The Matrix

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chazparks, Jul 3, 2011.

1. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

When Hot Rod holds the Matrix he becomes Rodimus. When Rodimus let's go of the Matrix he becomes Hot Rod. Why didn't Optimus become Orion Pax when he let go of the Matrix?

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Continuity error/stupid writers.

3. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Well you see...

The thing is...

*Runs*

Because Alpha Trion rebuilt him before he got the Matrix? In Dark Awakening Prime says the Matrix makes him too powerful for Hot Rod to beat... so I guess it just powers him up and gives him wisdom without a new body?

Also, you know, it wasn't thought up yet I guess. =/

4. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because unlike Hot Rod, Orion Pax was rebuilt into Optimus Prime before getting the Matrix. Even Ultra Magnus didn't change the brief time he carried the Matrix in the 86 movie. Hot Rod changed into Rodimus Prime because he was the Chosen One. The Matrix chose him to lead, so it upgraded him into a new body. If he wasn't gonna carry the Matrix, he would revert back to his original form.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    The theory I've liked is that Hot Rod changes when he has the matrix because he's the "Chosen One".

6. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 DJD

Ebay:
    Agreed

7. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

So was Nemesis Prime..err... Scourage also the chosen one? His body changed with the Matrix but when Galvatron had it he didn't change.

8. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

That was a case of the matrix showing it would inflict pain upon those who wanted the matrix to use for selfish desires. That's my explaination atleast.

9. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

As for Galvatron... He shoved that bitch in his gun, not his boobs!

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

This is the theory I also subscribe to. Plus maybe the Matrix realised that Hot Rod needed a greater physical form in order to lead the Autobots? Look at Prime and Magnus - they were already pretty substantial robots, but Hot Rod was chucked around far too easily by Megatron.

11. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I wish that Rodimus wouldn't have physically changed back to Hot Rod when he didn't possess the matrix. Optimus Primal didn't revert back to his old self when he no longer possessed the original Optimus Prime's spark. I just think that once that body has been changed, I don't want to see it change back.

12. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 DJD

Ebay:
    You have a good pt that optimus primal didnt revert back wen he didnt have the maxtrix anymore and personally i think that woulda added an interesting twist in rodimus' life more or less saying its time to grow up

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It could also be that rodimus is changing back to hot rod by the will of the matrix, not by a connection. It could be the matrix can only rebuild one robot at a time, and at those times it needs to rebuild another for whatever purpose.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The old UK comic covered this in a letter's page, it said something to the effect of "Optimus was already an adult, a seasoned veteran. Rodders needed to grow up".

Not canonical, but you could view it as a possible explanation. Rodimus Prime is an older Hot Rod, Hot Rod will age to become Rodimus Prime, but the Matrix needed Rodimus Prime now, not in a thousand years time, so it brought him about early.

15. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

When Optimus Prime received The Matrix from Alpha Trion was it clearly that Optimus Prime was " The Chosen One"? or was The Matrix just handed to him

16. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The key is Chosen One, the one in question being Hot Rod. Optimus being given the Matrix was just like his later passing it to Ultra Magnus: The Autobots need a leader, take the Matrix and assume command.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

It really wasnt covered.
    The problem with that is the writers trew out the concept of "A Chosen One" in 2 of season 3's episodes.

"The Burden hardest to bear" and "The return of Optimus Prime" showed us that other can "at least" use some of the power of the Matrix.

Personally, I feel Optimus never reverted becaue, at least in part, he was reformatted by Teletran 1.

18. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

Reformatted by teletron1... No . I'm a firm believer in that the matrix upgraded Orion pax off panel / screen and alpha trion was present . Taking credit for it he did not do . Prime infferd it however and so did alita1 to a much lesser extent . I would lean more towards he rebuilt alita after primes upgrade based on his design . I really wish someone in a place of authority actually made something of this cannon instead of us having to assume this that and the other thing after all this time . I have looked and nothing out there has a stamp of yes this is what exactally happened . And I don't belive that exodus stuff , it's for the games and tfprime which is outside this continuity .