The most threateningmovie plot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideways77, Dec 3, 2011.

?

Most threatening plot?

1. Turning Earth's technology into Decepticons.

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. Destroying the sun

48 vote(s)
    69.6%
  3. Transporting Chicago for Human slaves to repair.

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    All three movies had some pretty good plots. But which is the most threatening?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'threatening'.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM felt the most hopeless.

ROTF could have been threatening, but it almost seemed like it was trying too hard and eventually just fell flat.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I mean which would be the most dangerous to the Human race.

Also, I mean Cybertron, not Chicago.

5. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

I think ROTF was the most threatening. If they blew up the sun, Earth would be uninhabitable or completely destroyed.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Ah, okay - that's better. I vote DOTM. Sentinel actually got his plan in motion - Cybertron was already visible in the Earth's sky. The Fallen never even got to activate the Sun Harvester.

It would've been much worse than that. If they blew up the sun, the ensuing explosion would've been big enough to consume and incinerate Earth.

7. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Apperently you missed the part where he inserted the matrix into the machine

8. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    But the thing never fired.

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

The Movie 1 was decently original and not bad, but nothing too spectacular. ROTF's was too generic bad guy "imma shoot ur sun lol". DOTM's had the most worldwide attention, definitely hit home with the Chicago invasion/genocide. So it was probably the most "threatening".

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'll say Revenge of the Fallen because it's the treat that was far too big for the bad guys to ever have a shot in hell of pulling it off.

If Megatron had gotten hold of the All Spark yes that would be bad but Prime and the Autobots would still have a chance to recover it. We aren't even sure if Megatron could really control the bots made by the All Spark so it's possible he could have been attacked by the very robots he wanted to use as an army.

With Dark of the Moon there was always some chance at the Autobots freeing the human slaves or the human characters launch some sort of slave rebellion.

With no Sun though that's it. There would quickly be no life left on Earth without the Sun so it would be hard for the heroes to ever come back from that.

11. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I wouldn't really call that a bad thing (for the human race, that is).

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Destroying the Sun for sure.

13. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    DOTM posed no deadly threat( unless sending humans to cybertron as slaves backfired on the cons because it turns out we can't breathe their air).

It's almost a tie between rotf and tftm. If megatron got the allspark, he would have his army kill us all (you know, because 2007 decepticons were very trigger happy). But some of us would've survived and probably start a resistance( terminator style). but If the rotf plot carried out, we'd be done. screwed. dead. F**ked. No sun = no life.

14. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

Do they not teach basic gravity in schools anymore? :confused: :confused:  Does anybody here other than me know what pulling another planetary body into a solar system would do to orbits of the existing planets in the system? Let alone the fact that The Moon, Earth and Cybertron would have crashed together.:confused:  (Yes, I know in the G1 episode they did at least show the earth being torn apart, thank goodness. That being said, the damage to orbits of the inner planets, at the very least, would have been disturbed sending them out of the solar system. And the moon would still have crashed into earth eventually.)

I don't care what laws of physics travel though a worm hole can bend, that I accept, but when the item emerges on the other side the good old fashioned laws of gravity kick back in, no matter what Sentinel Prime babbles about. Hell the Allspark in Sam said he was wrong anyway. :p 

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  15. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

Losing the Sun would have been worse.

AND it was a likely chance that the Earth and the Moon would have just become satellites to Cybertron, cant have slaves with a crashed planet. Giant Robots know this.

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Yes to statement one, I was just addressing Dotm with my rant, which I can see is not over yet.

That whole mess of extra mass would probably slowly bring the asteroid belt down on Cybertron. As well as send Mars and Venus out of the solar system. (not totally sure about Mercury.) Never mind the tidal forces of that kind of gravity pulling on Earth (playing a moon) in an orbit in that close of a proximity would probably pull some of the more fragile techtonic plates apart (Io anybody.) The gravitational balance of the outer planets of the solar system may not likely be as badly effected, but they would be eventually, just takes longer. From the Asteroid belt in it would bring untold havoc. Not to say these events would happen in an instant, the damage would take time, but the end result is the same, every living thing on Earth dies. Boring really.

Giant robots would also know it would just be so much easier to claim any one of the other planets or large moons in this solar system for bases and to just stay away from the psychotic humans at all costs... You would have hoped anyway.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ROTF.

Because if the sun was destroyed all life as we know it ceases to be.

18. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

I thought they only wanted to suck it dry of energy, not blow it up.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Nobody wants Sun all over their face.

20. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

I'll say the first mainly because if the Decepticons suceeded in ROTF or DOTM we wouldn't be around long enough to feel any pain (what with both resulting in Earth going kablam! we would all be dead pretty quick). However if every piece of technology became self aware AND Decepticon, then it would result in some freaky ass Terminator/ Matrix sceneraio where a lot of humans would probably still be around but as pets/ slaves to the new robot overlords. Which threatens me a hell of a lot more than just getting killed right of the bat.