The most effective Prime/Convoy in strategy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AutobotMarine, May 6, 2008.

1. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    After reading the thread about Animated Megatron and his other incarnations in comparison, which version of Prime did you think was the most powerful and effective in the battlefield and in strategic motives? I would say between, G1 Prime, Energon Prime, and Cybertron Prime.

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Powermaster Optimus Prime, the dude has a lot of guns, big guns.

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Optimus Primal. He used unorthodox solutions to his problems. "Sometimes crazy works."

4. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Which is it? Power or Strategy? They're not exactly the same thing.

For Power I'd have to go with one of the Prime's with a Super Mode, Maybe Omega Prime/ God Fire Convoy?

For Strategy I'd have to go with either Primal or Animated Optimus.
    They're both great at finding the strengths of their troops and using them to the best advantages.

There are too many variations on G1 Optimus's character for me to really narrow him down.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Aye, to me, strategy and resourcefulness (sp?) make a better Prime. It's not what kind of troops or weapons you have or how many, it's how you utilize them to their full potential and make effective use of what you have in battle.

And as far as that is considered, I will go with BW Primal. He was smart.

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    If we go the opposite route. Then I think the worst "Prime" would have to be any of the Sentinel Primes.

Animated Sentinel is just a distrustful Dick. While the G1 versions all died in battle*,
    and they didn't even come back to life after the fact. How great is a Prime if he can't be resurrected?

*As far as I've read in the IDW stuff I'm not too sure of Sentinel's fate, but he *slight spoilers* still had his bearings handed to him by Megatron.

7. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

i don't know if it's really a fair question to ask.
    theres a direct correlation between how well a piece of transformers fiction is written and how well you can judge a characters abstract strengths such as strategic prowess.

that leads me to BW Primal.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Generation 1 Prime 100% as nobody can even come close!

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Primal was easily the most strategic of the Optimuses. The rest are more inclined to run in, guns blazing, and just blast the crap out of stuff.

Power-wise I'd vote for RiD Optimus. The Omega Prime combination was insanely powerful, probably far more so than any other supermode (except maybe Energon Prime and Omega Supreme, but that one got unnaturally boosted to fight Unicron).

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think pretty much all Optimuses have had some embarrassing moments where their strategy outright sucked, but Optimus Primal probably had the best strategies overall. Primal only had, like, 5 troops? Of minimal firepower. The way he communicated with his team mates was superb, and he had a bunch of victories too.

My vote for least effective Prime is Movie Prime. My God, man, that guy sucked. [Joker]Where do we...begin?[/Joker]

Sam is doing his best to look for the glasses, and what does Prime do? He keeps urging Sam to hurry. "Please hurry." "We must find the glasses." I'm sure Sam was going as fast as he could, and any amount of urging wasn't going to speed him up. He also crushed the bird bath. His bad.

I still don't understand why Prime kicked Sam and Mikaela when they were falling from the bridge.

Why did Optimus run around in robot mode while evading the S7 helicopters? Wouldn't it be a better use of disguise to drive around in truck mode? I mean, S7 was probably aware to look for the truck, but at least a speeding truck is much less visible than a giant robot.

"Let them leave." Totally baffling that he didn't put up more of a fight to help Bumblebee.

"Today we lost an old friend...AND GAINED NEW ONES!" He pretty much wrote off Jazz's death in the same breath as the one asserting Sam is his buddy.

And worst of all..."Put the cube into my chest." What kind of military leader begins the battle with the goal of committing suicide? Shouldn't his #1 goal be, "Ratchet, Jazz, Ironhide, listen up. We're going to get the Cube from Bumblebee, and we're going to work together to shove it into Megatron's chest. Heh." I think we're all pretty convinced Megs is going to come back to life at some point, probably powered by the Cube, but Prime had no way of knowing that.

Things only get worse when Megatron is whaling on Prime and Prime insists that Sam put the cube into his chest. If Sam did what Prime wanted and Prime got killed...what did he think was going to happen next? The battle would still continue, minus the Autobots' strongest fighter, and Megatron would surely squish Sam into fruit paste.

(Yes, this post was made in half-jest. Half in that I'm trying to make this funny and not offensive, but I actually do think Movie Prime's strategies sucked)

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Pfft. But it's the truth. The movie blew, and Prime right along with it (IMHO opinion of course, if you feel differently, I don't begrudge you your opinion) Anyway, back on topic:

The most effective is also the one I'd label the most powerful, Vector Prime. There are a bunch of him, he controls time and space, and stopped Unicron, Unicrons Heralds, The Fallen, and countless other baddies across the multiverse countless times. He also keeps the anime overpowered Cybertron Megatron in check, and has kept the structure of creation intact by holding things together when BW Megs killed Prime, and undid the death of the slightly less annoying kids in Cybertron. That's a lot of power, and that's a lot of victories, something no other Prime comes even close to being able to compare with.

Second place goes to Black Big Convoy I think, for defeating the Blendtron Invasion singlehandedly.

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Hey movie Prime does one of the greatest moves ever... he trips Megatron! I died laughing like Optimus just tripped him!

Best Prime on the battlefield? G1. He's a friggin one machine army. When he's not holding back, he takes out whole battalions. All those supermode Primes suck@$$. What happens when they can't go supermode? Not to mention, most of them go Supermode to fight ONE enemy. You gotta powerup to fight one bot? You suck. G1 Op did it with "a little energon and a lotta luck."

Primal and Animated Prime are more strategic, but they didn't seem to have the battle instinct that G1 Ops had. For my battlefield Commander, I want the person who kicks the most @$$. And that's G1.

13. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

G1 cartoon Optimus Prime approved the worst plans.

"What's that Hound? Let Ravage escape in the most obvious way possible with the location of a secret Rocket base which will actually be just a holographic projection and we'll dress up in gigantic lab coats and pretend to be base personnel? Sounds like a plan!"

14. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I was tempted to say G1 Prime is the most effective one due to his supreme badassitude in TFTM...

Then I remembered all other appearances. Like having to win a race against a clone in order to "prove" he was the real Prime, and getting his own allies' names pronounced wrong. The same Prime that allowed Megatron to swindle him in "Heavy Metal War." The same Prime that allowed Megatron to swindle the entire planet into sending the Autobots into the Sun.

Also for honorable mention is G2 comic book Prime. He pretty much had the right plan all along, never wavered from it, always right. He managed to make Jhiaxus basically lose it. He managed to unite the Autobots with the Decepticons (again).

...and for (dis)honorable mention, we have G1 comic book Prime. I still can't get over his dumb suicide over those NPC's...

15. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Total truth! I raised my eyebrow when Prime wanted to commit suicide without making up a formidable strategy, Movie Prime is a oaf. Secondly, why in the hell did they attack in a city with millions of civilians rather than ambushing the Decepticons in the desert? Prime kinda cleared the slate for Jazz easily, he didn't even give him an honorable mermorial.... WHERE THE HELL DID THEY BURY HIM? The thing I really hate is the "cram the cube into my chest!" idea, that was retarded. Even if Sam did what Prime asked, the battle would continue, and the other Autobots would have eventually been killed and the Decepticons would have WON anyway! The only thing that was effective is when he defeated Bonecrusher, and that was ALL. And even there he was clumsy. But overall, Movie Prime has the clumsy touch of embarrasment, and the lacks of good skills and smarts that the Primes that came before him had.

Totally... G1 Prime rocks, though RID, A/E/C Prime wern't that bad. Strategically wise, Energon and Cybertron Prime were highly effective on the battlefield... especially Fattimus, even though he was pushy. As compared to Movie Prime, EVERY Prime with a supermode, are utterly a million times superior to Movie Prime. But who cares about them powering up just to fight one enemy, atleast their tactics and strategies are sucessful and effective.