The most disappointing figure of 2010

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thenames9, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't get the hate for Mindwipe, Seaspray, or Bludgeon/Banzaitron. Those are all some of my favorite figures from this year. I love playing with my Seapsray and Bludgeon.

I'll restate PCC Double Clutch and add HFTD Sidearm Sideswipe. The flames aren't a problem, it's just the overall look of the figure does nothing for me. I like the fact that he has actual feet, but that's about it. I much prefer the first Sideswipe mold over it.

2. Vorahk

Vorahk Well-Known Member

Worst figure for 2010? Easy thats any other Ravage figures after they released the first one from the movie. All other ravages are the worst figures of 2010. They are the reason that i'm not getting new figures in town cause they have pegs full of sea attack ravage or the mail away ravage that canada got in toys r us.

3. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Generations Thunderwing would have to be my most dissapointing toy of 2010. Nice, large jet from the top, hitchiking robot underneath. Teeny tiny robot and useless detachable drone.

I had such high hopes for Thunderwing when I heard he was being released, but the execution is terrible. Should have held out a little longer and released him as a voyager under the Transformers HFTD/RTS line.

4. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Wait...people didn't like HFTD Seaspray? Wow. :lol  I mean...wow. Had I not gotten a change of heart for that toy, I would have said "HFTD SEASPRAY TIMES A MILLION!" But I ended up buying him, and now he stands proudly in my Classics collection.

As far as worst TF toy of 2010 goes...

ROTF Bludgeon. How could I not like a tank that turned into a skeletal samurai robot? Well...I found a way. His tank barrel that becomes a sword is an indicator (a weak, feeble one at best). Had him for about half a year, maybe more, but the plastic sword is warped all to hell now. I might have seen him fitting in with the Classics Decepticons back then, but I can't see him now. No offense...but had Bludgeon been released under the Classics line and with a few alterations to get rid of some of the movie aesthetics, I could have kept him.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's because retailers have been so horrible at stocking waves lately that some people could not find some of the 2009 releases until 2010. I know there are still some 2010 figures that haven't hit places yet because retailers where holding out hope that the holidays would clear off all the shelf warmers.

6. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The most disappointing figure of 2010 for me is Masterpiece Grimlock. Granted, it's in no way a bad figure, and is actually excellent. However for its price, I was disappointed with the loose joints, some of them which are somewhat unfix-able, such as the dino-arms. Also, he does not do quite as much for a figure that expensive.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic figure, but there were many purchases I got this year which were far cheaper and do so much more...So yeah, a great figure, but disappointing nonetheless.

7. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

Thanks for saving me the typing =)

8. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Tough question for me. I had a list last year around this time (something I'll remember when TF3 toys start rolling out), so I really limited my TF purchases this year. My least favorite TF purchase would be Bludgeon, but I wasn't all that hyped for him to be all that disappointed, so my vote goes to Gen Blurr. Only because I only saw three in stores and the paint apps blew on each.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

There are two figures that come to mind for me.

The 2nd most disappointing would be the PCC 5 packs. I got two on Black Friday for $10 each at Target and when I got home and opened them up I really regreted buying them. So much so, I actually returned them and got my money back.

The most disappointing for me was WFC bumblebee. While he looks great in both modes, getting him in between is a little of a horrific nightmare. Never have I actually put down a TF in my life and said " F that, it's staying in robot mode". I can honestly say I hate transforming it. I was highly anticipating him because of his look, however his execution was a huge let down.

10. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

ditto...my close seconds would b WFC prime and CHUG thunderwing for being overly to small...

11. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

agreed

12. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

My vote is ROTF Bludgeon. Had him for two days then returned him. Crap toy.

13. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thunderwing for his size alone! What were they thinking?

14. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    With WFC Bumblebee they had a very good BB design to work from, but on the toy they butchered the proportions to the extent where, as many have pointed out, he has pretty much the same silhouette as Dr. Robotnik. Oh, and his transformation to vehicle mode SUCKS.

Animated Rodimus was a disappointment because of terrible, terrible QC. I never found one that wasn't floppy as hell and it has plenty to do with the sheer profusion of joints he has in his shoulders (the hips aren't great either). To make matters worse, even with the joints tightened up he's not well-balanced at all. This is a toy that really SHOULD be incredible because it doesn't cheap out on any articulation, but it's a lot of little things that kill it for me.

15. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I personally love WFC Bee. Looks great, and I love the transformation to vehicle mode and I do it under 3 minutes :) 

16. MrByatis

MrByatis Questioning Rumble

News Credits:
    Bludgeon came out December of last year

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    ^ Bludgeon was sold as part of the NEST Global Alliance subline, which took place predominantly in 2010, hence why he says Bludgeon.

I agree, Bludgeon's not that great as everyone was really freaking out about him before his release. His legs get cluttered form that leg tank kibble, his back sheath thing is too restricting on his arm, and it's a pain in the butt to keep his torso from sliding out willy nilly. Sure, a great design, but it was crap trying to get him in toy form. I'd like to see him in DOTM for the heck of it.

18. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

*sigh* I've said this before and I'll say it again: Drift isn't a ninja. He's a samurai. It says so right on his doors.

Also, I really can't understand why so many people are saying Seaspray - that toy is absolute awesomeness.

For me, WFC Bumblebee is my biggest disappointment. A pain to transform and a bit lanky. But I still like him fine enough so I guess its been a really good year.

19. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:

What?! MP Grimlock!? Whoa, we are a tough group to please. LOL.

20. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I would say Axor, but seeing as I bought him on a whim and wasnt really looking forward to it, he doesnt count...

Ummmm... Animated Voyager Blackout. I like still him, but is missing some vital articulation in some places. Same goes for Leader Starscream.