The movie+G1

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by t_p_us, Jun 28, 2009.

1. t_p_us

t_p_us Well-Known Member

Anyone here have any ideas why they didn't include more Autobots in the movie? They had so many Decepticons, albiet "clones", but if this is the second of the franchise, why not include some of the others? There was a part (SPOILER!!) where Ironhide said "I can smell them". Would that have been a good part for Hound?

Sideswipe? Did he even have any lines in the movie? What about Brawn, or even gears?

The end would have been so much better, IN MY OPINION, if they would have included some more of the Autobots. . . .

2. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sideswipe had 2 lines :p 

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Costs and production time. Takes a while to draw up concept art, have Hasbro approve it for toys, make a fully useable 3d model, instert it into the scenes and have the computer render it.

I agree that it would be good if we had seen more background Autobots..but let's face it: most of them were already in that function right now (Jolt is pretty much unnoticable during the movie..he's there, but he doesn't get much attention)..so I'd say it would be a waste anyway.

4. t_p_us

t_p_us Well-Known Member

I understand that it probably is a cost thing, but if you're going to do a movie about Transformers, maybe it should be about Transformers and not so much the humans . . .Geez, I think I'm starting to sound like Megatron . . .

But I guess that's just what it is? The impact of robotic aliens on Earth? Seen from the eyes of a human?

Or maybe it's just to hard to sum up the Transformers cartoons in 3 or so movies?

5. turbovf1s

turbovf1s Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeah the movies title was 'transformers : revenge of the fallen' not 'humans: revenge of the nixon'

the whole alice subplot was pointless...don't get me wrong...hot girl/evil eyes=have my baby...but shoulda used barricade there instead with a new sidekick like say ratbat? that would upped the bot count. could had smaller autobots filling the background too! but no....just a bunch of 'cons...grrr and whiny latino's with one man! against the odds!!

6. Digilaut

News Credits:
    CGI is expensive as hell, don't forget about that. A Transformers cartoon is much more feasible to introduce lots of characters since there is no difference in drawing a human or a Transformer..but alas, this is live action.

As much as many people want to hate it, with our current technology you can't make a live action Transformers movie and not use regular actors to fill in alot of the gaps between fights. Maybe in the future when these kind of things will be cheaper and easier to do, then we will change.

And you are correct that the live action movies are from the human perspective. Keep in mind that this is a movie that has to draw in the masses, who are not familiar with Transformers, so they experience the movie from Sam's perspective.

Luckily for 'us', since people liked the robot characters, there was more screentime for them as well in the second movie (thanks partially to a much bigger budget, too!). :) 

7. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sideswipe had 4 lines.

8. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Well, I'm blown away.

9. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

They had enough Autobots already. It's just that most of them were in the background doing nothing. What they needed were more Decepticons to avoid the whole clone thing.

10. t_p_us

t_p_us Well-Known Member

It just kinda bugged me because at the end of the first movie, Optimus was calling out to all of the rest of the Autobots. Now, unless they're going to be in the third and have this all out battle with the Decepticons to end the franchise, I'm disappointed. I would have really loved to have seen Sideswipe and Sunstreaker as the twins. As appose to those God awful Skids and Mudflap.

Btw, anyone here know what happened to Bumblebees voice in ROTF?

Did I miss something?

11. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Correction: He had 4 lines.

"Clear a path"
    "Damn, I'm good"
    "Fall back!"
    "I see Sam! Sam over here!"

That's all of them :p 

12. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Supposedly it wasn't fully fixed yet. He just got lucky at the end of movie 1 for a moment.

There was a scene in ROTF where Bumblebee is in the garage with Sam, and using the radio he asks: *what* *is* *your* *purpose* SAM?..clearly saying Sam with his own troubled voice, really trying hard.

Unfortunately this part was cut from the movie, and Sam just walks out after Bumblebee cries.

If you want to keep the comics as canon, then Bumblebee got his voice back, only to have Starscream damage it again in a fight.

13. t_p_us

t_p_us Well-Known Member

Ah . . .

Well never the less, the kid in my "liked" it. The adult in me, thought that it could have been better. Then again, I guess everyone is a critic? Hence TFW2005's forum . . .