The Musical, transformers!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by perceptor2.0, Jun 28, 2008.

1. perceptor2.0

perceptor2.0 artist

2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I was open to the idea, but those were not good. I wouldn't pay to see that.

Like I thought it would be smarter than than. Like a Musical version of TF the movie or something. Not just a bunch of random genre songs about TFs.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno, it had its moments. The songs had pleasing enough melodies, and sounded more professional than I expected them to. They do have a fun, upbeat energy to them.

But yeah, it was more using TF as a framing device rather than actually being a cohesive musical ABOUT Transformers. Which is fine... for the great majority of the populace "Transformers" is just a campy blip in pop culture history. We can't expect everyone to think about them as deeply as we do on this and other fan-boards. :) 

About ten years ago, when I was still in college down in Southern California, I remember reading somewhere that another L.A. university was trying to stage a Transformers musical. I don't know if they ever succeeded, or how far they got with it, but I would have been intrigued to see what they had in mind. I'm a big musical fan (and proud of it, baby!) so naturally I would love to see a real, fully developed musical about Transformers. If I had a smidge of musical talent myself I'd try to write something, but as it is.... well, I'm glad a few folks are taking at least a bit of a stab at it.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Man, everyone keeps trying to make fan musicals about popculture things these days, and they never impress me. I can honestly say I have been involved with better musicals.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A musical without Stan Bush? epic fail.
    I think my metrosexuality is doomed, but mixing a balls-out, man only toy line with the likes of Gershwin or A.L. Webber? i died a little today. lol.

6. perceptor2.0

perceptor2.0 artist

haha

7. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The music itself is good, I like the varied styles and the production sounds pretty solid. Though for a musical, I tend to like consistency. Now I know it's supposed to be campy and comedic, but for me it seems like the lyrics aren't in on the joke. I also can't seem to make out any coherent plot from the selections of songs. The vocal melodies are a little rough and though many of the words rhyme, it seems like words a forced in and don't quite fit in well with the cadence of the song.

I've never attempted a musical and certainly don't pretend to think it would be easy, but based on what I've heard so far, it would be a difficult sell for me to go. I wish them all the luck with this endeavor.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That's pretty goofy. :lol 

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Oh HELL no - sounds awful.