The Masterpiece Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Definitely agree about Magnus' carrier mode making for a great space saver. Plus it looks so impressive and intimidating, all those vehicles, all that mass and the different colors compressed into one space - AWESOME.

And thanks for the kind words, my dude! Likewise @Xaxis and @Danny Boy ! But I didn't do anything! haha You guys are the ones who make this place a site I want to come back to daily and talk about my favorite hobby! Life's stressful enough, it's great to have something like this that's just purely for fun, which is what can be so frustrating when you have people who come here and try to make it *not* fun. But I realized that's true only if you let people get to you, so the trick is to just let things roll off my back, focus on the cool people here (and there are a lot!) which is easier than ever to do with the line at what I see as a high point since the release of Megatron.

Yeah, that Simba definitely looks awesome. Very impressive. And right now I am doubting that we'll get an official MP Victory Leo, or even any more Victory figures since it's been over two years since Star Saber was released. But knowing myself, I've got to stick to my collecting parameters or I'll start to slip and go down some rabbit holes. Wish I had more space and money for this hobby, but I'm still verrry happy with what I have!

TC, IDW should have you do photo covers for their TF comics, man.

• Like Like x 5
  2. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_1330.JPG IMG_1337.JPG IMG_1376.JPG

• Like Like x 16
  3. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    @Dean ML suggested I post this here, for those that don't know about it.

Shockwave's other arm articulation:

Shockwave's right arm has an extra joint inside the elbow which allows to change the position of the forearm in relation to the elbow. There are three 'clicks' which give three different positions, allowing for a deeper elbow bend.

Middle position:

[​IMG]

Clicked back (this allows for better saluting):

[​IMG]

Clicked forward:

[​IMG]

Clicked back:

[​IMG]

In the middle:

[​IMG]

Clicked forward (notice how visible the elbow joint is now):

[​IMG]

Allows his hand to basically touch his head:
    [​IMG]

Much better:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 21
  4. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

@Sam, God bless you haha. When you shared that last month it made the figure like new again for me.

Who was it that shared that great video on how to extend his collar plate and neck all the way without the head popping off?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    And I'm gonna keep spamming away here because once I had Shockwave out to take photos I couldn't resist:

I know Shockwave's saluting hand doesn't get much use but there are a couple of other things I like to use it for, such as holding things:

Shockwave1.jpg
    Shockwave2.jpg

"Come at me bro":

Shockwave14.JPG

"You must be this tall to ride":

Shockwave3.jpg

Poor Bumblebee.

Shockwave's been my favourite Decepticon for pretty much as long as I can remember. Visually he is bad-ass, and MP-29 does not disappoint. (The one-glowing-eyed villain continued in my love for MGS's Cyborg Ninja.) He played a pretty central role in one of the episodes I had as a kid, the Desertion of The Dinobots. Man we watched that over and over so much the VHS wore out! He was totally awesome, and in my 5 year old eyes he was by far the scariest bad guy - he made a hell of an impression on me. That scene when Carly and Spike arrive on Cybertron is forever engraved in my memory.

So naturally the MP became a quick favourite of mine purely for the nostalgia - although that's what this line's about, right? When I moved here to Russia I initially brought with me Ironhide and Shockwave, my two favourite MPs. Megatron has since arrived and blown everyone out of the water with his level of articulation and expression, yet Shockwave is still tied as favourite Decepticon MP for me because he does everything I want a Shockwave to do.

Shockwave4.jpg

Shockwave13.JPG

Shockwave12.JPG
    Shockwave11.JPG

Shockwave and Megatron of course look incredible together:

Shockwave8.JPG Shockwave9.JPG Shockwave10.JPG

The thing I hear most is how MP-29 simply isn't menacing enough. That because he isn't as tall as Megatron that means he can't take him down, as he did in the comics (I've never read the comics myself). Sorry, but that just doesn't fly with me. You don't need to be bigger than a bully to take him down. And I don't see why Shockwave needs to be tall or bulky to be considered powerful.

Shockwave5.jpg
    Shockwave6.jpg
    Shockwave7.jpg

DSC_0358.JPG DSC_0357.JPG

Definitely as scary and badass as my 5 year old self remembers.

DSC_0359.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 25
  6. Rookgordijn

Rookgordijn Well-Known Member

Second try to photograph my MP collection with the nameplates I've made, this time with a regular camera. It's really harder than I thought to take some decent pictures; the respect I already had for all you wonderful photographers on the forum has grown even stronger! Click on the link in my sig when you also want these nameplates. :) 

TFW1.jpg TFW2.jpg TFW4.jpg

• Like Like x 25
  7. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it ironic that out of the 4 cons from that pic, I love Rumble posture the most and even his simple design is kind on par with the big 3, lol. Every time I see Rumble, I kept on hearing his derogatory/funny remarks toward the autobots.
    I'm glad TTomy release her figure too. So far I didn't have any luck or see any listing on Ebay for a combo of Marrissa and UM visor faceplate from Delta. Just didn't feel purchasing Delta just to get those accessories.
    You made the wise decision, I was about to feed you to the Sharkticons, lol

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  8. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

Well well well look at that. Thanks Sam!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reuter44

Reuter44 Well-Known Member

Absolutely love these photo's.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JediFlaherty

JediFlaherty Well-Known Member

Added Tracks to my admittedly vanilla display today:

[​IMG]

Do all MPs have spark chambers?:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  11. RICEMASTER

RICEMASTER Special Agent Doofy

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    • Like Like x 18
  12. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Rumble is a fantastic little transformer! Just need to add that tiny little bit of red to the tops of his shins, might do it myself. Of all the cassetticons the difference between Takara and Hasbro is most noticeable with Rumble, that blue and purple are so much nicer on the TT version.

Y'know I just spotted that yesterday when messing around with Tracks! So far I think only Ironhide/Ratchet and Tracks have them, I'd be curious to see who else though.

You're welcome :thumb 

Thanks so much! They aren't much, but still took me about two hours to set up, take the photos, get them onto my computer, edit some of them in PS and resize them for the boards. Really puts into perspective how long it takes for the really good photographers on here to get their shots set up and edited. They deserve mad props.

13. AlterNations

AlterNations Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1701.JPG
    Some Grimmy love... Idk why the last one is sideways... IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1701.JPG IMG_1711.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  14. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    IMG_0527.JPG IMG_0607.JPG IMG_0608.JPG Fishing Rod fun

• Like Like x 15
  15. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Some shots of the latest Masterpiece purchases for my collection; Dirge, Acid Storm and Artfire.

IMG_6372.jpg IMG_6373.jpg IMG_6380.jpg IMG_6379.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 18
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Wonderful pics. MP Soundwave is still basically perfect to me. I don't take issue with his legs. He was the first MP to really make me go "I NEED THIS."

I can't wait for my MP Wheeljack to get here. Thankfully MP Cheetor is keeping me company. :D  I can't get enough of this figure, and I don't think any MP can surpass him in my eyes.

I kinda wish I had also got Hot Rodimus when I got Wheeljack, but it would've been way too expensive. I think my ultimate goal is to have a modest Autobot group opposite a likewise small group of diverse 'Cons. I'd never be able to go completionist, so picking and choosing one from each "category" would yeild the most satisfying lineup. I have Hasbro Optimus, non-show character Road Rage, plain-old (I prefer "classic") Wheeljack, Rodimus would fill the movie slot, and then all I'd really need is a "big" Autobot like some flavour of Ironhide or Inferno's moulds. Either Artfire or, as I always clamour for, a Diaclone Ironhdie with a new head of some kind.

It sucks, because if Grapple or Ratchet had a toy-like and Marvel comics head option respectively, they'd be no-brainers. But I worry about painting an important part of an MP, and I don't feel like buying Inferno just for the head. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  17. JediFlaherty

JediFlaherty Well-Known Member

Doesn't Megs have one too?

18. Jdk504

Jdk504 Everything is as it should be

Thank you.

It's funny bc whenever I purchase a transformers I tend to buy more than one at a time. Which is bad for me simply bc I tend to gravitate towards one and ignore the others. That is true in this case. I picked up Soundwave, Starscream and Megaton. Obviously Megatron was an instant hit and the other two were fiddled with for a bit then posed and shelved.

I just now started to take pictures of my figures. I spent some time with Inferno and Grapple, which are awesome figures by the way. I tend to take multiple pictures of the figure in the same pose from different angles bc it's time consuming to repose them in my cabinet.

After rehandling Soundwave I felt this guy is up there with the top MPs. The look, feel and pose abilities is phenomenal. Very much like Shockwave.

I thought about picking up Hot Rod after getting MP9 Rodimus, but there are a few drawbacks that I didn't care for. I'm waiting to see what Fanstoys puts out.

I am eagerly awaiting MP Sunstreaker. I haven't felt this impatient since waiting for Soc Voltron. That is to me a glorious and flawless figure. Perfect.

Good luck on your future acquisitions.

19. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    He doesn't quite have the same pattern as Tracks and Ironhide, but he does have a lot of detail under his chest that's for sure.

"Such cowardly logic"
    Ironhide1.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  20. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

You guys with all these photos really really brought a smile to my face just when I needed a pick me up. For all that I can't thank you guys enough right now applaud

Edit: I was feeling a bit down about stuff and seen these photos and some depression quickly turned into this is why I collect for the love happiness of it and friends on here. I don't normally say much but thanks once again guys

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 16