The Mlitary

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by monosierra, Jul 5, 2009.

1. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

Now, as we know, one big reason why the Bayster is key to the TF franchise is his close ties to the US military. They've loaned jets, choppers, chips, carriers, and even soldiers to the Bayster and his TF sets. That saves a TON of money. Imagine if they had to CG all that!

But as another poster pointed out, that means the military was also given a big role in the films - and a really positive one at that (Invited by China to flush out Decepticons, helping wounded Jordanian soldiers, shooting 100 feet Decepticons with rail guns). In the process, some Autobots had been reduced to sideshows.

So what do you think? Less, more, and the same dose of good ol' American military goodness? To be sure, its inevitable for soldiers to feature in the film. But has it been too much?

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Way too much. I don't want them there at all.

3. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

i think this should be merged with mospeada's thread.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    There's something badass in seeing all the military equipment used..but I think he's overdoing it. Don't mind some military involvement (a la GI Joe & The Transformers), but it shouldn't become The Army feat. The Transformers The Movie...

TF1 was borderline for me, because it evened the military bits out with kid bits and (boring) hacker bits, but I think TF2 overstepped the line- ALTHOUGH I must say that most of the focus was on N.E.S.T., which qualifies as a special TF team, which was okay. In the end it just got too crazy for my tastes, though.

5. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers had the perfect balance: The military helped out A LOT (Destroyed Blackout and Scorponok and helped take out Brawl and Megatron), but the main feats belonged to the Autobots.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen went too much for the military side, and the Autobots kinda became background characters (Did you saw any of them, except for Optimus, as the main focus during the Jordan battle?).

TF3 should still feature them (Lennox and Epps rock!), but in a balanced way, like TF did.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    One can argue with this though..since in some battles, the camera would focus on the military and not the Autobots during the fight (like Lennox' team taking out Blackout while Prime and Megatron are fighting in the background). :) 

But I do agree that, storywise, the military seems to be involved in a much smaller scale in movie 1.

7. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

There is a thread about this already....

Military

Don't people bother to use the search feature?

:confused: 

8. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

Mod alert?

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I appreciate the military in general, and I apreciate the military shown in a positive light.

Allow me to ask this: why wouldn't the military be involved in a Transformers movie? The Decepticons do classify as threat. Would we want Decepticons wreaking havoc and the government / military not giving a crap?

10. messi

messi Well-Known Member

one thing having them involved(ie war of the worlds) another thing having them take excessive and I mean EXCESSIVE running time.