The movie is not G1.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheBeastman, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Wheeljack was not a fighter,dammit! I'm not even sure if he had fought a battle in his life....

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

your going to have to clear the relevancy of that up a bit for me as I don't think that someone has to be a "physical fighter type" to die with dignity and strength if that is what you are referring to.

True strength in the face of death comes from one's inner spirit, not the muscles. As was seen in the past Wheeljack was not weak on the inside like Random Autobot Movie Casulty Inventor 84723. Don't let my take on the situation color your view if you don't want it to. I just hope to give people a little something to think about when you see the negative effects of highly poor name slaps that invariably come along side the awesome ones like Sideswipe and Wheelie.

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Except this is a completely different universe ,so naturally an interpretation of a certain character will be completely different.

Seriously,are some people really having such hard time accepting the changes?

4. XxsnipersnakexX

XxsnipersnakexX the G1 prick

i have no problem with the movie, only the plots.

5. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    yes i believed we already covered this in 2007

moving on...

6. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    When the next new Transformers come out in the future
    what threads would there be?

This movie not Bayverse?

The most important thing is that at the end of the day, its Transformers!! :) 

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He may have just panicked and tried to beg for his and his comrades lifes. He wasn't thinking about "dignity" at the moment

8. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ok, how good was the plot in "Carnage in C-Minor" again? Bottom line, no matter how bad the plots of the movies may have been to some people, there were G1 episodes that were far worse.

9. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What does that have to do with anything? The movies aren't G1.

10. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Really? I thought it was based on Transformers Energon! Scorponok and Blackout totally Powerlinxed in Qatar!

Frenzy was Barricade's minicon! Ravage and Laserbeak were Soundwave's minicons.

To be fair, he was listed in the credits as Wheeljack/Que.

But if you're playing that card, Shockwave was really Shockblast :p 

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if it wasn't for beast wars we wouldn't be here. :lol 

12. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

owned!!!!!!

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Did you not see my last sentence where I said I like the rest to varying degrees or did you just conveniently overlook it? Of course I don't like when the robit who was slapped with the name of one of my fave five autobots gets treatment like that. Human nature.

Like most other reasonable folks I like the bots (save for Que) and dislike the tasteless humor. Too many people make it out like anyone who has one disagreement with something done in the films is some kinda unreasonable lunatic. Whatever shines your shoes I suppose.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If the movies aren't connected to the Transformers past in any sort of way then why bother to even use the names? Has humanity ran out of names so that there are no names left for a heroic robot who transforms into a truck? While my memory is not as good as some other fans I'm pretty sure there are a fair number of Transformers over the years who turned into jets so if you aren't attempting to connect to G1 you don't need the name Starscream.

15. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFT

I don't really even consider it a Transformers movie, they just slapped on that name to cash in on the nostalgia. It wouldn't have made nearly as much money if it had been called Douchebag Morphbots (with flames!) from Mars.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  16. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know, I'd have seen that! :lol 

But what if they had the same script, except the names were different and it was called "Go-Bots?" Would everyone who says "OMG BEST MOVIE EVER!!" be posting threads in the normal movie boards saying "Go-Bots: Dark of the Moon is greenlit, humanity is doomed! Hollywood needs new ideas!" ?

(And I say this as someone who liked the first and third movie.)

17. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    He's my favorite bot ,and I have no problems with him being old in the movie.
    Each universe portrays some characters differently.If he's a wrecker in TFP ,why can't he be an old guy in the movies?

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Ok, let me further clarify things as I am beginning to doubt your even reading what I am posting. The character model, design and voice didn't bother me at all, it was fitting for that universe just fine. I said I, along with many others, didn't like the way they had him die. And to be clear, it doesn't matter what a character is named or even what movie is in, that feeling remains the same. I am not a fan of seeing any characters, in any media die begging. Especially in a scene that hardly made sense anyway, But that's a conversation for another day..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  19. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've said this would be the case a few times since 2007. People in this fanbase are much more forgiving when something has the Transformers brand on it. Hell, there are lots of people who trash the brand itself to make shitty aspects of the movies seem better.

"Transformers are (dumb, childish, an advertisement), so why should the movies be any better?"

"G1 (Cartoon) sucked, so why shouldn't the movies suck?"

"G1 had 'black' robots, so why shouldn't there be bug-eyed gold-toothed blackface robots in the movies?"

Call the movies something else, and most of those people would rip the hell out of them.

20. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Okay,got it now. I didn't find his death scene bad but okay .You have your opinion and I have mine's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.