origin how each one ended up on gilligan's 3 hour tour.

16. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Security guard seems the most plausible explanation for Prowl's presence on the repair crew so far. But i suppose it could also just be that he was a previously combat-trained bot that needed an occupation of some sort and was interested in travelling space, and the repair crew was all that he could find an available place on.

17. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Prowl could be a Decepticon?

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there is definetly a mystery to the ship and misson. Why would a repair crew even have contact with the commander of the autobots. Thats like a freeway repair crew phoning the president. and then theres the whole code omega thing. I think this ship had a secret misson of some kinda like protoform x and the axalon back in the beast wars days. Maybe the odd crew choice has something to do with that

19. Sir_Sapphire

Sir_Sapphire Well-Known Member

Then again it could just be a screwy crew, Rattrap was a demolitions expert on an exploration mission.

20. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    They've had prisoner tested steroids, Bumblebee running a guy to near-death, Prime disregarding the possibility of lives (Dinobots?), the entire Thrill of the Hunt episode, and Sumdac using bits of Megatron as a throne.

I think they would have the guts to go there.

That said, I'm sticking with my security guard story.