The Most Impact With The Least Recognition

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Now that the movie trilogy is finished (with more to come ;) ), let's have another poll to go with the favourite charcter one created by SPLIT LIP.

In your opinion, who had the most impact in the trilogy, but got the least recognition for it? It can be in one movie or in the entire trilogy but please state why and what exactly they did that had such an impact.

I will start with a truly glorious Transformer, who pretty much saved the Earth from being blown up or whatever by the Solar Harvester. Yes, you know who.

THE ETERNAL GLORY OF JETFIRE!

Not only did this powerful and wise (I'm being paid here bare with me ;) ) ex-Decepticon sacrifice himself to aide Optimus Prime in defeating the Fallen and Megatron; he also informed our human heroes (and the audience) of exactly what the hell was going on. If Jetfire hadn't done this the whole final battle wouldn't have taken place, Optimus would still be in statis and the sun would have blown up. And if he didn't sacrifice himself no one would have defeated the Fallen and there goes Earth. He deserves an award just like Han and Luke recieved at the end of A New Hope. But instead what did he get?

Nothing! But he did so with honor! Dignity, damn it!

Please remember to vote and post, let's have some fun here appreciating our unappreciated heroes!

EDIT: Damn, I forgot a poll. However, this may work better. I will tally the bots posted by you and put an ongoing list in this first post.

2. fisch

fisch In a room...WITH A MOOSE!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wheelie, and to a lesser extent, Brains. If it wasnt for them the Autobots wouldnt know about Jetfire. Accrdingly, Bumblebee and the rest of the "major characters" would all have been assassinated by Soundwave and his crew if the 2 of them did not bring down the Decepticon Ship in DOTM causing a diversion for BB.

And yes, I think they are both alive and will return in a minor role in T4: "WHAT! Get SOME!!

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In b4 someone says 'Jolt'.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Jolt :p 

Jetfire may have been the one to sacrifice himself, but Jolt was the one who made sure his flight-capable corpse didn't go to waste and gave Optimus the power he needed to make mincemeat of the Fallen. With lightning! :D 

5. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Wheelie. That is one cool little dude!

6. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Jolt saved the planet! If he didnt put all of Jetfire's parts on Optimus, Optimus would've been too weak and would've never destroyed the sun harvester or the Fallen.

7. r6680jc

r6680jc Well-Known Member

Fixed.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Que was directly responsible for the device that killed Starscream and presumably for equipping NEST forces and the Autobots with much of their new arsenal.

And he never get's any recognition other than "WHY NOT CALL WHEELJACK".

9. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Mikaela. If it wasn't for her capturing Wheelie and training him there would've been no Jetfire, no resurrection of prime, and no more sun and humans. Maybe just because I love Megan Fox:drool: 

10. r6680jc

r6680jc Well-Known Member

Captain Archibald Witwicky.
    I'm sure all of you know why.

11. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I agree with Jetfire.

There should have been a scene added with Optimus reflecting on Jetfire - a former Decepticon that saved his life.

12. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The scene in RoTF where Optimus basically shrugs off Jetfire's leftover parts still pisses me off. He really didn't get the spotlight he deserved.

13. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Ratchet for telling Jolt to Electrify jetfires pieces. because apparently Jolt wasnt smart enough to do this on his own

14. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheelie & Brains. If it wasn't for them sabotaging the Decepticon 'mother ship' and causing it to fall apart, Bumblebee's head would have been blown off by Soundwave, every other captured Autobot would have been executed, the Decepticons would have gotten the upper hand, Cybertron would have been successfully teleported, and all of humanity would have become enslaved. Somewhere in there Prime likely would have been killed too seeing as how all the other Autobots would have been massacred.

So yeah, well done Wheelie & Brains! :) 

15. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Jetfire

16. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I say Uncle Bobby B. because he sold Bumblebee to Sam in the first place. And he was awesome. (R.I.P. Bernie Mac)

17. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The parts were damaged, plus he didn't need them anymore.

18. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Driller as he/it doesn't really have a name.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Jetfire, Wheelie, Brains and Sentinel Prime (Well for something positive.)

20. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Autovolt has something of a point about Sentinel, people often remember him as a jerk only, forgetting that he was actually a Well-Intentioned Extremist in his ways. He is always remembered as a villain, but you will rarely see anyone remembering how he had good reasons for what he did.

As for me, I'll say Jetfire [IN HIS ETERNAL GLORY], one of the best TF characters in recent years, Scalpel too [VE MUZT HAFF ZE BRAIN ON ZE TABLE, CHOP-CHOP!], come on, he's a Nazi Decepticon Doctor [I'm susprised by how no one had that idea earlier, it's just brillant] and one of the very few 'Con doctors [there's only Knockout and Flatline besides him] in the TF franchise.

In a lesser extent, there's also Shockwave. He gave heroes one hell of a tough ride in Chicago [he forced all Autobots to retreat by simply appearing on the battlefield, name me another character who did that in the movies], but he's often remembered as only a random canon fodder.