The Movie toy delay doesnt bother me

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    When I was buying Classics I was buying them 2, 3, 4 at a time and it was just overkill. Jetfire and Devastator were the only ones I opened and am really glad I took my time with them individually. When I get a 'haul' it feels like I'm at a sloppy buffet with no time and too much hunger.

I bought Leader Prime last month and for a while he was the only TF I had in my apartment. I can really appreciate the intricate design and the enginuity that much more when I can actually stop and marvel at the way all the kibble comes together so easily.

Now that I got Alt Rodimus, I definitely plan on transforming him while I enjoy all the minutia of his design. I might not even purchase 08 BB, seeing as how this method of collecting has given me my fill of car bots for a while, and save for Hasbro's MP-03.

2. jetrex

jetrex Transform and Roll Out!

Ebay:
    Thats great. Good Enthusiasm I wish I could say the same. lol
    I believe actually will do the same for me. I normally buy thing in bulk. :D 

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I think I did a fairly decent job spreading out my purchases for the movie line (kinda).

First day (June 2nd that is) I picked up Barricade and Bonecrusher. Picked up Ironhide the next week. Got Blackout sometime the week after I believe. Got Starscream the next weekend. Got Leader Prime a couple weeks in. Picked up Ratchet fairly late in the game. I think the only time I actually really went all out on a haul was the week of/after my birthday where I picked up a fair few deluxes (still missing some)...and I haven't bought any since really.

Still have some I want/plan to get (either aren't out or can't find them)...and there are defintely some that I want that will not be out for quite a while.

4. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here; ever since the Movie line started I've been buying something like two TFs a week. It was great.

Until today, when I bought Classics Prime and three Real Gears. Now that I've bought all the TFs I want, it's great to give my wallet a rest until October or whenever the hell we're gonna see new toys.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

It doesn't bother me much, since my dad will find tfs faster than I can actually earn the money to bet them. The only thing that's bothering me is if my dad will let me get Ultimate BB, since I already told him I don't want him, lol.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Only thing that'd get me to consider owning Ultimate BB is if someone buys it for me or it is really cheap on clearance.

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I'm a sucker for it for some reason, I might change my mind once my dad finally brings the Robosapien home from work. UBB also seems more accurate to me, the cannon arm isn't that long, the face, forearms, etc

8. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

The delay is pissing me off. I love the movie toys. I've been to 8 stores, walmarts and targets and nothing. I have yet to check a toys r us. Texas is terrible with TF apparently.

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I think a big part of my disdain and loathe for it is the fact that:

1) The transformation is just....bad.
    2) It is one huge giant electronic gimmick (that takes a lot away from the toy aspect of it), which really pisses me off since the only gimmick I really have ever taken a shine to is automorph
    3) The cheap look to it, coupled with the massive price tag (which is mostly due to the electronics)
    4) He fucking sings and dances -_-

There are definitely some things I like about it...but nothing enough to climb over them hurdles.

10. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad that the delay isn't bothering everybody and I agree that when too many come out together, it doesn't give you enough time to enjoy them. But DAAAAAAMN, I need my fix baaaaaaad!!!!! I haven't even been able to find Scout Strongarm in my area, not to mention anything that came after him like Voyager Megatron or Deluxe Concept Camaro Bumblebee or Deluxe Arcee or Deluxe Dreadwing or Leader Brawl, etc. I need my plastic crack now!!! ; )

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I usually buy one of each. But then make the mistake of going into the kitbash forum :lol 

That forces me to go get seconds and some paint!

12. Bro The Jackal

Bro The Jackal Kamen Rider

I wish I had you guy's problem. These are dark days for TFs, not that I can't stop buying them but my wallet's just not looking so good right about now. :'(

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    We can buy The Titanuims that are still here.

14. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

The delay has definitely made me do alot more hunting. I am more appreciative when I do find something like the Robot Replicas I found yesterday.

15. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    The wait will be good for my wallet if it is true that it will be October before we see anything. I still need Voyager Megatron, Longarm, Payload, Final Battle Jazz, and maybe FAB Frenzy. I'm not getting Voyager Prime but may change my mind if the delay is long and I have the money. I would count Leader Brawl if he was out. I did get my plastic fix of Transformers from a new Target that opened up closer to me (about 60+ miles away) when I got the first two waves of Basics.

Assuming nothing past what is list coming out this month and September comes out in October I should be able to actually save some money. By using October's planned budget for figures and not all of what I save from not getting anything before then I should save a little more than planned.