The MP Rodimus VS FP Protector Poll...Which Is Better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Sep 5, 2011.

?

Which is the best representation of Hot Rod/Rodimus

1. FP Protector

49 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. Takara MP Rodimus

75 vote(s)
    40.8%
  3. TRU MP Rodimus

46 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. None of the above (Indicate another option in thread.)

14 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. KWFlange

KWFlange You're So Jelly

MP Roddy all the way (either version) they would be superior even if they weren't the only hot rods on the list. Considering Protector isn't allowed to actually be Rodimus Prime...he is to Hot rod what Excellion is...some one else entirely who happens to look kind of like him.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I own MP09, TRU MP Hotrod, Classics Rodimus(BiS) and Classics Hotrod(original) in Protector Armour.

I agree you can not compare the two figures. I enjoy all 4 but for different reasons.

The two MP's - Mine had no issues so Qc does not seperate them. One had a trailer one has a target master. Both are win for their own reasons.

I seem to be in a minority that liked the Hotrod Classics mould and I think Protector, though looking nothing like Rodimus, follows the rules of Classics and updates tthe character yet leaves them identifiable upon a glance.

I take joy in the simple fact that I now have 4 Rodimi that are G1 inspired.

Tis truly be a wonderful time to be in this hobby.

p.s. If I had to choose 1 of the 4....TRU MP Hotrod. Size matters and I would take the target master and much lower price over a trailer. I am personally not a fan of trailers that end up becoming risers for my collection.

3. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I chose FP Protector for a few reasons.

This is my third FP product and second favorite. Bruticus is the best, though.

I saw alot of advances from City Commander and I really appriciated them...

I was never a big fan of Rodimus in G1. He always hated being leader and regretted the matrix. NOTHING like Optimus... So the character itself was never a top priority for me...

MPs trailer would be an absolute waste for me. I dont have the room for it. Only the main robot figure. And the size of MP is way to big for me.

I dont care enough for this character to be big and impressive. Next to the likes of MP Grimlock, MP Optimus and FP City Commander...

So I chose Protector. Just the right size and attention to detail. FP is the best!

4. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both. Mp09 and protector. Never can be enough Rodimus PRimes.

5. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    I say fourth option:

each is very good for representing Rodimus in different and important ways.

Each kind of toy has different purposes. Without Protector, Hot Rod would not be much of a good toy. One the plastic went a bit wonky on the BiS set, look how many bought that set just for the Cyclonus. But throw Protector on, and there you go.

MP Rodimus is brilliant in the MP scale with the well-known problems with the mold.

6. Shockblaster

Shockblaster Well-Known Member

I don't own any of these figures, but I say Takara MP Rodimus.

7. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Protector I know I would hate because I can't stand the Classics Hot Rod mold.

The current Takara Hot Rod MP figure I know I won't like because of the molding and fragility issues.

The TRU Hot Rod MP release is fine, but flawed, especially in the elbows.

So I say, the second run of the Takara Hot Rod MP figures will be the best. It will have the better boots, it will have the trailer, and most importantly I seriously doubt it will have the same god awful elbow joints the TRU version has.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    They're completely different figures, and comparing/contrasting the two isn't fair to either.

9. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

I agree. I use Energon Rodimus for my CHUG version. he looks great with Kup and Blurr

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    One is for classics, the other one is for Masterpiece. You can't even mix and match the two. Protector too short and diff. from "articulated G1", which is what Masterpiece really, are. MP rodimus does NOT, no matter WHO SAYS, DOES NOT have any classics update to his form and aesthetics, thus doesn't fit in that line.

So its Apples and Oranges, as many have said.

Personally? I don't collect MP, so protector is for me. I don't like articulated Geewun, so I hate MP Rodimus.

11. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

"Better" makes this question very ambiguous.... then I saw the real question was which was the better representation of Hot Rod/Rodimus.

Hands-down, the best VISUAL representation of the character is MP-09. No one can really dispute that... it has almost all the gimmicks that he had in the movie, the paint is spot on, AND he can combine with his trailer and still look older.

Which one is the better TOY? In my opinion, the Protector armor wins.... I haven't been on TFW for a super long time, but I haven't seen complaints about shit breaking on users' Protector armor kits. Almost all the complaints I've seen on this kit have been subjective regarding the looks... which is fine but doesn't really point out any flaws in the toy itself (besides the Hot Rod forearms behind the shoulders). I think a lot users wanted something that made Classics Hot Rod into something more G1-ish (which this kit doesn't really do, minus the trailer mode) but I really like the kit because it's a great modern representation of the G1 toy.

12. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Although if the second revision of MP-09 only includes the fixes from the Hasbro release, it still make me pretty wary to pick it up... The fix on the boots and feet were great, I haven't had any issues here, and at least if one of the shin/calf pads come off, it can just snap back on.

I was really hoping that Hasbro/Takara was going to beef up the backpack tabs that lock into his legs in his alt mode. I've been super careful about pulling these back out whenever I did the transformation and I'm still getting stress marks along that line.

13. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Folks, got a question... Is the TRU MP Roddy ever going to get the trailer? Without it, it only looks like Hotrod.

14. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

One vote for titanium

15. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Takara MP Rodimus.....just for his alt. mode. Its huge and diaplays great. Plus I'm a MP whore.

I like classics Rodimus a lot (and I love the protector alt. mode), but the combined robot mode looks to goofy to me, and nothing like rodimus prime IMO.

16. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

this

17. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

TRU MP Rodimus. SInce they did fix many of the issues with the takara one it transforms much easier and still looks awesome. Offshoot is pretty damn cool as well.

I love my takara MP-09 but due to the issues its not something i feel comfortable handling and as of right now its back in the box and i have my TRU one out.

18. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Takara Masterpiece Rodimus, especially when the 2nd edition fixing the previously known issues is released.

19. tchad

tchad Well-Known Member

I never cared for Rodimus - I liked HotRod. So TRU version is perfect. It took some work getting used to the transformation, but I think its pretty good now.

20. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    I do not own an MP Rodimus, but I love the Protector armor.