The Many Deaths of Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by tehKOREANdude, Dec 4, 2010.

1. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    I'm really wondering if OP is likely to die at any point in this series. It doesn't seem very likely, considering what a badass he is, but history would prove otherwise...speculations?

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did kill 'em, but I don't believe they'd resurrect 'em.

3. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

probably at the end of the First season, Ala Beast wars, or since they want to do four seasons maybe at the end of season 2 as a mid point. maybe he gets killed by unicron or the inevitable Galvatron, who coincidentally may be the first new mold Galvatron since Beast wars (yes i consider Transmetal, the Galvatron upgrade for that season). is there a thread on if we get a Galvatron whether we will get a "new" galvatron or a Remold?

4. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

If we see a red hotrod show up, then they might. But I hope they wait at least a few seasons before they knock off Optimus again.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    It'll happen. Eventually.

6. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

IMO the question is no longer "Are they going to kill Optimus again?", it's "O.K., how many minutes until he comes back THIS time?".

I think it'd be hilarious if the next TF cartoon after "Prime" starts with Optimus getting shot dead before the opening credits, then after the credits the rest of the premiere episode starts with Optimus drifting through the Matrix...only to be quickly defibrillated back to life by Ratchet. That way they've killed off Optimus and brought him back just in the first five minutes. :tongue: 

7. rattimus prime

Jochimus they kinda already did that with Animated, Prime died and came back in the Premiere movie. i think he stayed dead for 75 seconds according to the TF Wiki

8. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    They'll do it eventually. They want Prime (the series) to be the next major ongoing continuity, so they'll need to change up the cast eventually. Whether they kill him off or send him to another planet or something is debatable.

I read somewhere that Peter Cullen hates it when his characters die. I wonder if they care about that?

I suppose part of my conviction here is that I find Cullen Prime boring - almost as if he's a parody of himself. Could just be writing, and it'll hopefully improve as the main series gets underway.

I'd be very surprised it it didn't happen anyway.

9. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was actually surprised Prime didn't buy it in part 5, even just momentarily. While I was watching it, I thought it would have been cool if Prime had disappeared along with Megs. I would have liked to seen two divergent storylines for the series: The Bots and Cons on Earth continuing their battle in their leaders' absences while Prime and Megatron are trapped on a Cybertron full of zombies that Megs has somehow lost control of trying to survive while reestablishing their broken "brotherly" bond.

10. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I know that; I'm not talking about waiting until the last couple minutes of the third episode - I'm talking about doing it in the very FIRST scene of the very FIRST episode.

11. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

I think every VA hates their characters dying. That's a portion of their paycheque out the window. =P

But on topic, I sure hope not. Prime's death isn't even taken that seriously anymore. Perhaps a major injury that puts him out of commission leaving his team leaderless and squabbling sorta like BW's Chain of Command could be interesting.

12. rattimus prime

oooohhh, i dont think that would be a good start, anyway handled right Primes death and Resurrection could work as a good story ark, assuming their aren't any Magic Mcguffins like Sari's Key (probably why they did it like that in animated cause it could be taken care of so easily).

13. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

Because this series seems darker and edgier and dead probably really means dead, I don't think Optimus Prime is going to die and then come back anytime soon. Maybe later on in the series, but not in season one.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Uh..Universe Galvatron?

That would have been incredibly badass.

15. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It would be a nice change if, for just one time in a Transformers series, Optimus Prime DIDN'T die. Instead, if they feel the need to have some episodes without him in them, they can just not put him in them.

I loved the 1986 movie, and I'm one of the people who really liked the dramatic power of Prime's death in that movie, but it's pretty tired now, just like all those movie quotes that were awesome in 86 but are redundant now.

16. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Second or third season ender. Calling it.

17. Mxprime

Mxprime Banned

If they do kill Prime in this show, I hope they don't do it until a suitable replacement is established, rodimus jarred me when I first watched the 86 movie because he came the fawk out of nowhere to become the almighty leader of the autobots.

The producers have once said, this show is supposed to show what it means to be a prime so I'd like to see that developed into creating a proper heir to the prime name, at least that way I think maybe Prime dying would at least have some kind of impact, because with someone there to replace him there would be no need for him to be resurrected.

18. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

This all the way. He's died in every series that I've seen; I'm getting tired of it. Plus, there really is no leader like Optimus Prime.

In fact, I'd like to see a sort of Captain Picard/Borg moment where Optimus has something really traumatic happen to him and then he has to deal with the emotional distress afterward. The Best of Both Worlds in The Next Generation really moved Picard's character like it hadn't before then, and I think it would work well with Prime, too.

19. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agree with DrG and jm32..killing Prime is not only getting old-- It doesn't work in any series--just my humble.. I would like to believe naming a series TF: Prime will keep Optimus as a mainstay..after all, as far as I'm concerned there's only 1 Prime..Optimus Prime!!!!!!!! :thumb 

20. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    You guys need to watch the Behind the Scenes video of Prime, KMR was in the booth and recorded this line, "We need to hold fast, it's what Optimus would want."

I don't know about you, but that sounds like Optimus is dead.