The Misadventures of Shia LaBeouf and Friends, co-starting some Robots

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jntjr2005, Jul 3, 2011.

1. jntjr2005

jntjr2005 Member

"The Misadventures of Shia LaBeouf and Friends, co-starting some Robots"

Thats what I think the movies should be called, I understand the need to have humans in the movies and have a some focus on them especially in the first movie to set up drama and such, but in ROTF and DOTM the Transformers felt to have less and less air time and focus on them.

I mean Megatron had what, like 10 seconds of footage and 2 words in DOTM? (being sarcastic)

I could care less if the movies had a single human in them at all, I want two and half hours of robot on robot action, am I rite?

2. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

i think you should be lucky you got what you did considering the fact these movies are not cheap to make. most of the short cuts of the robots are for that very reason

these movies DO have to worry about making a profit in the end ya know

3. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

You are right.

4. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was once "The Megan Fox show and her Robot Friends."

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Oh yea, it's not like Optimus and Laserbeak appearece once every two seconds.

It's not like every single happening on the movie had a Transformers connected to it.

It's not like Sam was absolutely useless in defeating Sentinel and the Decepticons [he actually helped them].

IT'S NOT LIKE one in each two scenes had an Autobot on it.

Oh, wait...

6. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mods, can we just have one thread for the movie bashers? This is getting so old. They all have different thread titles, but they are all feeble and do the same exact thing over, and over, and over....

Just pointless

Maybe a stickied thread titled, "if you hated the movie and thought there were too many humans, post here"

7. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

I think Dotm is one of the best action movies of all time!! Sorry you didn't get what you wanted.. But I'm an old g1 fan who saw most of the bots portrayed very close to their g1 counterparts, and some good story telling in this finale... It moved me as it moved a lot of people across the board. Other than going war for cybertron, you have to have a human story, otherwise you wouldn't garner any interest. I would say the human story in this film was very well done as it played a critical role in the film.. Again sorry that you didn't get what you were expecting, but I as a lot of transfans, was very pleased with what we got! There were times in the 1st film, when I stopped and thought wow!!! I'm seeing prime in a live action movie!! And this last film!!! Man this film was the best TF film to date!! This was the best summer movie I've seen in 3 years!!!

8. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, now THIS guy, right here, he's the one who's right.

9. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

The bots had plenty of screentime in DOTM. Heck, even more than the first 2. But, if the trilogy began with full CGi and no live action it may be a lot better than what it is now.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:bowdown: 

So many users with post counts barely in the double figures just weighing in to bash the movies in a new thread about the same thing x 1000000000. *Yawn*

11. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with being new. But i do think threads should be searched better to avoid redundancy and server clogs.

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Please don't think I'm knocking anyone for being new - I wish everyone would join this place and they have to sign up sometime, it's just that it seems that all the trolling and inane shit is coming from the newbies right about now. When the DotM hype dies down they'll probably crawl back under their little troll rock. Can't people have some respect and contribute a bit more constructively?

13. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM had, by far, the most robot screen-time of the three films. Could the die-hard fanboy in me have had some more? Yes, of course, and I hope another director does give us more one day. But you can’t deny that the Transformers were treated as characters in DOTM much more than they have in the past.

And yes, humans are needed. Humans will always be needed. It’s not a Michael Bay thing. Even with another director, as long as the film is based on Earth, humans will always have a big part to play. An average audience that isn’t made up Transformers geeks will feel completely detached otherwise.

14. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree

15. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Why is it when anyone disagrees with even one aspect of the live action movies we're bashers and we're all just being so heartless? They're called opinions. No one is being malicious, and no one is insulting other posters. Get used to people having different opinions.

What's "feeble" is people refusing to hear any feedback that goes counter to what they think. "Feeble" is not wanting to hear anyone else's take.

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah it was so exciting when Optimus was talking to...humans. Oh and when Laserbeak was attacking...humans.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

We're not saying people can't have differing opinions. Personally, I welcome it. It's just when people are starting new threads every 5 minutes when there are already 15 threads on the same subject, and it's just so they can get their hating voices heard because they think their thread is special.

How hard is it to have a quick scan down the first page of the movie forum and find the topic you're looking for then contribute to that?

18. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Because if there's one race the Transformers have never had anything to do with for 25 years....it's humans.

Oh wait....

19. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Then forgive him for being new, but the point is, it's not exactly "hating voices" when people disagree with a few aspects of the movie. This is the same thing that happened with RotF. If anyone spoke up and said they didn't like it, everyone just descended upon them with hater this, and hater that, and no one wants to hear anything but gushing praise for Michael Bay.

I posted a thread similar to this guy yesterday, and it said that while I LIKED the film, the main flaw for me was too much focus on the military. I guess I'm a heartless hater, because that's how half of us react. It's just 2009 all over. I guess we should all just accept whatever happens and not say anything so no one fights.

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Ok, I see your point. It just seems that when people have got something negative to say they seem to want to shout that much louder than if they want to praise. Please believe me when I say there is plenty of room for both, I just find it tiresome that there are so many threads repeating themselves.

I'll happily reconsider my "hater" comments, but just maybe if anyone is reading this and they have a problem or an issue with the movie they wish to air, please can they remember that there is probably a thread already out there for you to contribute to and have a rational discussion with people who may agree with you or not.

There is room for everyone here, but not if we clog the forums up with multiple 'too many humans, not enough robots!' threads or suchlike every 20 minutes.