The Mystery of Final Battle Jazz? (reasonably well known movie spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The Demolisher, Jun 25, 2007.

1. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

I think I "may" have solved it.

Releasing 3 repaints of the same mould as the same character is pretty insane. The fact that they'd release even 2 does prove how repaint crazy Hasbro is, and what a load of pish it was that they'd never have shoe-horned a Classics Thundy in a very near-future line.

But I think it's unlikely.

So I think that maybe after all, our initial presumption that Final Battle Jazz IS the G1 repaint might make more sense.

Look at "Rescue Ratchet" - the name makes a bit more sense, but it shows that they seem to be giving special names to these repaints.

The package we saw "Final Battle Jazz" on was not a final product - it's extremely likely that the image we saw was nothing but a placeholder. It wasn't changed enough to "be" a repaint, really.

So why is he Final Battle Jazz? I think I have an idea.

If you look at the back of the repaint Starscream, from what I can make it, it seems he altered himself after the final battle of the movie. I think that this is a deviant timeline - since in the sequel he'll likely look different from either design. I think "Final Battle Jazz" is much the same, but another alternate timeline - retrieving the Allspark, Jazz was resurrected for/just after the Final Battle and took on new colours in the process.

It's just a theory. Again, it seems mad to have 3 repaints in that short space of time.

2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Hmmm.....could be but I don't think so. The Final Battle jazz is still the beat up Jazz in his final confrontation with the Decepticons. Hasbro is milking us dry with many variations of the mold in every conceivable way.

Just my 2 cents.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    A placeholder with battle damage and a new weapon? Final battle Jazz is, well, Hasbro's way of milking the molds for all they're worth, making retools/paints based on scenes from a big hit movie is a very clever way of reselling a product.

Hell, they did it to the extreme with STARWARS.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I think the G1 Jazz, like the G1 Starscream and Ratchet, are Target exclusives. Final Battle Jazz is the battle-damaged remold with the new weapon that we saw on the back of Dropkick and some other upcoming deluxes' cards.

5. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

I don't necessarily think that Final Battle Jazz is the G1 deco, but it's pretty easy to swap out the deco of a figure (meaning the weapon was always going to be different, but the deco change came at the last minute), and this wouldn't be the first time that promotional materials showed a different deco than the toy itself.

It might also explain why we haven't seen a packaged sample of final battle Jazz.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    G1 coloured Jazz has no new weapons. Jazz, FB Jazz and G1 Jazz are three different figures.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I honestly might get the Final Battle Jazz, just to pose him SPOILERS underneath Leader Megatron's foot SPOILERS, to recreate a scene from the movie, lol.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I suggest getting legends Jazz, he's much more in scale.

9. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

What is the new weapon for FB Jazz?

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  11. NegaPrime

NegaPrime Banned

That really just looks like his regular gun without the telescoping barrel.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Look again, it has a hinge and a blade/spoiler on the back, plus it's thinner.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Guys hasbro repaints/retools or reissues every mold at least once in general. Its rare that they don't use it more than once. For those of new coming into the fandom, this might be new to you. For those of you who have collected tf's for the past few years, this shouldn't be. It isn't surprising and shouldn't be surprising. If g1 deco Jazz was mass market, then it would be too much, however he is most likely a target exclusive, so having 2 final battle jazz' close in time on shelves wouldn't really matter.

14. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That could be it but I just think that hasbro is sucking the life out of movie merch by re-painting everything and anything so they don;t have to make new mold but they can still make some mullah with minnumum effort, Damn that hasbro.

15. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Welcome to every Transformers line ever.