The Metal, Hardcore and Punk Music Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    EDIT: now that this thread will be rename the Metal, Hardcore and Punk Music thread, lets keep everything civil...dont come in and post about how lame metal is, or how hardcore kids dont know how to dance...we're discussing the MUSIC here...if you dont like the music, dont post about how lame everyone else is for liking it...SHOW RESPECT....that is all...

Comeback Kid

does anyone have their new album? i kinda like the two songs on myspace, and i dig wake the dead...but not sure about this new singer....i always have a hard time when bands change singers....so, if you have an opinion, let me know...

2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    I got the album.
    There's a few nice songs on it, but frankly.. The first two albums blow it clear out of the water.

The new singer was already in the band doing the backing vocals before and I loved his voice there. I guess he puts too much melody in his vocals for my taste on the new record.

3. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Broadcasting is okay. It lacks flow...I think that's what it is...

Turn it Around and Wake the Dead however....oh...my....Allah...

Both are musical sex, and EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD should buy the album. Or atleast check them out.

The new singer (Andrew IIRC) is alright. Nowhere near the previous singers ability, but he's as close as we're gonna get. At least they kept it in the Band.

"Do you remember what you told me once? That every passing minute is a another chance to turn it all around."~Lorelei

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i was never really a fan but i listened to the new album and some of the older ones... i liked the older ones.

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

This board needs more musically inclined individuals....and by that I mean this board needs more Metal.

Zephry for example, he LOVES Rhianna...too much. I tried to introduce him to Protest the Hero and he's all like "WTF that's not on the Billboard Top 10 or replayed every 2 minutes on Radio...so I don't like it".

Seriously, Canadian Metal/ Hardcore scene is the shit. Check out :

Protest the Hero
    RosesDead
    Comeback Kid
    Arise and Ruin
    Alexisonfire
    Belvedere

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

There is nothing in this post that is right about anything. First of all, you call me by my Xbox Live name. Second it's T-Pain that I love, not Rhianna. Unless you mean love to do, then Rhianna obviously.

"Shawty got dem apple bottom jeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaans, boots wit da fuuuuuuuuuur!"

7. Sideways

Sideways Banned

:rock 
    yesssss....more metal. on a side note, i hate Emo bands.

8. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

But Fall Out Boy is a decent band. And Pete Wentz can scream with the best of them...seriously, Youtube "Saturday" by Fall Out Boy. First time I heard it I was like "My God...they aren't a bunch of pussies".

I listen to everything except Country...seriously, why does that genre exist? I saw a commercial which said "The Best in Country Music" and it had a promo of a song that actually used the lyrics "I want to search you for ticks"....wow.

"Apple bottom Jeeeeeaaaannnns, boots wit tha Fuuuuuurrrrrrr...furrrrrrrr"

9. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    It's official. I have lost all respect for you and officially hate you. FOB SUCKS. Also I saw some vids for Comeback Kid. I only liked Wake the Dead. Will be downloading it tomorrow but the other song was pretty meh. Also Muse FTMFW.

10. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

First of all, you have no idea what you're talking about until you actually LISTEN to FoB song other than 'Dance Dance' which is probably their worst song.

Second, what 'other' song are you talking about?

Thirdly, Wake the Dead is essentially how they roll in each of their songs.

False Idols Fall, Lorelei, All in a Year, Final Goodbye etc etc.

I would give Jdre's sister up just to see CBK live. I would throwdown so hard, Allah himself would be in awe.

I've been on a music spree over the past few days. Ive found the lives of Emery, Sky Eats Airplane, Misery Signals, August Burns Red, Alesana, The Chariot, Agnostic Front and so much more....

Any other suggestions from people whose opinion's matter? (That's not you Jdre).

11. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Pete Wentz used to be in Arma Angelus, who were an amazing HC band, I suggest you look them up before slagging off FOB too much ;)  Actually a lot of the best pop-punk bands have their roots in hardcore... FOB, New Found Glory (Chad Gilbert was the lead singer in Shai Hulud), Lostprophets (about half of them were in various HC bands)...

Comeback Kid... I can take or leave. I used to like all that moshcore stuff, but kind of grew out of it. I'd suggest checking out bands like Parkway Drive (Australian) or Shaped By Fate (Welsh) though, they're awesome at it.

Me? I'm more of a spazz / grind kinda guy. Give me Narcosis / Converge / Pig Destroyer / Dillinger Escape Plan any day ;) 

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    fuck yeah for dillinger escape plan...i love those dudes so damn much....and the chariot is sweet too....

everyone should check out this is the hospital and underminded on myspace...i cant provide links right now, but they should be easy to search for...

13. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

OUTBREAK

We should change the title of the thread to "The Metal, Hardcore and Punk Music Thread".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i was thinking the same thing...i'll go request it...in fact, i almost titled this thread that when i first posted...

so, whats everyone think of the new singer for BURY YOUR DEAD? i really dug the old guy, not sure about this new guy....basically its like the same as comeback kid...its okay, just not great...

15. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I;ve heard the two new songs on their myspace...he's not doing that bad of a job. See, the thing with these new singers is that they try very hard to sound exactly like the previous signer. BYD's old singer reminded me of the lead vocalist of Throwdown. It reminds me that I have a a BYD shirt that I need to wear sometime...it has gone out of my rotation (Currently wearing a Norma Jean shirt).

16. Lumpy

News Credits:
    doublepost...

all this talk has made me decide to go buy Turn it Around when i get outta work...ive got wake the dead...and need more CBK

17. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i havent listened to throwdown in forever...

and yeah, its like when anthony green left saosin, to start circa survive....the guy that replaced him was a COMPLETE CLONE...he danced, sang, and moved the exact same way...he's finally grown into his own groove, but it took awhile...its gotta be hella hard for a new singer to come into a band though...they dont want to change everything, but they dont want it to stay the same either....

18. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Can't stop The Metal :rock 

The Metal lyrics

You can't kill the metal
    The metal will live on
    Punk-Rock tried to kill the metal
    But they failed, as they were smite to the ground
    New-wave tried to kill the metal
    But they failed, as they were stricken down to the ground
    Grunge tried to kill the metal Ha,hahahahaha
    They failed, as they were thrown to the ground
    Aargh! yeah! [x2]

[Singing]

No-one can destroy the metal
    The metal will strike you down with a vicious blow
    We are the vanquished foes of the metal
    We tried to win for why we do not know

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way
    Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way
    Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong
    Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong
    Yea!

Metal!
    It comes from hell!

19. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Hey you, you guys in this thread! Who wants to do me a HUGE favour?!

Does anyone have any of Outbreak's CD's? Failure, You Make Us Sick etc.

It would mean the WORLD to me to send me them....via means of the internet....PM me if you have them and catch my drift...

Also Bury Your Dead's - Beauty and the Breakdown. My HMV is the uber lame and only carries the most mainstreamed of Punk and Metal. There's Dragonforce everywhere, but no Throwdown, Bury Your Dead or Between the Buried and Me.

I will perform sexual favours for the person that does this for me. many, many sexual favours.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  20. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, i stopped at best buy, and they didnt have turn it around, so i bought it off itunes instead...still not sure i like buying music online..theres something nice about having the cd in your hands...but oh well...almost bought burn piano island burn from the blood brothers, but didnt...and almost bought alaska from between the buried and me...but again, didnt...