The movie thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraPrimus56, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

What has it become? For the past months to year now, members including myself have either tried to scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with topics to keep this thread alive... But to no avail. So I am here to give my thoughts on what should happen with the movie thread. In my honest, most dearest opinion... The movie thread should be temporarily retired, at least until we get some real, official, and juicy news about Transformers 4. This thread has now reached its "did you really just make a topic about this" kind of deal, and honestly I for one am sick of it. I know we can't really close the movie thread... But lets at least try to stop making such rediculous topics, and keep cloning the "Why did Ironhide or any other dead bot have to die!?" or the "Who should be in the next movie". Its good to make those threads once, but not keep replicating them in but having a different title. I'm now just ranting on, but I want to know your thoughts on this, and let me know if this topic has been made already so a mod can lock it or something.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    There's just nothing left to talk about. Simple as that.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    This thread just started, how has it gotten out of control?

4. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    This, since there is absolutely no telling when fresh TF4 news will be available now that they're apparently trying to get back into that Ninja Turtles movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92622

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Just to let you know, OP, the term you're actually looking for here is "forum". The movie FORUM. Threads are individual topics that reside in an overall forum. For example, this THREAD of yours is in the movie FORUM. You're requesting that the movie FORUM be shut down. Threads get shut down all of the time. Forums? Not so often.

On topic, Split summed it up. At this point in the movieverse, there's not much to talk about. Granted, the movie forum can sometimes suck at the best of times, but it's the lulls like these between the movies that the stupidity runs rampant. Just wait a couple more months and then news of casting, pre-production, possible filming locations, interviews with Spielberg, Bay, di Bonaventura, etc., will start trickling in, and then when early 2014 comes around, we'll have teasers and trailers to discuss. But for now, there's not much to go on.

Anywho, I don't see this particular thread lasting too long. Threads complaining about threads and/or forums have irony levels over 9000.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup.

You know it's bad when you see TylerMirage in practically every thread posting links to 10 other similar threads.

7. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

This exactly

8. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

well all have made dumb pointless topics, its all part of the fun.

9. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

It should stay up, another movie is coming, and the recent releasing of the full movie scores makes the forum still relevant. If pointless threads bother people then people will start avoiding or not commenting on the movie threads but since they still do it the movie forum is still relivant. And really people should be thankful the pointless threads are contained here instead of being posted in other forums.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't like the threads? Don't post in them.

Don't like the kind of threads in the forum? Make ones you prefer.

Because protip, OP, this isn't the first time someone has made a thread about this.

11. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    VERY good advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.