The master plan makes no frickin' sense!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cal, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So as the movie progresses, we learn of Sentinel Prime and Megatron's ultimate plan: to transport Cybertron to Earth and have humans rebuild it. That's a big WTF right there. Okay, let's discuss the logistics of the situation. Transporting a planet the size of Cybertron into Earth's orbit would have devastating repercussions on Earth's environment. If the gravity doesn't suck up much of the atmosphere, killing every living organism on the planet, the ensuing tidal waves and cataclysmic earthquakes would surely have finished them off. But in the movie, no such effects occur. Even in The Ultimate Doom, we see Cybertron's proximity start to tear Earth apart. It's frightening to think that an 80's cartoon has more common sense than a modern big-budget movie.

Then there's the part about humans rebuilding Cybertron. Just how are the Decepticons going to transport six billion people onto Cybertron's surface? Carly specifically stated that it would be impossible to use the Space Bridge to teleport mankind to Cybertron, which is why the planet had to be brought to Earth. But it doesn't matter how close Cybertron is, unless there's a physical link between the two planets, the humans aren't going anywhere. And even if it were possible to somehow get all of mankind onto Cybertron, how would they frickin' breathe? Does Cybertron miraculously have an oxygen-rich atmosphere as well? And let's not forget about food and water either, or transporting repair materials from Earth. Obviously the writers didn't think this plan through. God, I hate this movie.

2. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    There are threads about this already...

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This sentence is applicable to so many issues surrounding the film.

4. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    to me, megatrons plan was to:

-the sun harvester was made on earth but the fallen lost the key to his brothers and used megs to get the allspark be cause the allspark can find the matrix since the matrix was made from it.
    -sentinal made that deal with megs.
    -megs was going to betray the fallen
    -allspark is sent into space by bumblebee and goes to earth because that is where the matrix is.
    -megs goes after the allspark to raise a new army (stated by ratchet in TFTM '07) and to use the allspark to find the matrix.
    -then the fallen was to arrive, only to find sentinal revived by a defiant megatron.
    -prime and megs kill the fallen (since only a prime can kill the fallen, megs needed sentinal which is why he accepted sentinals agreement) take our suns energy, and rescorces (oil metal... ect)
    -transport them to cybertron via pillars(needed sentinal to control the pillars)
    -and use megatrons newly activated army (by the allspark) to rebuild cybertron.
    -after all the rescorces were transported, megs was going to kill sentinal and rebuild cybertron in his image.
    -when finish, he would have moved on to conquer the ....(galaxy, universe, whatever)

ALL HAIL MEGATRON!!!!!!!!:ev: :ev: :2c: 

5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Of course not. You could say they were deep wanked.

(I will ot let it go! It's the new "give me your face")

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dagnabbit, if it's good enough for G1 Megatron, it's good enough for Movie Megatron!

7. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a film about living giant metal robots . . . . .

jeez, it's fantasy the rules of reality don't exist

You can scientifically examine any film and find errors

It's meant to be entertainment, not an exercise in finding faults

8. anikenvader

anikenvader Stuff & Things

News Credits:
    eh....it's a movie. :p  I dont mind. Could have been worse.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I haven't seem the movie yet, but maybe they intend tp have the humans work on Earth, stripping it from all of its useful resources, and then the Cons fly up to Cybertron on their own to deliver it? I dunno, like I said, haven't seen it yet so I don't know what is told in the movie.

Cybertron being in orbit and not screwing up our gravity is stupid, but can't we assume it's just not materialized through the spacebridge enough to start feel the effect?

10. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Brilliant Holmes, but where do the humans fit into all of this?

11. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, I'm not that worried about it. We have a cube that turns vending machines into robots..I'm sure they could get around the oxygen issue somehow.

12. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cybertron has advanced technology that can transport entire planets. You'd think they have tech advanced enough to defy the rules of gravity eh?

13. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    we are left to die with our now star-less solar system. after all, the robots would be able to work more efficently.

14. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No matter how unrealistic the premise of a film is, it still needs to have some rules otherwise literally anythig could happen and it all becomes a meaningless mess. Why didn't Sam fly after Starscream or grow into a giant man and have a fist fight with Megatron? If the rules of reality don't exist any silly stupid thing can happen with little to no explaination.

15. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

This is what I call creatively filling the plot gaps.

For one thing Megatron knew where the Allspark is going to crash because Sentinel Prime told him as he defected.
    http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...rimeArkBio.jpg

The Ark with its sophisticated sensors knew where it was headed. Megatron went ahead to take it. Or Sentinel arranged its trajectory towards Earth.

But wait what about the Fallen and Sentinel Prime? The Fallen wanted every bot named Prime dead. Here's the thing Megatron had Sentinel Prime's death faked!

Megatron wanted to use Sentinel Prime to kill the Fallen. Consolidate his leadership on both factions by killing the Decepticon founder and having support of the Autobot founder.

They were supposed to rendezvous on Earth but Megatron got iced. Unfortunately the Space Bridge used after the escape malfunctioned brought the Ark at the wrong time or space. Or the Ark was too damaged to make it in time.

With Sentinel in stasis he never got a wake up call and the Ark eventually plowed on the moon.

Soundwave and Laserbeak who were in the know of Megatron's plan hid a sizable army on the moon keeping it secret from the Fallen and Starscream. This fleet were reported as looking for the Allspark elsewhere in the galaxy. Organized raiding the Ark of the Space Bridge pillars on the Moon and waited for Megatron's return setting up human agents around Earth.

The Seekers have been trying to look for the Matrix. Its so hush-hush secret the Autobots did not know about it. But Wheelie knows... And he worked for Soundwave.

Jetfire believe the Fallen was an asshole that abandoned them. What if Soundwave did a little "creative accounting" of his own. These guys are listed off as dead. Hampering their efforts. And having little spies like Wheelie track them down so they wouldn't get in the way of the plan.

16. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ That's great. Except it has absolutely nothing to do with anything I said about humans repairing Cybertron. Why did you even post that?

Oh, thank you. I see so many people dismiss plotholes due to the premise of the story. "Hey, it's a comic. It doesn't have to be realistic." That pisses me off. :inquisiti 

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I did wonder why Earth wasn't getting ripped apart...

They're super-advanced robots so I'm sure creating breathing devices is simple.

18. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    this X 1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the complaining about this movie hurts my head.

19. Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker More then meets the lie

This

In some respects DOTM was the best G1 Homage ever, I felt like a kid again.

Megatron taking Lincoln's seat, The Autobots banished from Earth, Megatron helping Optimus Prime, Cybertron in Earth's atmosphere, Carly helping out, Iron Hide getting executed :) 

20. XGL Walker

XGL Walker Well-Known Member

Also if Sentinel and Megs had this plan for a long time then why did he even help The Fallen knowing he would harvest the sun therfore destroying all life on Earth.