The master plan makes no frickin' sense!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cal, Jun 30, 2011.

1. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

That's what I think they meant. Remember Sentinel speaking at the U.N. "When we have the resources we need, we will leave." Dempsy makes reference to the labor source. I don't remeber but I don't think he made reference to the humans going to actually rebuild Cybertron. Let's also remember that Sentinel says that his creation defies our laws of physics, so that might be the loophole around what the OP talks about the destruction of atmosphere by Cybertron.

2. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly think this would have made DotM a better movie.

Seriously though, Sentinel's idea was pretty stupid. He might have a six billion strong labour force (that's if the Cons could stop shooting at us for a damn second), but what good would that be given the average worker was the size of your toe? It'd be like us trying to get worker ants to build a Nasa space station.

3. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Actually, humans survived Jetfire's teleportation, so it's reasonable to think they might do okay in Sentinel's scaled-up version.
    It's also possible they're planning to rely on humanity's ability to breed quickly to create more workers. We don't know how often the Matrix/Allspark can now make new Transformer life, or how easily they're nourished, so it's possible there just aren't that many of them left alive to rebuild the planet.

Plus, it's still a cop-out, but there's no reason to think that Cybertron is made of metal. The whole planet could be woven carbon nanotube or a standard sci-fi equivalent (like Niven's Ringworld), and less dense than Earth by far. Still a lot of gravity to deal with, but perhaps not as world-shattering as one might expect.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Because energy is easier to transport than organisms. That's what makes me think it.

The first part of this point doesn't really relate to the second part, but I'll fight through it. I'm not sure why you think only minerals would be used. Wind, the sun, and water can all be harnessed to produce energy. In order to do this process on a mass scale, you'd need a large work force. That was the plan. The Decepticons are after energy.

Damn straight!

5. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Sentinel said his invention defied our laws of physics. There's your loop hole.

6. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

they didn't actually want the humans from the start, they were just planning to slam Cybertron into Earth and rape it for its resources.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

If you were ruled by space hitler and space hitler had gone missing would you search for him?

8. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

Oh I hate people who point out the scientific problems with a fictional movie, just get over it!

9. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Space travel and space brdiges are theoritically possible and we are finding research to justify it. Sam growing is completely impossible and no offense would be dumb. Perhaps Earth should have begun to experience some kind of effects from Cybertron but perhaps there wasn't enough mass near our atmosphere for it. It may or may not be possible and that's enough doubt to allow it.

10. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Uh, Cybertron did appear to be made up of latticed layers, spread quite wide apart, making the size of the planet a false indication of it's mass. Beachballs are larger than pebbles, but the beachball has more space within and less density/mass overall. There may have been gravitational effects, but they wouldn't have had an instant thing...more like sea-levels beginning to rise slowly/low strenght tectonic activity on the side of the planet facing Cybertron. It's not such a weak arguement really. :rolleyes2 

They're not rebuilding an entire planet; most of it was still there to transport to Earth's proximity in the first place. Energy is also easier to transport across space than matter for resources & the space-bridge can defy physics, so why would physical raw materials be a problem?

I hate having to point out stuff like this about films that aren't meant to make perfect sense....

11. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Here is the thing. The Fallen is a genocidal maniac wanting to spread chaos and death. Humans are dead organics breathing still to him. Sentinel Prime wants what is best for Cybertron. For that to happen All must become One. Humans are just an unfortunate species to be tools.

Megatron played them both. Each not realizing it.

12. Mattamus Prime

Mattamus Prime Well-Known Member

Cal has a point here.

13. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

I would've thought the gravitational pull between the two planets at that proximity would cause a collision killing everyone, humans, cons and bots. I enjoyed the movie for what it is, but tighter writing is never a bad thing.

14. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Lets remember cybertron is a dead planet, and not to mention it wasnt even half of cybertron appearing. That and there were minor gravitational effects, i noticed paper and small debris rising up toward ths sky so, hope that makes sense. And it being made of pure metal may have some effect as well.

15. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That actually makes the most sense.

16. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

i assumed it was like it was in g1 when the cons enslaved the humans to help harvest energon for them while they went off to do there bad guy deeds instead. i dont think they ever mentioned that the humans WOULD BE on cybertron. just that they would be the force that help rebuild it.

17. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wasn't arguing about some of the logic in this movie, I was arguing against the attitude that in a fictional movie nothing has to make any logical sense and anything is allowed because it's fiction.

18. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

And this is why I'm happy that Optimus finally killed him instead of making a truce. When you think about it, can you imagine what would have happened if Megatron was let go like he probably expected Optimus to do?

That's all I have to say because all the good arguments have been stated.

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Good ideas.
    Here's what I think.. Megatron covers his bases. He has plans with the Fallen to get the Allspark which the Fallen will use to revitalize Cybertron's core and turn Megatron into a Prime (taken from novel). That explains why Megs was so gung-ho about getting the Allspark. It was his ticket to Godhood. During the scheming for this, he finds out that Sentinel Prime is tired of the war, and schemes to use a "primitive planet" he heard about from the Fallen that is rich in resources to rebuild Cybertron structure. Sentinel takes off to start their plan, but crashes, throwing off this option for Megatron, but he takes solice in knowing he'll soon have the Allspark, coz the Legendary Prime is dead, all that is left is the youngest Prime. Optimus screws this up by launching the Allspark into space, Megatron to follow. By co-ink-ee-dink, the Allspark and Megs crash on the very planet they needed for their plan. The Fallen sends the 'Cons to earth to "look" for Megatron and the Allspark, but he actually is searching for clues to his harvester, since with it, the Allspark is only good for it's historical archive, not as a source of energon. Enter events of 1st movie and second movie) With the death of the Fallen and the appearent loss of Sentinel Prime, Megs thinks all is lost until the Autobots discover the wreck, and there's hope again for Cybertron.

I don't see Megatron in the movie universe as the same as G1 as far as ambitions. Megs in G1 is like Joseph Stalin spread out and conquer all to add to his power... He wants to rule the universe. Megs in the movie politically like a certain moustached Austrian. His goal is to do whatever he can to strengthen the survival and maintain the superiority of his "race". He just wants to take what he sees as his birthright and rule a prosperous Cybertron.

20. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    wheeljack dying, wheeljack and bee being old friends, shockwave dying, megatron dying, lenard nimoy voicing the villain....ect