The most disappointing figure of 2010

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Thenames9, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I mean, the figure that you were excited about through leaked images, but when finally opened up you were disappointed. Mine is probably Samurai Prowl, but he's still a good toy

2. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um....ROTF Arcee combined mode....I mean c'mon:

[​IMG]

3. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

im going to have to agree with you on this one man. I bought a Elita-One. Transformered it once and then backed over it with my Truck.

4. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seaspray was pretty disappointing to me. Or PCC.

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    If part of the issue was loose joints, it seems to be fairly common, and is easily enough fixed with a bit of gloss cote on the ball joints.

Reviews, both video and photographic, are so numerous now that there are few major surprises...

...but DX Ratchet is kind of frustrating, they made some improvement on robot mode accuracy, but made significant sacrifices on the alt mode, and with some kibble to boot.

Ah, after being quite pleasantly surprised by Arcee last year (yes it has a few flaws) i bought Chromia. Horrible toy.

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    The joints on my Prowl are stiff, but something just isn't right, great for display. I loved the first Animated Prowl though...

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I would say....pcc 5 combiner set...I do have grimstone and crankcase, but the rest are ugh...

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Booberry Fallen

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'll vote for Seaspray also.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

ROTF Mindwipe. I dunno why, but I don't think he's as good as Bludgeon as some people say. His design is great, but the wings in robot mode constantly block articulation, I HATE his dagger gimmick (the best I can do with them is some kind of backstabbing pose), and his leg design also bothers me. Maybe I'd like him better if I had Skystalker, but as it is Mindwipe is very low on my list of favorite figures of this year.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Double clutch and the rally bots

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    AT TE / Captain Rex is the Transformers toy I've bought in the last year that Disapointed me most.

13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Bludgeon, and Seaspray. Neither figure was as good as people cracked them up to be.

14. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I had a wobbly leg on my Banzai-tron and his joints are not very well designed his backpack does not quite work as well as it might have only plugging together properly when his snort sword is not present.
    His arms look a bit wimpy to - but this can be compensated for by draping the tracks over them.

I still like the mould but I can't say it's a favorite of mine. it's a little iffy in some of the engineering - like the way things don't clear each other properly during transformation requiring to much fiddling and the sword scratches its paint if you put it in right side up - but not if you put it in upside down oddly.
    Not to mention his hands are to tight too. or that he's no bigger than Marvel Crossovers Venom or Carnage but costs nearly twice as much.

His joints are also very loose at the knee in terms of rotation. and his feet are to stiff.
    So not horribe and he looks great as a tank but not the top of my list for brilliance either.

--Seaspray is similar - bit lame looking as a vehicle (but looks better with breacher on-board) and he could have done with a double hinged loading ramp that actually reaches the ground.
    I like his "Swimming" mode - if only as it's a bit of fun - and I think I'll probably get more fun out of the decepticon repaint as I'll be able to team it up with Galaxy Force Chromia, Micron Legend Shockwave (Tidal Wave) and Botcon Banzai-Tron (or Energon Dreadwing) to make a little crew of Decepticon Boats.
    But that said he's got the same blocking problem with the Transformation with issues of some parts being so tight you worry they will fracture (his shoulder covers) and other parts so loose they flop about (his elbows).

He's also a bit wimpy looking but - I like the Diver look he has and even if he is a bit Tonka 123 looking he's still fun. just again he's not something like Universe Inferno that I know I'll be coming back to for years to come and what play value he has comes from the loading and unloading of his vehicle mode. or that he is an Autobot boat and there's not a great many of them.

I think the Japanese one is a nicer color too. - perhaps he might make an interesting repaint someday perhaps as an earth mode of one of the Pretender or Action Master characters ?
    I'm not a huge fan of any of the last few Voyagers if i'm honest. (Payload might be OK - I can't say though as I've not found one yet with acceptable paint yet).

I found may of the ROTF Voyager to fiddly or to small. or otherwise not so great.

15. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

+1. I wanted to like him, but just couldn't do it.

16. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Animated Rodimus is just too finicky for my liking. He's just not as good as the hype made him sound.

17. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Man, lotta crazy people in this thread. :( 
    Seaspray and Mindwipe own.

For me, definitely Double Clutch and the Rallybots. I WANT to like them really badly, they're just super-defective and it's a damn shame.

18. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Perfect Effect Shadow Warrior & Gen Straxus (Darkmount)

PE SW: Cost vs Size & poor QC. Made me wish I skipped them.

DM: To "movie" for my taste, but just "Classics" enough in make my Classics Deluxe class OCD kick in.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  19. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hailstorm. :( 

20. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Drift.

Great car, but bot mode is kinda clunky for a ninja...

Lots of joints but the kibble is unbearable.