The Matrix

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by CKPRIME, Aug 20, 2011.

1. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    I've been lurking around here a bit since DoTM came out, and finally decided to join the forum.

My question is about the Matrix. The Fallen used it to activate the sun harvester at the end of RoTF. Optimus blew the hell out of the top of the sun harvester to save Earth. He shot it right about where the Fallen had inserted the Matrix. How was the Matrix recovered? Is it made out of some uber indestructible metal?

2. vatarian

vatarian SPIDER8ITCH

The matrix is an object of energy, it maintains a physical shell only for the purposes of recogniton, stability. As shown in rotf, it can completely reform itself.

3. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

This

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    The Matrix only appeared in two short scenes.

Wondering, is the Matrix even important?

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Damnit Bay.

The Matrix could have solved everyone in a deus ex Machina ending buuuuut nooooooo Bay just threw the idea in the garbage.

6. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well its obvious that it can revive transformers but it cant create them like the allspark. my guess is that it cant do much anything else.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Wait, are you actually complaining that they had to do stuff to win instead of just holding up a magic MacGuffin and auto-winning?

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The Matrix is probably the closest thing in the movies to what I would call a supernatural artifact. Sam only recovered the real Matrix once he earned it. And it now holds all the Knowledge of the Allspark, effectively making it the Matrix of past series. It's not really the bottomless well of power it was before, though it does store Energon, it seems more like a sacred relic than just a fancy battery.

Because, y'know, just holding the Matrix up and every bad guy dying without a fight or even so mcuh as a hello is SO much mroe interesting than actual struggle and conflict.

9. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    They could have tried to give life to deceased comrades like Jazz or create new ones and maybe use it to i dunnno......

SAVE THEIR DAMN RACE!!!!!!!!!

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

The Matrix can only bring back people in Stasis, as Lennox explicetely put on DOTM.

Next time, listen to the dialogue instead of complaining about the colour of Optimus' right sword and asking for a reboot in a ridiculously large amout of topics, dude.

11. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Only now i know. Man Bayformers has a crappy way of explaning things and that so totally is full of crap.

If the Matrix is the remenents of the allspark which brings life why not have it create life?

I GIVE UP!

12. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I don't see anything wrong with a dialogue of explanation, you expected what, a full-bible of complex words to describe that?

Because there isn't a "Revive dead dudes here" switch on the middle of the Matrix [nor in the AllSpark in fact, one has to know how to use it to bring people back from the dead. Or do anything else, really].

The AllSpark wasn't that good bringing dead people back either: Each time it brought something from the dead, it consumed the whole Shard that was used [Megatron's and Jetfire's case, even though he wasn't "dead"].

13. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

Uhm, when Prime got a hole the size of a large meteor blown into his chest in ROTF, he wasn't in stasis...he was dead, unless you're saying that between ROTF and DOTM, the Matrix lost its "bring back the dead" ability.

14. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    =] =] LoLz =] =] *hits imagenary like button*

15. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

lets cut you in half and keep you alive see how you like it, lol. and yeah lets have the autbots leave earth where public enemy number 1 is hiding at the moment, to go halfway across the galaxy to a apparently dead planet, and spend how much time it would take to revive it, since the movie verses matrix of leadership is only a power source/key to a giant ancient weapon, it may only have the power to restart a transformer due to the surge of energon it can deliver, remember prime still had that giant hole in him and was weak before he combined with jetfire. also it is not the Allspark reconstituted, it only has "the transformers history" in it, it has its essence, not its power.

16. TheBeastman

TheBeastman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...Is this guy for real?