The Movie, the reactions, the drama

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Xformermike, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

:duel 

Let's do this.

I understand that many of you do not like the new designs. I understand that we as a fandom enjoy jumping to conclusions so much that we start to believe any and everything we jump to. I also know that people in this fandom (in all fandoms for that matter.) can be know-it-alls that always think their right..., therefore, I know that a lot of people already think they saw the movie and know what it's going to bring to the table.

The thing I understand the most though, is that that kind of defeatist attitude only helps to further perpetuate an already ridiculous situation. Everyone is afraid. We're afraid that the movie is going to blow. We're afraid that Michael Bay ("the devil that is raping your fucking childhood" ...if i see that statement one more time I'm going to puke, get real.) is going to destroy something that we've cared about and loved for the last 20 odd years. I understand that everyone is afraid, and I understand that fear leads to assumptions and panic, but PLEASE, do not let the fear that this movie will suck convince you it is a definitive truth, an already known commodity, it's NOT. This movie needs to be seen before you can judge it! Do not forget that one very important fact!

The drama and theatrics aren't helping anyone, all we can do is hope that we're wrong, rather than being convinced we're right.

That's all I gotta say, sorry if I step on a nerve or two.

:throw 

~Mike.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Despite my instinct I’m going to let this thread go but if things get to heated I’m coming back. So feel free to discuses the issues raised here but please keep it civil.

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

As someone who likes what he's seen about this movie, I have one question about this thread. What's the point? People who like it will like it, people who don't won't. And until the actual movie is seen by people, most opinions won't change. No amount of complaining about the 'complainers' will help anyone, just let them rant their rant posts, ignore what you don't like, and just keep on truckin.

And again, for the record, I think the OP and BB designs kick ass, I have absolutely no problems with any alt modes, nor do I care about Micheal Bay as a person or a director any more then I care about anyone else. But even after all that, I ain't gonna tell the nay sayers they can't nay say.

Though I'm sure we can all agree the 'raping my childhood' crap is getting old.

4. Xformermike

I'm just voicing my opinion on an issue Zie, that's the point.

Take what you will from the thread... If you agree with me, agree with me! Don't question me for speaking up about how I feel... if you don't don't agree than tell me why not.... It's just a discussion... That's the point of threads, discussion...

To clarify, because we are now beginning to put words into my mouth... , I never said don't complain even once, I just said it's not really helping anything... Complain if you want, it's not going to change anything! To reiterate using different words... I merely said all we can do is hope we're wrong about what we're comlpaining about.

I'm trying to be a voice of reason I guess, maybe I'm not doing it right, sorry.

5. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Yes! Thank you.

6. Xformermike

Again... Cause it hasn't quite sunk in yet......, I'm not saying don't complain. I'm saying it's not really helping anything. I'm trying to have a positive outlook on the situation despite the complete abundance of negativity. Just because I think complaining isn't helping, doesn't automatically mean I'm telling you not to complain.... I'm telling you I don't think it helps anything. Bay's gonna do what he wants.

These are just my thoughts, I'd like to see yours too, rather than just have my thoughts questioned without thinking about what I'm actually saying.

This is a good example of how we like to jump to conclusions.

I think it's awesome that they are working with Arron Archer and Hasbro too. Even though the departure from classic design is a tad jarring to many, I'm investing a lot of hope into the story arc. I think that it's going to feel right, and cause me to love the characters. Just to clarify, I like the new designs, they're different. Very drastic change. At first I sort of stared at them and cocked my head trying to figure out why such a drastic change???? But then I realized... first of all... I was expecting this sort of thing the entire time, so why am I surprised!? And Second of all... They aren't ugly designs, they're just new. They feel different making it harder to identify with them. As time passed they grew on me. This is transformers now like it or not. Transformers design has been shifting and changing since it's beginnings, I don't understand why it's such a shock everytime it happens. Don't you guys just expect it now? I do.

I thought transtech would bring the Transformers up to a level that more people in the world could identify with causing it's popularity to rise. But it didn't happen, and I was disappointed. Now I'm getting transtech essentially, only they turn into real cars, which makes it even more awesome, and I'm hoping people will be able to identify with them more easily. Time will tell I guess... It's really hard to say at this point.

All I know for sure is we're living at a pretty exciting time in TF history, or at least one of the MOST controversial and possibly pivotal. =P

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The way I see it, opinions, especially strongly held ones, have little to no chance of changing until the film is out for the viewing. Some may have their opinions change, and others will feel their opinions were confirmed, and proclaim "I told you so!" up and down the boards. And there will be a select few who will change their mind, while claiming they ALWAYS felt the same way about the film. They will be the greatest of all. :) 

8. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

You have to realize that for many of us complaining is pretty much all we have, Ive tried to like what ive seen and unfortunatly I dont its too much of a divergance visually from what Transformers have always been.

I think what truly annoys though is that these changes seem entirely arbitrary and done for little other purpose than to put the filmakers personel stamp on it.

Thats the really frustrating part none of these changes were either needed or desired by anyone who bloody matters.

9. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Lol, I wonder if instead we had actuall person to person meetings it would turn into a horror story,..................thank god we have technologie :D 

but yeah, I have given some negative comments on the pre-BB back in may, which I actually was turned into more of a beleiver seeing his prop, I must say among being one person, I really do think this movie might do well.

That is my opnion whats yours :D 

10. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

I dunno what to say I like what I see stuff's pretty "Ultimate". I'll watch the Spidermans, and the Batman Begins series cause their "Ultimate" but I have no intrest in the Superman Returns movies cause their decidely not.

11. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I get you...and to be honest, the movie is what it is...

It will never win an Oscar (and nor it should) but I am happily waiting to see big freaking robots fight. Would there be something that I would change if I could, it’s possible, but it is also possible that I will love every minute of it...

Every 'new' series of the transformers has brought something different to the table.
    Bw- Animals
    BM- Vehicles / animals
    RID- Different take on teh transformers story
    Armada- Minicons
    Energon- Powerlink
    Cybertron- Keys
    Classics- Updated designs of fav characters
    Alternators- Detailed licensed vehicles- super detailed figs
    Tits- Miniature and transforming figs based on multiple continuities...

Movie- Hard to say, but should be interesting...

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Whatever...its only a hobby, and anyone who makes it more than needs to see a therapist. Its fun to talk about and such, but damn I'm sick and tired of these tell me how to feel and act threads.

Besides, it's the internet...what else are people gonna do besides complain...holding fake hands and sing "We are the World"?

13. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I respect other people's opinions. If they don't like something, then they dont like it. But I resent the immaturity. Screaming about their childhood's getting raped, wanting to kill Micheal Bay, insulting others who like the designs. Oh and the cute sigs :rolleyes2 

It's one thing to voice an opinion. It's another to take it too far.

14. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

Isn't that the point of this thread?

I don't see this coming from the nay-sayers. Usually, I see this attached to the nay-sayers for the sake of making them look bad.

WAL

15. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Wow I think we've found the next big annoying thing. Threads about other threads....

16. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

How about act like an adult?

Is this totally the film I would have liked it to be? In my mind's eye, not really. I had a totally different mental image from what we're seeing. Does that disappointment me? A little. I also realize, that decisions are made and I'm not a part of those decisions. I'm the end consumer. Complaining at this point will only get myself worked up and maybe a few other people will join in. Will any of that complaining do anything? Not a damn bit.

Do you have to accept it? No, that's the right of anyone. By not accepting it do you have to advocate against it? HELL NO!

I am a very big fan of GI Joe from the 80s (note the screen name). I am not that huge of a fan of the new Sigma Six line. I tried to like it, and well.. it's just not my cup of tea. Do I blast the line every time I get a chance? No. Instead I discuss what I like.. and things that interest me. If you let the anger, fear and hatred consume you, you're going to be a miserable human being.

As a community, you share. I've been part of some very good communities over the years that have been a very positive experience. People share idea, accept the ideas and like of others and everyone gets along for the most part. Here, I see anger in its most pure form: hate, thriving in the hearts of some posters.

Posting on the Internet should be no more different from talking to someone in real life. There is decorum and tact... which need to be used.

17. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry, I've found 1 post here where a nay-sayer said that. And there are plenty more of those type of posts from nay-sayers. But I'm not going through 100+ page threads just to prove it

Either way it has been said/implied many times on this and other boards. And it DEFINITELY comes more often then not from a nay-sayer

18. smkspy

And i never said we shouldn't act like adults. However, healthy mature debate is reasonable I believe, but lets fact it, not everyone here is an adult. Therefore, not everyone will act in the manner one should.

The sooner we accept this fact, the sooner we can just move on and continue talking. Just because someone makes an extremely childish comment (i.e. Michael Bay is raping my childhood) does not mean that you or anyone else who acts like a civilized person must response to it. Its absolutely silly, and the only reason its done is that said responsed can feel morally superior.

Now I'm not the biggest supporter of this movie, but I have never attacked anyone for liking the movie, nor acted childish on here, and neither has anyone ever attacked me for my opinions. And I thank everyone on this board who have been mature enough to respect my opinion.

19. smkspy

I think this comes up in context more than actual use.

20. .WAL.

.WAL. Banned

Nope- not buying it.
    Lets see some quotes and links.

heh... people find it where they want to see it.

It's just another stygma, that's all.

Besides... if it's only been said ONCE by a nay sayer, how can it keep coming from nay-sayers unless it's been said often.

WAL