The Music of Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Inikalord, Sep 2, 2011.

?

What is your fave Japanese TF song?

1. G1 continuity (leave comment)

22.9%
  2. unicron trilogy (leave comment)

5.7%
  3. movieverse (animated is included, this being JP and all; leave comment)

51.4%
  4. none (why)

11.4%
  5. THERES JP TRANSFORMERS THEME!? (thrown in for the lols)

8.6%
  1. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    One and probably one of the most important things that is memorable about Transformers is the music.

The orchestra pieces from the Movies, the Rock and Synth of the 80's, the Dark and Electronic of Beast Machines...it's endless.

What's your favourite?

Me personally, I absolutely loved the music used in Beast Wars. The music used when Dinobot is "cremated" always gets to me.

2. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I love some of the synth stuff in season 3, particularly in Web World and Return of Optimus Prime. I find this music has most influenced my own writing. Of course the 80s orchestra material from seasons 1 and 2, which is really a throwback to '60s orchestra-jazz (like the price is right theme), is awesome as well.

I agree with you on BW though, nothing signifies the coming of a battle like the BW throwdown music. Check out 3:30 here Beast Wars: The first battles - YouTube and especially 1:15 here Beast Wars episode 2 Beast Wars Part 2 (3 of 3) - YouTube. Yes, they are variations of the theme, but so epic!

3. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, G1 season 1 music is the best of the lot, it seems like they spent some time and money on the show for some reason more than the second.
    I love the strange dichotomy of the Movie score just as much though, the way Vince's score is 'seamlessly' intercut with hair metal is hilarious, but will always have a place in my heart.

EDIT: Actually, that raises a question. Did Vince have access to the other tracks used for the score, or did he work in isolation? My guess is that he worked solo, but i'd like to know for sure.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    All of the orchestra stuff from the movies and TFP and that TF theme song done by Lion.

5. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    You can't beat TF:TM's soundtrack, hair metal at it's finest. Though, the TFP, TFA, BW, and Movies music come close.

6. UltraMagnus3786

I think he had access for a few reasons. 1) I think Dare was a collaboration. 2) He writes some music between when the Junkions attack the Autobots and when they all team up and party together. I think Dare to Be Stupid was already released at that time, so his transition music references it quite a bit. Check out 6:15 here Transformers The Movie 1986 part 7 - YouTube

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Talking video games for a moment, the PS2 Armada game has one of the amazing video game soundtracks I've ever heard.

WFC's soundtrack is also pretty sweet.

8. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
  9. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

The scores for the movies are great. I'm glad they got a good composer to do them, because the movies could easily have had obnoxious crappy music that makes them look even more lowbrow than they already do. Instead we got some beautiful orchestral music that can compete with any artsy-fartsy film.

Seconded. The season 3 music did a great job of setting the mood. I used to have a homemade audio cassette recording of "Face of the Nijinka" that I would listen to for the music, because almost every cool track is in that episode somewhere. :) 

It stinks that we've never been able to get them to make an official release of all of the G1 music, because I'd gladly fork over any amount of money for it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  10. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

The music of the orginal G1 show does it for me. Both the early seasons and season three.
    Also the music to some of the Japanese shows, especially the intro for Victory.

11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The movie score are really good. I also always liked the music of Beast Wars. I thought Cyebrtron had pretty good music as well. The background music of TFTM is good too, especially Unicron's theme.

12. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

For me, it's the live-action movies. (I think I'm in a minority here, but oh well.)

13. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    Till all are one is the only transformers song that makes me smile every time listen to it while the bay former music has this epic tone that it's own gravity g1 well it's just g1

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Always loved the Mainframe scores (Beast Wars/Beast Machines), but there's also one song from the 80's cartoon that I've always liked. It was like do do, do do, do do do do do haha, it was catchy.

15. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Themes and songs from Headmasters & Masterforce are my favorites. Cheesy, but awesome.

16. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but :lolol 

17. UltraMagnus3786

are you talking about the horn hits at like 1:01? Transformers episode 38 - Blaster blues part 1 - YouTube

18. Nemisispath

Nemisispath My username sucks

and now a nice and nifty musical selection...

for easy listening, hold onto your dancing shoes and go, man, go!

Anyway, this thread is just a poll about tf music! specifically the Japanese themes, endings, and background/soundtrack music.

So my favorite Japanese TF song is from the g1 continuity, and is called marionette. It was the ending theme to car robots

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

20. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    ^^^^:lolol