The Mysterious new Bumblebee toy Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ayleron, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

So now that we know what the Optimus toy is I was thinking about what the Generations Bumblebee could be. It occured to me that it may very well be a toy of IDW's leader-upgrade BB. That could be why we havent seen or heard anything about it yet because it is under wraps like Drift was. IDW seems to be good about rumor control. Opinions?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    could be

3. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe they'd follow Takara Tomy's Transformers United and re-release the classics mold? However, I love your idea of an IDW pseudo-movie Bumblebee.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was just WfC Cliffjumper, he's been absent from pretty much everything except the newest batches of images despite knowing it was coming for a while now. I dont mean to be the buzzkill but I dont want anyone getting their hopes up, either.

5. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

Dang, your right that does make more sense than the leader-bee. But it would be sweet if it was, I know I would preffer that to a repaint...

6. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Go on, I'll guess/hope that it's a variation on Shattered Glass Goldbug. Because I want it to be.

7. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    Bumping this to TF Toy Discussion.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly I bet its another rendition of movie Bumblebee, maybe even a repaint of the Battle Blades mold, considering Hasbro is apparently shipping Generations and Movie figures together starting with the Jazz/Tracks/Mindset/Fallback wave. Just a hunch.

9. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I thought it was already confirmed in the TU thread that it was classics BB with chrome? Granted the American release could be different. Does this mean the Prime listing was not the Deluxe Prime they got, but the G2 Laser Prime instead?

10. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    That's the assumption, yes.

11. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i believe this is exactly what that means, takare must of had no knowledge of the G2 prime and so were using this as an oppurtunity to release the deluxe classics prime mold in normal plastics since the only other time it was released was a as a part of the henkei crystal set.

im going to go out on a limb and say that hasbro will not be re-releasing the classics Bee mold, i think that the OP's hunch on IDW post upgrade Bee is very likely, and gawd do i hope it happens as Bee is freaking awesome in the ongoing series.

but i think that an even more likely (sadly) possibility is that the new generations bee being released alongside the G2 Prime will more than likely be some movie bee repaint :( 

12. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't know how Takara or Hasbro have no way of knowing what the other company is doing. 1) Takara engineers every toy that Hasbro makes... 2) Hasbro is primary owner of Transformers brand.

As to the reality of them rereleasing the Bee mold, yah I doubt it too. Just don't know why TakTom would rerelease it themselves, for United, if Generations is coming out with a new BB. That'd mean two of the same character in the same line. Want to know where my bets lie? Could be an opportunity to release that Hydrodive BB from Animated, and maybe even Wingblade for the Prime.

13. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well my statement about takara not always knowing what hasbro up their sleeve stems from a release that was cancelled earlier this year. you remember the Takara Unite for the Universe voyager movie Prime with Jetfire armor? well as soon as Hasbro announced voyager Battle Blades Prime at Toyfair 2010 takara had United for the Universe Prime cancelled. which i can only assumes is due to the superior tooling on battle blades prime, thus i would think once they have more infor on the G2 Prime figure they will likewise cancel the deluxe classics mold prime in favor of the better figure. though most of that is speculative BS. lol

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think Unite for the Universe was a pure coincidence. Don't read too much into it would be my advice.

For the Bumblebee, I'm going to vote a Movie Bumblebee of some shape or form. Purely because most waves tend to have a redeco in them and the other three we know to be new molds. Law of averages suggests Bumblebee will be the odd one out, rule of popularity suggests that because Movie Bumblebee is popular Hasbro will want one on the pegs - the last one would have been five assortments ago when this hits after all.

15. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Considering we got a redeco of STarscream back in Universe when we were all hoping for a new mold...I'm leaning towards a redeco of Classics Bee (especially since he hasn't been available at mass retail since early 2007)

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I suspect those expecting redecos of either Classics or Movie (likely the latest HFTD one, as there's be no repaints of that yet) are probably correct, with an outside chance of the IDW "Classics Camaro" design.

If they did something like release a non-metallic TFA Hydro-Bee separated from the sub-jet-thing, I would buy that HARD and often. :)  I do consider that the least likely of all possibilities though.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'm not just leaning towards it, I've fallen right onto it!