The Masterpieces

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kenm2474, Jan 9, 2007.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I just recieved MP-02 today but never really intended on getting him but after looking at my collection of MPs I realized it would be off balance when my MP-05 Megatron arrives in March. So here he is just waiting for Megs to arrive. I know hes old news but here are some pics of him anyways.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    If They ever release him with a trailer like they did with Convoy, I'd be all over Magnus. As he is now though "meh", glad you like him though!

3. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'm on the same page as Robogeek. This version of Magnus does nothing for me. Obviously the biggest reason being that Magnus isn't just a white repaint of Prime. The white cab used for *the 80's toy* was apart of the overall makeup of the final character, not just a component with so-called "body armor" as invented by Dreamwave. But that's a different rant, hehe.

But yeah, if they ever release a functional attachable trailer to complete the character, then I'll definitely grab him. It would also be nice if they replaced the green on his hips to match the blue on his face in this current form.

The best thing about MP-02 is the black gun. I almost bought it specifically for that one little thing (to give to MP-01), but ultimately decided against it. But I do see why you bought him... to keep your MP numbers even. Fair enough. I probably would have done the same thing if I considered MP-03 to be an actual Masterpiece. But thus far, I consider him to be more of a Seeker Alternator due to his small size and all plastic design. But that's just me.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

MP Megatron is going to look really nice in there. That pic is just waiting for him

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Yeah, same boat as robogeek and Inception here. It's just "meh" to me. If we get a perfect edtion down the road, but until then, it's just not complete. It's just Magnus, Not Ultra Magnus.

6. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Like you and many others, I am also waiting for a "Perfect Edition" of Ultra Magnus to spend the money on him. If a few more years and MPs go by and they still haven't done so, then I may cave in and get the MP-02 Magnus (non Ultra edition).

Your comment on the gun got me thinking about the stupid blue gun with the 20th anniversary DVD edition of Prime. I wonder how Magnus would look with that blue gun. Maybe it wouldn't look so bad in his hands.

7. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I don't care if MP Ultra Magnus comes with the trailer or not, I WANT HIM!!! *Drools at the pics*

EDIT: Yay! 6,000 posts!

8. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

You should switch Prime's and Magnus' guns like I did with mine. Prime just don't look right with that gray gun.

9. kenm2474

You Know thats a great idea Thanx I am going to do that.

10. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

I want one!

11. kenm2474

Question....What Color should I paint the energy indicators on his forarms. Primes are Yellow or should I not paint them at all.

12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I'm with Robogeek. If he was released with a trailer, I would consider it, but it alone just doesn't cut it for me. I won't buy Screamer either simply because he doesn't resemble screamer. Megatron on the other hand I'm all over.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If Magnus was re-released with a Magnus trailer, I'd buy it.