The Mechtech Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Brainchild, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Anybody who's seen pictures of the new DOTM toys has probably seen pictures of the unpainted tumors that come with them. We all know this is part of the toy line's new Mechtech gimmick. But the thing is, we've heard a few things about, and none of them seem to piece together. Rumors state that they have automorph built into them, they use a shared peg system, they combine, etc.
    Bottom line is, what do you think Mechtech will ultimately do?

2. Stonecraft

Stonecraft Banned

I think it's some kind of collect and connect bot.

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It looks like you can swap weapons between characters - like give Ironhide another gun borrowed from Voyager Optimus - some weapons might combine too - both in general and specifically (like Starscream) looking at Bumblebee Leader class ; it seems he's designed to mount other guns onto his harness.

I don't mind the odd big gun - I might just give them to Classics Cliffjumper or some thing like that if they have any 5mm posts or 5mm holes on them that allow backwards compatible mounting or decorate Energon toys with them etc...

I can't see me actually using BB's gun on him... I'd have been much happier with a pair of small removable shoulder launchers than some weird lump.

4. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

This is slightly off topic, but from the pictures we've seen so far the mechtech guns kinda look like robo-turds to me. Just sayin'.

I'm assuming that they maybe combine, or at the very least are interchangeable among the various figures similar to the newish 3mm weapons.

POOZOOKA!!!

5. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I think the Mechtech weapons can combine in different ways to form bigger guns and not a robot.