The most shocking or the saddest Transformers Death (OR BOTH) (G1-TFA and RB only)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dropkick, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    What was the saddest or the most shocking Transformers death in TF lore?

In your opinion of course.

HEAVY SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE FOLLOWING CONTINUITIES:

Generation 1
    Generation 2 (although who cares?)
    Robots In Disguise
    Headmasters
    Go-bots (Unfortunately)
    Victory
    Masterforce
    Armada
    Energon (why?)
    Cybertron
    Rescue Bots
    Animated

With that out of the way.

In my opinion the saddest death for me is the death of Starscream in Armada.
    He had a great arc, and an amazing character development the whole run of the show. I say this death because it was the first that came to mind, and it was the one I first remember watching. Besides Optimus of course, but that's a different story.

The most shocking death for me is the death of S..... wait thats a spoiler for MTMTE whoops.
    So i have to go with another option. I guess Prowl from Animated. His arc was closing and I expected his story to go on, but I guess it's fitting in the end that he died.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Prowl (Animated)
    Dinobot (Beast Wars)
    Skids (MTMTE)
    Dreadlock (Prime) it wasn't das but it was pretty shocking.
    Depth Charge (Beast Wars)

3. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

My most shocking or saddest Transformers deaths are as follows:

5.) Armada-Starscream: I didn't expect this one, but Starscream in the series went out with a b@d@$$ ending to say the least. He had the guts to take on effing UNICRON, and after a battle with Galvatron no less, while suffering a stab wound to his chest! If that was not a way to go, I don't know what is.
    4.) and 3.) Beast Wars-Depth Charge and Dinobot: This one is a tie, no doubt about it. Depth Charge was a shocking death to see, but I vaguely recall it. At least he took out his rival with him regardless. That was a true soldier to the end. And Dinobot I remember a little bit better, but not by much. He went out in a warrior's death to say the least, giving up his very life to drive back the Predacons and save the human race before it began.
    2.) Animated-Prowl: Now Prowl's death was one I sort of expected, mainly when Jazz said they could find another way. It was actually more fitting for him than expected. A simpler way to go instead of a blaze of glory.
    1.) Cybertron-Vector Prime: Vector Prime...Oh man. Where can I begin with this one? Vector could have gone out the way of Armada Starscream, Depth Charge, or Dinobot, but no. He went out in a simple manner like Animated Prowl. But what made this death especially hard was that even though he lives outside of time, his physical body is gone, and he can never return to see his friends. Every time I see his death, whether on a rewatch or a clip on YouTube, it STILL makes me tear up, every single dang time! This I my number one Transformers death to me, and for very good reason no less.

4. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

I was pretty shocked the first time I saw Bumblebee slay Megatron in TFP. I was completely caught off guard when he thrust the Star Saber through Megatron's chest. The scene of his eyes going dark, his dead body sliding back off the sword's blade before plummetting to Earth was something else.

That whole Megatron death scene is probably only second to his one in Dark of The Moon.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  5. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Most shocking: Prowl (G1 and Animated) you really didn't think characters would die in these series, but when Prowl died with smoke pouring from his throat, and his sacrifice at the end of Animated - those shows took on completely different tones.

Saddest: Dinobot - Seriously, that was one hell of a last stand, and a damn good speech at the end. A death done perfectly.

Shockwave (IDW) It's a weird choice, but IDW gave Shockwave a tragic backstory, an idealistic senator warped into a cold, logical monster by his political enemies. He was an ominous force, one hell of a threat, and he still fought against the Shadowplay. He begged for his death at the end, that it was a mercy. You couldn't help but feel pity.

6. Large

Large Currently confused TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  7. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

I've got to go with the shuttle attack from TF:TM.

8. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

For me it will always be the deaths of Prowl, Brawn, Ratchet and Ironhide. Simply put the movie took it to a new level and it was so sad to see them go down like that

9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    "Did... Kuuu... I do... Good...?"

• Like Like x 2
  10. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The guy that taught Megatron everything he knows TFW2005 Supporter

Scorponok from Marvel G1?
    The saddest death to me was Scrounge from the marvel comic.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

G1 Brawn: Gets killed early and way too easy after rushing towards the Cons, by Megatron in gun mode.
    G1 Prowl: He nearly shot Starscream in the face. Scavenger shot Prowl in the chest, melting his innards. Fire erupts from his mouth and chest as he falls on the floor.
    G1 Ratchet: No chance, he succumbed to his wounds after getting shot numerous times in the chest
    G1 Ironhide: The old timer didn't stand a chance against the power hungry Decepticons, he falls on the floor after getting shot numerous times in the chest. However, he was still determined to kill the enemy by any means necessary. He crawled to Megatron, in vain to keep the fight going, and in result he gets executed by Megatron in point blank range
    G1 Optimus Prime: Optimus confronted Megatron into what happened to be their final battle, and Optimus was gonna stop Megatron even if it costs him his own life. They bought fought till the very end. Optimus gets the upper hand, ready to shoot Megatron and we all know what happens next.

12. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

IDW Trailbreaker
    IDW Pipes
    Movie Que
    Movie Ratchet

• Like Like x 1
  13. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

G1 Starscream. He finally got to realise his dreams and he gets shot. Comeon...He cheated, he backstabed, he got rediculled, he got beat (if he was organic he would have even done sex favors I am certain) for millions of years. He achieves finally his dream and he gets killed in his own galla....sad panda is sad.

14. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

The cartoon movie deaths are still the most shocking to me. I was invested in the characters and...even more shockingly...most of them stayed dead!

15. AMG

AMG Old School

The most shocking goes to the shuttle crew and Optimus Prime in the 1986 movie.

16. godaiking

godaiking Well-Known Member

Easily the 1986 movie deaths, with Optimus dying affecting a then 11 year old me the most.

17. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

BW Dinobot - The most meaningful death, bar none. A warrior who vowed to make up for his sins, sacrificing himself to save an entire timeline. Optimus' speech and his funeral make it even sadder.
    Animated Prowl - This one came out of nowhere, so it was shocking as all hell.
    Armada Starscream - Armada wasn't a good show. However, Starscream was a fantastic character, easily both my favorite incarnation of the character and the highlight of Armada. Like Dinobot, he sacrificed himself to save an entire universe.

18. pilot00

Not my favourite itteration, since it deviated heavily from the norm in a way thats not befiting the name he bore, but a great character with a great ending nontheless.

19. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

I liked him because he wasn't the traditional cowardly backstabbing whiner.

20. pilot00

Too superficial a characterisation, but I can understand your feelings.