The movie toys drive me nuts (mini-rant I guess)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jetstorm, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I'm sorry, but the toys for the movies drive me nuts. Just the combination of the movies' extremely detailed and complex character designs (which I do LOVE while watching the movies) and the shit-tastic instructions make them more difficult than fun to transform.

And it's mainly the Constructicons, I for the life of me can't get Mixmaster, Rampage, or Demolishor back in their vehicle modes, it's ridiculous.

They really should have included "how to revert back to alternate mode" instructions instead of just saying "to revet back to alt. mode just reverse instructions".

I just don't understand, I'm 21 years old, I've never had a problem with Transformers (I had very little trouble with the R.I.D bros. for example and I used to be able to know how to transform a Transformer after doing it once), but the movie toys make me CRAZY. How are freakin' KIDS supposed to do this?? lol

I'm not the only one with this problem right?

2. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Demolishor not so much but I had to look at instructions briefly for Rampage to get him into robot mode the first time and the same for Mixmaster to return him to vehicle. I just wasn't paying attention to Mixmaster when I transformed him the first time and with Rampage I wasn't sure what I was supposed to with those pistons. I also had to look at the instructions for Prime to see how I was supposed to take his chest apart because it felt like I was going to break something.

In terms of reversing the instructions I usually just look for the panel with a diagram of the part that confuses me and then just figure it out from there. I think the ROTF toys are a big improvement on the first movie line thus far with leader megs being the main exception.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

At least most, if not all, of the RotF toys don't have that God-forsaken "Automorph" crap. I couldn't stand that. (Er.. most of the time. I loved it on Movie 1 Leader Prime).

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm having problems also. I find some of the movie toys' transformations complex. Up until today, I struggle with Ironhide's transformation! LOL! Another problematic one is preview's Bumblebee - I have difficulty in aligning the arms.

I think they should have keep the difficulty level to that of Ratchet, Jazz and Starscream. The first movie's Megatron was a nightmare for me also.

5. red4

red4 Banned

Not an issue with complexity, but TF1 Jazz's arms are still a bitch to fold back into the car's hood.

6. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

Your not alone with having difficulties. I had to consult a video review from member Peaugh just to be sure i was doing something right with leader Prime. And Bumblebee's arms going into Camaro mode still get me. However as a simple collector (not a ton of figures as im starting late in my life; Damn you childhood not realizing the goldmine i was sitting on!!!) I just have the Robots from each faction in their bot modes together, so transforming to me is something i dont do very often.
    However you have to give credit where credit is due... For Hasbro to make the toys represent their detailed onscreen selves, you need higher detail, and to suck detail out of a simple car the transformations must be more complex as well. Remember, when most of us got on transformers (it was what i grew up on, born in '87) the bots on screen were simple designed too...imagine if Hasbro went back and remade all of G1...they would look EXACTLY like their onscreen counterparts because they now have the knowledge (most of it probably from these movies) of how to extract that detail from the alt mode.
    So, my mini-rant aside, I think that its a trade off...if we want our figured to represent the new Autobots and Decepticons of the day (aside from animated i guess) then we may have to sacrifice the days of easy transformations...

just a thought...

7. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i dont understand how kids are supposed to transform leader prime

8. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    rotf prime isnt THAT bad, at least not for me anyways. try transforming death star vader into the death star. now thats fucking ridiculous

9. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

No...dont get me wrong kwickstrike...Leader Prime is not that bad...at all...after you figure out certain things...but might be time for more detailed instructions or at least words. Heres what happened to me...i wanted to get him into truck mode because i simply am a nerd and wanted to see him like that haha...but i did not know that his chest pieces pulled out...had no idea and had trouble getting that out of the instructions...I do agree with Jetstorm though...i would at least like a second set of instructions on getting back to vehicle mode...

but again i stand by my original point... if we want detail, at least for now, we have to sacrifice ease of transformation...

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have more problems with Skids than leader Prime. That damn oversized right arm sucks.

11. newguy

newguy i

I transformer them once, and i dont forget.

12. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    yea same for me. its just the SWTF death star, its like a puzzle. if u tab in one thing another pops out. it take a good half hour even if you know exactly what to do.

13. Optimus Crab

Optimus Crab Post-Apocalyptic Autobot

This happened to me with Leader Prime in a BIG way. The instructions threw me for such a loop I nearly mis-aligned his gear mechanism! But luckily I figured out they want you to BREAK him. XD

14. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

they don't. he transforms them

everyone should try trans-scanning prime. with him being mostly a shellformer and at just a bit over 5 inches it's hell getting everything in the right place

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When i got ROTF Sideswipe, i went to the 'Tube and watched a dude transform him so easily, but when i paused the clip, and tried it step by step, i had cold sweats about how tight my figure's pieces fit and was waiting for one of his swords to break.
    and had those same sweats fitting his arms back.

i feel ya, brudda.

I do look at the packages and stare wide eyed when a TF that rivals a Rubik's Cube is labeled as "5+".
    RiD Brothers are the worst.
    i gave a niece Scout class ROTF Knock Out and she spent over an hour with that one before getting it right. She's 14.
    RiD Ruination = 5+
    ROTF figures = 7+ perhaps?

16. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    He and BB are exactly where they were when I bought them, in the package (the only TF's I haven't taken out. (Oops, and Screen battles))

17. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know what also frustrates me. Gravity Bots. I can never get the transformation right.

18. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

There is no way a 5yr old is going to transform ROTF Rampage or Skids. Especially Rampage. Up until the animated line, the instructions just stayed in the packages. Now I find myself looking through the instructions for most of the newer figures that come out. Including alot of the universe2.0 stuff. I transform new figures twice right out of the package, and then I usually have it down. I stand by the statement that most kids 5+ are going to be ablr to anything with some of these ROTF figures. Dont get me wrong though, cuz I'm unexpectedly loving on the ROTF line so far, but the idea that kids under say 8 or 9 are going to get anything out of these toys except frustration is laughable.

19. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Skids and Mudflap made me look at the instructions. And I NEVER.LOOK.AT.INSTRUCTIONS. So I'm with you.

20. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Reminds me of the RID carbrother days!