The Masterpiece Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Great shots of the Jets, @chockey88 ! Dated and flawed but I still think they look fantastic, especially the coneheads. Extra points for putting their intakes forward! ;) 

Great to see you in the thread, @MetalicGrunt ! Hope you're well, buddy!

We must be on the same uh, wave, @Shockwave81 , as I've been on a real Shockwave kick myself this past week! It's not even that I'm excited about the + release (I am), it's just that I hadn't messed with him much for about a month and had to remind myself he's one of my favorites! He's one of my son's favorites, too, as he not only looks awesome but he's very solid and playable (very little worry about kid-damage if you remove the hose ;)  ). Had to replace his arm batteries this morning because I must have activated that cannon a hundred times the past few days! Definitely one of the most underrated figures in the line as I still see him get trashed fairly often on the boards.

Still waiting on BBTS to get Prowl+ in stock. @Arie and @Sam , your photos are not helping!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 TFW2005 Supporter

You’re so right about MP-29. I took him down off the shelf on Friday night and plonked him down on the coffee table while I was playing PS4, transformed him back and forth, and appreciated him all over again.

I’ve sold the OG versions of other MPs in preparation for updated releases, but I definitely can’t see myself parting with MP-29. He’s a great deskbot - and I’ve never used any of his lights in the time that I’ve owned him! I might go buy some today just for the hell of it.

It is a shame that he’s so maligned by others, there’s a certain elegance about him that I can’t quite pin. I love the way his legs have that sweeping concave look/feel right down to his feet. There’s a really natural flow to the whole design IMO.

One question (as I can’t readily find your pics of him right now), do you keep his backpack attached? I think I prefer it on even though it’s not the default haha.

I’ve got MP-17+ under my desk at work right now - it’s going to be a long wait until home time haha.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sam

Sam 255 days

News Credits:
    Was gonna wait until tomorrow morning to take some pics in the daylight, but fuck it @Dean ML and @Shockwave81 I just had to grab these two off the shelf and onto my bed :lol 

4F3067FE-17C6-4129-A59E-E9975F20EC0B.jpeg

I’m gonna need some batteries for 29+ when he gets here, and Shockwave81 you’d better get right on that! I agree, I won’t be able to sell my original MP-29, I’ll just always have a Shockwave as a permanent deskbot/night-light.

I don't see Shockwave ever leaving my top five MPs, he's so well-designed, perfectly executed, and fun to pose! The 29+ repaint will probably put him on even footing with MP-36, which is saying a lot considering how fucking awesome the latter is.

Also credit to my man @TCracker who I probably stole this pose idea from :thumb 

• Like Like x 18
  4. Shockwave81

Hahah! MP-29 has been standing guard beside my bed for the past few nights as well! :lol 

Love the pic bud!!! Much drama!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dean ML

Agree on all counts! Great analysis of exactly why his aesthetics are so pleasing. Like you, I'll be keeping the og when the + arrives so I can have one as a deskbot at all times (joining Soundwave and his tapes, Megatron, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Hot Rod, and Ultra Magnus). I might get rid of my og Prowl and Sideswipe since the + versions are the ones I want in my collection, but they make for great play copies for my son!

Also, backpack ON! Always. Cartoon accurate ;)  (toy, too!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 19
  6. Dean ML

Damn, @Sam , you lucky dog! Awesome composition and execution, brother, but it's driving me crazy to see all these in hand shots when BBTS still hasn't received their stock! Just glad to hear he's nice and tight. He looks vibrant all around, not just the blue!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Thanks brother. Getting back into MPs - 1/6 figures are like pure crack, lol. I have some extra LR41 batteries if anyone needs some.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shockwave81

Yeeeess man!! So awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sam

Sam 255 days

News Credits:
    I know right? After the G1 drought we've had this year the last thing you need is a delay with one of the three cartoon repaints we're getting. I feel for you dude!

I can understand you thinking of selling your original MP-17, too. I love that toy, but this is cartoon Prowl. If I hadn't already ordered Reprolabels and Ocean Labels to 'toy' my og up I might consider selling it as well. In a way the glorious toy launchers could easily be enough of a homage for me.

You thinking of maybe changing your pre-order for 29+? You don't want BBTS fucking that up too!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Quick MP Primal picture during sunset time:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 25
  11. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 28
  12. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Wow, great pics - and what is that Sideswipe??? I never liked the MP Swipe.

13. JSix

JSix Well-Known Member

Amazing shots dude, so damn dynamic. Really glad to see you’re enjoying BC Steamroll as much as I am.. super underrated figure.

14. Shockwave81

Tonight’s couchbots - bad lighting and crappy angle, but it’s all about the appreciation!

F1F856E3-4167-482E-82A5-96D7B84C0FEB.jpeg

MP-17+ is fantastic. Echoing the comments of others, his feet took some work to release during transformation and mine has very minor paint defects, but no other concerns.

If I wasn’t on a house hunt I would probably buy a second. :lol 

• Like Like x 14
  15. smkheidze

smkheidze I don't break rules, no really, I don't.

it's badcube's steam roll...you can get it off of ebay from baba for like $65 during one of the ebay 15% off sales.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sam

Sam 255 days

News Credits:
    If you’re gonna go toy, go full toy:

D05B1598-2A5A-4A12-BC0C-9E1D6DE1802D.jpeg

MP-17 with 18B’s face, silver painted eyes, and 17+’s launchers. More to come soon.

Gotta have someone to face off against 36+, right?

• Like Like x 16
  17. Sam

Sam 255 days

News Credits:
    D16A9DAF-C590-467E-A46E-E98FA7174B08.jpeg

Tried one of those Molotow chrome pens on his rifle, too. Trying not to touch it at all while it ‘cures’ (which is a few weeks from what I’ve read on here).

Rifle is from MP-18S because I don’t like it when the rifles have different coloured handles.

I’ll keep the headlights clear, the bumper lights orange, and the Z logo on the hood for ‘realism’. Other than that I want to recreate the box art was closely as possible

[​IMG]

Think I’ll try to move the Autobot insignia to the side, and I’ve got Ocean Labels on their way (Reprolabels arrived today).

Transformers and stickers again - I feel just like a little kid :lol 

• Like Like x 15
  18. Agent 539

Agent 539 Blackrock Gas Attendant TFW2005 Supporter

You’re an animal Sam. Can’t wait til I get my Prowl+ fromthe next state over but it’s sure taking some time. I could have driven to Vegas and back in the time that I’ve waited so far.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

Dsc_0016.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  20. Dean ML

Looking damn awesome @Sam ! Keep posting updates! Looks pitch perfect, man. You should think about taking on customizing jobs from other fans!

• Like Like x 2