The Movie Optimus Prime Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Opticris Prime, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I like movie Prime the same way I like Dirty Harry or Bronson movies.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Well to be fair John Wayne is a ruthless SOB albeit Heroic Drunk in all his movies and since Cullen added that John Wayne asthetic to his version of Prime, it only makes since that the movie Prime would be just as John Wayne-y

3. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    Normally I don't read long posts like this but I agree with everything you said radioactive ravage. A very thoughtful analysis and I'm glad you took the time to type it up.

4. Dragaura

Dragaura Active Member

I love movie Optimus. Yes, he was more ruthless in the third film, but he has his reasons. Fighting a war for so long, losing so many friends, being betrayed right and left,
    I understand why he was so brutal when it came time to end the war. I'm sure he'll have a few regrets later, but he had a bigger mission in mind that he had to complete.

5. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    love this guy! :D 

[​IMG]

6. CommanderPrime

CommanderPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    I have grown up with this Optimus. I really only got into Transformers because of the movies, then Branched out. This incarnation it Realistic in design and looks like it could exist. He has a lot of really awsome weapons and is voiced by of course Peter Cullen perfectly and not so monotone as TFP's Optimus. Really, this is my favorite Optimus Prime Design there is.

7. MrSimCity

MrSimCity Member

Been checking out the forums since I watched it last night, seeing what the "fans" think.

This post in particular though, made me register and post, I absolutely loved the "silent treatment" scene. Subtle but great addition to the character that is movie Optimus.

I can't really compare though, I honestly didn't follow Transformers growing up, I just really took a liking to the movies and have been following them since. I even started watching Transformers Prime in anticipation for the movie, and I'm 25 lol. But anyway, great scene this.

8. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    What a fucking maniac? Megatron saved his life, what did he do? He fucking takes Megatron's head off.

9. emilyhall205

emilyhall205 Well-Known Member

I love his character and I definitely think he's one of the characters that really got me into the franchise. He's strong and compassionate towards his soldiers and humans, trusting them completely, despite the fact most humans seem unwilling to return that trust. Yet he's also not afraid to take a stand, and sacrifice if necessary. He fights, not because he wants to, purely to end the war that he fears will consume humanity. Yes, in DOTM he was more violent, but the motivation of freedom was still there, no matter what. I love his character for all these reasons, plus he is the very embodiment of freedom and justice :) 

10. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Yeah, after Megatron threatened him and co-lead an attack that destroyed millions of innocent humans.

I love this Optimus Prime. He's as caring and compassionate as ever, but frankly, I don't really see him as being psychotic. I see him as being the first realistic Leader of the Autobots. His war and struggles are realistic, and frankly, I don't see him as being that violent. Those decepticons are hard to kill. Well, the ones that aren't generics anyways, and it probably takes some effort to put one out. I mean, like Jetfire said, the Decepticons are all for enslaving/destroying the whole universe, and have proven themselves to be destructive sociopaths, and they have to be stopped somehow.

This is my Optimus Prime, he's compassionate and caring, but he gets shit done.

11. XGL Walker

XGL Walker Well-Known Member

Did anyone else feel OP was kind of a cold-hearted motherfucker, i mean, DAMN!, "We´ll kill them all".geezus ok lol.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I could go indepth, but I will keep it nice and short: They completely got his character wrong, in all three movies. Hell, in TF3 he's more like Shattered Glass Optimus, who just happened to side with the humans.

13. Opticris Prime

Opticris Prime Well-Known Member

This times infinity! If it was G1 Prime he would have to think about what to do allowing humanity to suffer even more!

14. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

Among many, that "silent treatment" scene was one of my favorite of Optimus'; not only because is reveals another facet of Prime, but it also afforded the opportunity for more characterization of other 'bots, particularly Ironhide. Only Ironhide would have the brass to march unceremoniously up to a seriously peeved Optimus and smack him like that.

I fancied that I could see that regret almost immediately after he killed Sentinal and Megatron. Its incredibly subtle, but right after he shot Sentinal he almost immediately drops his weapon and ever so slightly steps away from it. For me that movement registered as his nearly instantaneous regret that he was forced to kill his mentor. You can tell, its going to be something that he carries with him for the rest of his life.

I cannot even describe how much I agree with this statement!

15. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I disagree with the psychotic side. He did what he had to do protect the planet. He always stayed true to his core beliefs that "freedom is the right of all sentient beings" and that earth can not pay for the mistakes of the Transformers. IN the cartoons we are not used to him killing other robots, but would he not have killed Megatron had Hot Rod not interfered? If Optimus doesn't take out Sentinel and Megatron the war doesn't end. His "you'll never stop at one" comment in ROTF tells you he's tried to appease Megatron once before and it did not work. There is no middle ground or truce with him. Inspite of having the humans turn their back on the Autobots he still comes back to defend them. He ends it with "we will never forsake this planet." He stays true to his core beliefs but has to do some necessary dirty work along the way.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime is a badass, Him Killing Sentinel was powerful in my book who can see the his anger toward Sentinel, his sadness and the pity he now developed for his former Mentor.

Simply he's great. Only Cullen could have voiced him on the big screen.

17. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

It's the only way to prevent Earth from suffering the same fate as Cybertorn and mankind for paying for their mistakes.

18. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    I honestly don't think any of you guys would be defending Megatron or Sentinel at all if this was happening in real-life.

Megatron just a few years ago tried to take over the world, then gets his buddy Fallen to try to destroy the world, then finds Sentinel and helps him kill everyone in Chicago + destroy earth + enslave everyone that survives. Possibly your family and friends have all been mercilessly killed.. then OP comes in and kills Megatron and Sentinel... Yay?

First thing you do? Complain about how Prime was cold hearted and psychotic. Maybe even call him a murderer. Really now??? He saved the world, avenged all who died and fought for a good cause - show him some respect

19. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ya so far he can't be beat. He killed megatron with 1 arm. He makes for the lack of killing of tfp op.

20. AMG

AMG Old School

My all time favorite Oprimus Prime will always be G1. That said, my favorite movie Autobot is easily Optimus Prime, he's freaking ruthless.