The master plan makes no frickin' sense!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cal, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The plan in DOTM is most likely a backup plan. After all, if they still had a way of harvesting all that Energon, they wouldn't need Earth, it's resources and the slaves.

The Decepticons are just spreading their chances by having multiple plans.
    Still makes no sense how the Cons have been planning this one for over 50 years, yet for some reason didn't really do a good job in finding their master.

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Well my personal opnion as seen with my theory above Megatron was playing both founders. The Fallen being the founder of the Decepticons. Sentinel Prime the founder of the Autobots.

All to control both factions uniting them... under Megatron.

3. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then don't see it.

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I was under the impression they were going to transform Earth itself into a new Cybertron (and going with the "Megatron's Master Plan" influence, christen it MEGATRONIAWAN!).

Not sure how bringing old Cybertron over or killing the humans you were going to use as slaves worked into it, but G1 damnit!

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Was the original plan to transport Cybertron to Earth? Or was the plan modified to do that given the turn of events?

Was the new plan to transport humans to Cybertron? Or was it to enslave them on Earth to collect resources, and then transport the resources to Cybertron?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think that's the whole bad part of the plan. The part we're not supposed to like. Decepticons don't give a shit about what happens to Earth, they just need the people.

Honestly I'm surprised it's as good a plan as it is. Way better than "CHASE THE ALLSPARK" or blowing up suns.

7. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Do we actually know what Cybertron's proximity to Earth would have been...in any case, would the Decepticons care if the gravitational effects left most of the planet uninhabiteable? Not likely.

None of these disasterous effects happened anyway because the planet wasn't actually all there; only a relatively small area of the planet had fully materialised when the space-bridge was stopped.

And they state in the movie that humans wouldn't be transported to Cybertron; which leaves the logical explanation that humans would be used to extract the materials needed from Earth, while on Earth. Cybertron's size would make it impossible for humans to build at that scale anyway. As for the transport of materials from Earth, they kinda have a space-bridge handy...

8. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hang on Hang on Hang on

I didn't think the humans were specifically going to repair/rebuild cybertron with their own hands that was their/our miss-assumption.

My interpretation of this was that they were going to be used as a resource to repair and rebuild it. I.e. slushied for their energy, think war of the worlds, harvested like batteries, think The Matrix or used to dig up Earth's resources or possibly all three.

9. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, it sure as heck does in pretty much every other major piece of Transformers fiction.

10. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

makes more sense i suppose, wasn't my interpretation.
    seems like a good point to clarify in the film, making the danger all the more
    real.

i know in the comic however SP talks about iron, steel etc. (yeah i thought cybetronian metal would be far superior.)

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm not sure how the OP missed this....

12. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Nice story Roger Ebert. I suppose you loved Black swan I bet.

13. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

maybe he thought since they are giant robots that can turn into construction equipment that humans weren't the best workforce.

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    6 billion people can get shit done.

15. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been tempted to create a flow-chart regarding how the entire thing played out. Anyone want to chip in and help make sense of it all?

16. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

It's all the same stuff, just alloyed and processed differently. Plus, they'll need the less advanced materials to build manufacturing machines to make the advanced stuff; for example, iron and steel would be needed for machines to weave carbon fiber armor.

Re: the OP: The plan is made worse by the fact that Soundwave and his troops could have just invaded us back in the 60s and sidestepped the movies altogether.

17. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a weak argument. Even if, say, a third of Cybertron had materialised in the movie, the fact that it was significantly larger than Earth and made out of heavy metals would have given it enough mass to have caused devastating effects. The moon is only a fraction of the size, and yet it still has enough gravity to affect tides on Earth. Why then didn't Cybertron trigger tsunamis and earthquakes?

Carly stated that mankind couldn't be transported to Cybertron, so what makes you think the labour of six billion people would be any easier to transport? And apart from the fact that Sentinel explicitly stated that humans would be working for them in rebuilding Cybertron, not with them, all of Earth wouldn't have enough minerals to rebuild a planet much larger than itself. I'm not sure how you missed this.

18. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

They're the Decepticons. Do you think they care?

19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if Cybertron's effect on Earth kills every human being in the process, where will the Decepticons get their workforce? Didn't think that one through.

20. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    would humans even survive going through a space bridge? and i agree, the decepticons need to get their lazy asses up and rebuild their own planet. how are we supposed to rebuild a planet 10x our planet's size?even if they needed iron,metal, steel, etc, that doesnt mean we have enough on our planet for theirs