Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TF66, Jul 5, 2007.
Notice the circle orange around the Spark.
i cant even see anything recognisable at all in that picture, let alone a spark or an orange circle
hmmmmm looks like it............sweet
how about that one?
I doubt it is the Matrix, the Allspark fulfills the Matrix role in the movie anyway, though it is closer to the comic's Creation Matrix than the cartoon's Autobot Matrix of Leadership though they share physical similarities. Let us not forget that the Allspark , as used in Beast Wars to refer to Transformers "Heaven" is some times also refered to as the Matrix , so the names are already somewhat interchangeble. Even if it is a Matrix of Leadership like-object in the picture, it would most likely not be refered to as such in future movies because of the "Matrix" trilogy of movies.
I think it's just a normal Spark chamber. Maybe one that is meant to look like the matrix as a homage to it, like in Beast Wars.
Here's my idea for the Matrix of Leadership:
Okay, next movie has Optimus Prime get taken out sometime in the middle, where he is literally about to die or something.
Wheeljack (if he's in it) and Ratchet get to work on that fragment of the Allspark that Prime picked out of Megatron's dead corpse (not really dead I think lol) and create a hollow device, similar looking to the
They take Prime's spark and encase in that device, and when it connects to his body, it radically changes it (not by much)
And in the ending climax, Optimus Prime shows up to save the day, complete with his regular tractor and the trailer attached to it. When he transforms, the trailer attached transforms with him, making him larger and more powerful, able to easily take on Megatron-size powerhouses
I was hoping that scene would show the matrix within prime, and i guess that the image you show, being able to look at it longer than the split second on film shows his spark chamber is an homage to the matrix. I also hope that...
The fragment somehow gets added to his spark, or otherwise becomes a matrix device in future film installments.
..........the hell??? Which is it?
Oops, sorry lol.
did the Matrix come out before or after the concept of the Autobot Matrix of Leadership?
About fifteen years later.
"The Matrix" came out about 13 years after TF:TM introduced the Matrix of Leadership into the TF canon, heheheh
Matrix is a pretty common word, it has several uses in our language:
1. something that constitutes the place or point from which something else originates, takes form, or develops: The Greco-Roman world was the matrix for Western civilization.
2. Anatomy. a formative part, as the corium beneath a nail.
3. Biology. a. the intercellular substance of a tissue.
b. ground substance.
4. Petrology. the fine-grained portion of a rock in which coarser crystals or rock fragments are embedded.
5. fine material, as cement, in which lumps of coarser material, as of an aggregate, are embedded.
6. Mining. gangue.
7. Metallurgy. a crystalline phase in an alloy in which other phases are embedded.
8. Printing. a mold for casting typefaces.
9. master (def. 18).
10. (in a press or stamping machine) a multiple die or perforated block on which the material to be formed is placed.
11. Mathematics. a rectangular array of numbers, algebraic symbols, or mathematical functions, esp. when such arrays are added and multiplied according to certain rules.
12. Linguistics. a rectangular display of features characterizing a set of linguistic items, esp. phonemes, usually presented as a set of columns of plus or minus signs specifying the presence or absence of each feature for each item.
13. Also called master. a mold made by electroforming from a disk recording, from which other disks may be pressed.
14. Archaic. the womb.
Everyone just thinks of that damn Keanu film.
oh, I thought the Matrix existed as a comic manga or some sort...
heard that info from somewhere but I can't remember.
It looked like a spark chamber to me - and it still does.
Not exactly correct...I can't remember where I read but the AllSpark doesn't mean the Matrix...its also mentioned in..Beast Machines - if I remembered correctly.
Dew - that's a cool plot devic...but if the AllSpark is gonna affect anyone, its going to be...Megatron! XD
Its such a convenience that Sam so effortless thrusted the All Spark into Megatrons chest without even Megatron opening his chest up. Prime did open a part of his chest to reveal the "Matrix".
If they do give Prime the matrix of leadership, I hope it's more of a special energy inside his spark, than a solid object that just happened to be in his chest the whole time but wasn't mentioned until just now.
If the allspark killed Megs, then why would Prime put it anywhere near his spark? plus, if it regenerated Frenzy's body, then why did it kill Megs in the first place?
frenzy only got a small shock to restore his body, megs had the whole thing pushed into him and it overloaded him
and the piece left with prime is small enough that it probably wouldn't kill him if he fused with it i guess
you saw the movie right? didnt you hear ratchet mention the Allspark was pure energy and combining it to primes spark would destroy him? and prime even mentions risking himself to destroy it.
it didnt kill megs in the first place because they we're in separate chambers of the dam.
Separate names with a comma.