The Matrix

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Finally finished watching the trilogy. Liked 1, Liked 2, Hated 3.

Opinions on the movies?

2. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Loved 2 until the rave.

3 was meh.

3. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    The first one was a great movie. The cinematogrophy in that movie is some of the best to come out of modern cinema. The plot was coherent enough to follow and there was a good mythology put into place.

The second two were cash grabs and devolved into popcorn action flicks IMO.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The first movie can actually stand entirely on its own, with no need for prequels or sequels. It's my favorite of the bunch.

The second and third ones were spectacular in their own way, but as I mentioned, ultimately unnecessary. Two's far better than three; I love the 'Exile' concept, and the Ghost Twins.

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I thought 1 was alright until people started telling me it was supposed to be clever. 2 and 3 gargle donkey semen.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I walked out of the cinema after watching The Matrix and commented to my friends on how I hoped they didn't do a sequel, because I didn't feel it needed one.
    And then they did 2 sequels.
    And both were utter and irredeemable shit from start to finish.

So yeah. Loved the first one (still do), completely detest the sequels.

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Loved the first one. A friend and I went to see it in the theater, and we both left with a certain bit of "Is it real?!?" Granted that was probably exaggerated by our fatigued state at the time, but it was a good flick.

2 and 3 both got theater views, and both left me feeling apathetic about the film. Things were explained that didn't need explained, and things that needed explanation were ignored.

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Loved the first one, and could have done without seeing the other two.

9. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

loved first one-still pop it once or twice- Kinda like the second KINDA. I like the third one, if anything for the dragon ball, battle, and the MECHA

10. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

2 and 3 were such a departure from the 1st one, I've often wondered what happened. I understand that the 1st movie wasnt really made with sequels in mind, but why the hell were they so awful? Not just bad, but terrible, especially the third chapter. The 2nd two movies play out like poorly written fanfics, with the sort of wooden acting that the new star wars movies are so famous for. Definitely disappointing on an epic level.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1 is great

2 and 3 are okay,

12. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

Loved the first one, hated the 2nd one, the 3rd one was okayish. The sequels were a huge step down from the original. I didn't know what they were talking about 90% of the time. The action was boring, just wrist slaps and overuse of slow-mo. It got better in the 3rd one, but the first did it best.

13. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Like the first one.

Although I have no idea if it's true, there were claims that the 1st was more or less stolen from a one-shot comic story. As I said, no idea if it is true, but it'd sure explain a lot, huh?

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Some guy: I loved the The Matrix, 'cause it's a flashy action movie, but it wasn't what I expected!
    Same guy years later: I hated the Matrix sequels, 'cause they were just flashy action movies, and weren't what I expected.

That's how I feel about 99% of every "what do you think of The Matrix" conversation that has ever happened, or will happen in the future. I loved all three of them, and think they each have something to add to the story, mythos, and the exploration of religious and philosophical themes. The first will always have the biggest impact and will probably remain my favorite, but the reasons for that should be pretty obvious.

15. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I swore I'd never watch any of the movies ever again after seeing the 3rd one and its Dragonball Z fight.

16. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

Definitely my favorite trilogy of all time. I can't think of the movies as separate because I view it all as one three part story. I also enjoyed the continuation of the story after the movies which took place in the Matrix Online.

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The second was my favorite, followed closely by the first. The only reason I like the second better is because of the massive fight scene with all the Agent Smiths. One of my favorite movie scenes of all time.

The 3rd film was meh because I don't like how they killed basically everyone. It left you wanting more at the end.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Greatly enjoyed the first one, sorta enjoyed the other two a bit. The freeway fight in - er - whichever one it was in is the kind of big constantly in motion battle I'd like to see done in a live-action Transformers film one day, but with some of the cars being TF and maybe a couple of human companions being tossed from Autobot to Autobot while they constantly transform from one mode to another to fight and drive during a running battle with some ground-based Decepticons.

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I donĀ“t like the universe at all. Why? Because both the Humans and the Machines are dicks. Animatrix showed the humans as retards and used a plot device (01 suvived being nuked and the EMP fromt he nukes).

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i liked 'em all three pretty well. theres parts of each movie i guess i dont really care for but overall the Matrix movies are all good in my book :D