The movie toys have no power over me! Anybody else?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by aprim, Oct 20, 2009.

1. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So everyone is flipping about the New Leader Star Scream..I just don’t see it. Maybe people who are new to TF because the movie, that I could understand. But knowing what I know about TF's in general, and after 25 years of collecting this was the properly the furthest thing I would expect movie Starscream to look like. He looks like a big triangle...even after 2 movies (1 I thought was real good) I can’t even take it seriously, let alone buy the fig. That goes for all the movie toys of me. They have zero buying power for me. Might as well be a BEN 10 action figure line because I don’t even notice them.

Anybody else feel like this? Please don’t start a flame war here, honest question. Even when I liked the first movie, other then gifts from people I never went out and needed to buy any of the figs. They hold no impulse over me and my TF Obsession. Which is properly a good thing 
    Aanybody else?

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm the opposite, the movie toys are the ONLY ones with power over me.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

No surprise coming from me, I've said this many times already. I don't collect the movie lines, or animated for that matter. What I care about is G1 and from that, the Classics/Universe line.

I do have a few movie figures though- RotF Leader Prime, Voy. Starscream, and a few others for bashing/re-shell purposes. Oh, and Movie 1 Arcee and Chromia. Just because I like bikes. Didn't pay retail for Chromia though, nor do I plan to for Arcee or Elita-1.

4. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Gotta agree. However I am going to buy Bludegeon when he comes out since he was supposed to be in Universe 2.0

5. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

Same here, I haven't bought one of them.

TF1 got me into collecting and it was insatiable, I had to buy every one of them and was at the store every night. I also started buying original G1's off ebay, collecting classics and Animated.

It was nuts... no control.

Now I know better and the new TF's don't do much for me. It's the old nostalgic G1's and throwbacks that I'm still interested in.

I'm a recovering plastic crack addict for 5 months now. :) 

6. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How pissed where you when you seen he came from the Movie Line. I was so pissed cause now I have to pwn a Movie Toy...I collect MISB so I may have to open this one up.
    It should be a Universe 3.0 as well as Hoist and Whirl...

7. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then the Premium line came out and you had to rebuy most of them right. Now the ROTF movie line..Jesus it may be cheeper to colloct loose G1s..lol

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You see a big triangle, I see a figure I want.
    It doesn't matter to me if you don't "understand" why I buy the figures I do; knowing what I know about TF's in general, and after 25 years of collecting, I buy exactly what the hell I want to buy. Nothing will change that.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This.

10. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Movie toys FTW!!!!!!!!!

Kidding.

11. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:

Guess you can use that argument either way. I have been collecting since Transformes came out and I would like to think I know quite a bit as well :thumbs2:  . When I see the movie Decepticons all I see are aliens with bug heads. I buy what I want and I just don't like the design aesthetic. Hell, my little cousin didn't even realize some of the characters where supposed to be the same guys as in Animated. Not trying to start a war but just saying,, to each his own, I suppose

12. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s great Draven, then this thread really wasn’t for you. Glad you guys like it. Buy a whole bunch of them. Really, its not a problem. I do understand that there are people who like them, I just can’t understand the connection to Star Scream other then the name.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I took exception to the implication that because I like some of the movie figures I somehow don't know as much about Transformers as someone who doesn't like them. Which would be incorrect.
    It doesn't matter how long someone has been collecting; they still collect Transformers toys. That is what counts IMO.
    They're not the same guys. Animated and the movies are totally unconnected. The characters share names and some character traits. That is all.

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you mean you weren't expecting a movie Starscream toy to look like the Starscream from the movie? Or that you weren't expecting a movie Starscream to look like this and are still surprised like 2 and a half years later?

Serious question, I dunno which angle you're coming at this from in that specific point that you made in your opening post. D:

15. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To each there own. Do we need a new thread everytime a new figure comes out and ppl rant and rave there is someone to counter. Who cares like it or don't we all have our likes and dislikes

16. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

The only one I will buy is Bludgeon!!! Movie line don't do it for me. I grow up watching G1s and thats where it all started. The ONLY reason I love TF because of the G1 designs. The ONLY character from the movie that has resemblance to the G1 character is PRIME!! If the G1 designs was designed diff. lets stay like the GO-BOTS or Gundam I would'nt be into TF.

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    This all reminds me of how we saw that first sketch of movie Starscream and unanimously hated it - and now some people are calling the new Leader Starscream the "best TF ever". How times change.

I love the movie lines for the most part (except Megs and Starscream, those two just can't catch a break and I still can't stand gorillascream).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Can't please everyone I guess. I myself love what I am seeing from the new Leader Starscream. I hated to new voyager so much that Inever bought it. Those hands are big giant turd claws IMO. But the fact that it is leader size and it looks awesome from what we have seen, puts it on my want list.

I am curious as to why the movie toys "have no power over you". Can you explain it alittle more. Is it the robot modes, or the somewhat over complicated transformations?

19. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t see Star Scream when I look at him. Pretty much goes for all of the line. Prime is the only one to me that holds any type of resemblance to me.
    After my years of collecting and reading. Maybe some other collectors can see it. The Designs never looked good to me. Its just not my style.

20. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

+1 I feel you man!!