the matrix

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Grimlock22, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

so a few days ago my friend and i were having a debate over waer optimus got the mratrix from in DotM being it's in the harvester wene prime BLEW UP! I said "Maby Prime grabed it right before he blew it up" so how dose get the matrix!?

2. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

The matrix is an extremely powerful object. It probably withstood the blast, shielded as it was by the suprestructure of the sun harvester.

3. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    It was manufactured by the Original 13 so chances are it's indestructible.

4. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

The legendary thing within the souls of the ancient primes can be turned into dust by mere touching it, but can also be indestructible as ever.

Very very unique.

5. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    It turns into dust when it's wielded by a being not yet entrusted with the power of the Primes.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Honestly, nothing is ever shown in the movies themselves as to how Optimus gets it back. Based solely on what the movies tell and show us, there's no explanation. It's an issue that's never addressed in the movies. And frankly, other than a few fans on here, no one who's seen the movie that I know even questions it. I wish it was addressed. Heck, even if it was some shot in RotF where the Matrix glowed blue inside the ensuing harvester explosion and then science-fiction-magic-wizardy dematerialized and flew into Optimus' chest (and then the battle with The Fallen continues). And then as Optimus stands heroically by the Sphynx, the Matrix could be levitating around him. Right there, 10 seconds to establish "There's the Matrix! It's back!", thus leading to something between the two that answers the Matrix-question.

The official novels do give an explanation. Something about when the harvester is destroyed, the Matrix fuses itself with Optimus' very being (or something). The point is, the novels give an explanation while the films do not.