The Matrix of Leadership

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RzaSharp, Jun 25, 2009.

1. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Just some quick questions...Sorry if there is another thread for this, if so ...please direct me to it.

How was the Fallen able to obtain the matrix from Optimus? Wouldnt it have just turned back into dust? Why did Sam get to go to Autobot Heaven but not Optimus? Other than bringing OP back to life, how did the matrix/jetfire make him "Stronger"? Must be like getting some Air Jordan's--- They make you run faster, jump higher, and play better (sarcasm).

2. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Fallen yanked it out of Optimus's chest. Sam's burning justice repaired the matrix, so anyone could use it again. Sam had a vision from the Primes in the matrix, Optimus was just plain dead. The matrix restored Optimus, but he was still weak with heavy damage, so Jetfire's components fixed that damage, giving him new abilities like flying and a bigger gun.

That all?

3. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

i understand what you are saying but i am still having problems understanding how it made OP "Stronger"....yeah the parts gave him jetpacks and an extra layer of armor...but are we to assume that prime (without dying/being injured) couldve beaten the fallen? Sam didnt repair the matrix....his act of self sacrifice proved to the primes that he had "earned" the right to possess it...this rule should still apply to anyone else who hasnt earned it trying to take it. Your explanation of sam not being dead doesnt make sense...they wouldnt defibrilate someone who's heart hasnt stopped beating. OP sacrificed himself to protect Sam (the knowledge of the matrix), he shouldve went to "heaven" as well, especially if its a "Prime Only" place.

4. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    well prime probably would have gotten his ass handed to him i dunno its tough to say i think the armor just helped him take on the fallen and kill him allot faster then if he didnt have it

5. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Remember they said that Sam was now a container for what knowledge and stuff was in the Allspark, which I would also assume might be copies of the past leaders' knowledge(like in Star Wars:Expanded Universe Holocrons) that could pass info, which when Sam died briefly he had a slightly out of body experience.

It took Prime a bit to feel the matrixes power, and Jetfire being a ex-Con was more heavily armed, and binding those parts to Prime along with some of the matrix infused in him would be a tremendous boost I think.

6. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Forgive me, somehow I double posted.