The Middleman

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by jorod74, Jun 23, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I watched the first episode of ABC Family's show The Middleman with my oldest neice just while ago (DLed it) and though it has a quasi-corny feel to it, i was surprised to find myself enjoying the banter.

The premise rips heavily from Men in Black, with a sqeaky clean sense of humor that zings.

the dialogue did more for the show than the plot or FX or anything.
    now the main character DubDub as her friends call her, is really the pentultimate geeky chic and well, she's adorable.
    if they do things as usual at ABCF, they will run this show a season or two, then 86 it. I think with a little more backing from the House that Mickey Built, they could upgrade the lame-o elements and make this a possible hit.
    With all the big guns on the main Networks, i doubt it could compete, but it has a niche where it is and room to grow.

2. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I was actually think of starting a thread about this.

I too enjoy it. The plot and special effects are nothing too special, but as you said, the dialouge and banter are absolutly wonderful, as is the way it just makes fun of all things sci-fi. It knows what it's dealing with and doesn't take itself too seriously. Love it.

Also, the lead is very, very cute.

3. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry i overlooked that or stepped on your thread like this.

i knew i liked the show when he asked her which Flash and she replied, "You really want me to leave?"

The fact the hero uses milk as an interrogation device, and the blatant cursing handled as its own joke rocks.

i want more.