The man with the hat is back in theaters!!!!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Jetfireinthesky, May 21, 2008.

1. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay. Maybe I'm shooting the gun early but I've got my tickets and I'm totally psyched! This is the movie I've looked forward to the most this year. Fun and adventure for the win! Haha.

So yeah. Basic general discusion thread for the movie. Which means there will be spoilers in the thead. I'm asking people to color or tag those spoilers though since people will probably wanna check in here to see if the movie was generally good or not but don't want the big mystery spoiled.

Oh and Indy dies in this one. Shia says so. Haha.

2. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spoiler
    H J III
    That is all, for now :p 

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    "Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory."

4. Jarradtron21

Jarradtron21 OhOhOh it vibrates

Weeee...just got back from seeing it..and WOW...it was everything I hoped it would be. Felt just like the other 3 in a good way. There was some points I thought I was even looking at the younger Mr Ford, Def not to old to play the role again.

Ill be seeing it again later this week me thinks

5. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

Official Indiana Jones and the Crystal skull discussion-- SPOILERS!!!

OK, just got back from the first showing at midnight.

AWSOME!! ok, it was a BIT on the sci-fi side for my liking for an indy movie, but it is set within that whole nuclear war era, so i kind of knew what to get into

I think the special effects are a bit over done for an indy movie as well, more than what we've come to expect, but again, they are needed to tell this particular chapter.

i'm going to not go anyf urther into details of the movie, cuz i'm tired, but i seriously hope that there are more.

P.S.. I KNEW, and i should have put money on it, that we'd see the ARK again!!!

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was nothing like I expected, yet at the same time it was EXACTLY as I expected. Let's hope another Indy is already in the works. Shia and Harrison were gold.

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I loved it. From what I've read a lot of people are having trouble swallowing this one's particular brand of mysterious subject matter - but in my mind these movies have always been about suspension of disbelief and just going on the ride - and this one was still one hell of one! It was a great time, and damn did Cate Blanchett make for a feisty villainess!

I'll probably see it again

8. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

It was AWESOME!! Went to the midnight showing tonight, just got home about an hour ago. It was actually alot better than I thought it would be. Sure, there were some parts of it that were a little cheesy, but overall it was very good. Shia did great as well, my opinion of him has changed immensely since he was in TF.

I thought it was better than Ironman, but I still think Dark Knight will be the movie to beat this summer.

8 out of 10.

I'll definitely see it again.

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

It was good. It was different. It was pretty tame in comparison to the previous three films. Indy drew his gun once but never fired it and it was taken away just as quickly. It was really just a lot of chasing around.

The aliens are about as plausible as the Ark of the Covenant, Sankara Stones, the Holy Grail, Atlantis, or any of the other stuff he's encountered.

It was great seeing Indy think his way out of trouble time and time again.

It was a lot of fun. I'm especially interested in the spy stuff he did for Uncle Sam in the years after Last Crusade. I'll definitely go see it a few more times.

10. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I liked it...a lot. I was not let down. I heard a lot of fanboys bitching after the movie but to me, it was a very fun movie...just like the first three. My only problems was Shia swinging with the monkies and no short round or sallah at end. I will go see it again.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Great.

Till the monkey scene. Then downhill over-the-top cheesy from that point on. With a huge sci-fi twist on it. Didn't capture the magic that the first three gave me. Redo the monkey scene forward, potential to be one of the best Indy films. But because of the monkey scene forward, it'll go down as a "nice way to wrap up the series".

The ending with Shia and the hat with Indy was very awesome though.

Still. Fucking monkies.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i cant remember which publicaton but there was a recent magazine...oh wait, it was the last toyfare i believe, that correlated indys history thru the various appearance of him in media (film, tv show, games) and it highlights his stint as a spy for the US of A and his belgian army training. cool stuff, nice read.

13. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

This.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Was nothing like I was expecting.

I enjoyed the film, it was very entertaining, a fun ride...but it just pushed things a bit too far IMO. I was ok with the whole alien thing for the most part, but coming up at the end I was just praying "no spaceship, no spaceship" and..ugh. Also, actually having an alien shown..or the talking alien skeletons..got to me.

And Shia swinging on those vines is one of my least favorite scenes in a film ever...that was just bad.

Very divided on this movie, needs a lot more time for me to settle into it.

So far though, IMO

1>2=4>3

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i actually thought 3 was > 2 but maybe thats just me.

16. Jetfireinthesky

News Credits:
    Okay. For some reason the toolbar for my post editing isn't working so I can't color my text so if you don't want spoilers skip my post.

I really enjoyed the movie. It was a fun movie. I was a little thrown off by how much sci-fi was in it but it was sci-fi that made sense to the movie for the most part and I knew it was gonna be there anyway. And that monkey scene was a bit too much. And also how quick Indy went back to trusting the guy so quickly just cause he said, "I'm CIA".

I was impressed that like 95% of the things I saw in the trailers was in first 15 minutes of the movie. I like how the film had that really 50s feel to it. Getting the fear and paranoia of the times. I loved the "I like Ike" bit. Haha. And also how Indy doesn't care that Mutt quit school until he found out Mutt was his kid. It was nice to see Indy's story end on such a happy note.

So yeah overall I really enjoyed it. Shows why Indy is still the man's man (he survives a nuclear blast!!!!) and was non stop fun.

Also Ark of the Covenant!! Haha.

17. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    I thought so too.

18. Jetfireinthesky

News Credits:
    Yeah. Last Crusade is deffinately better than Temple of Doom.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie could do without the Monkey scene. After the scene was over, I was perfectly happy, but the Monkey's just reminded me of an Alan Quartermain movie, and Indy should never remind me of that crappy movie.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I believe my comment during the scene was, "Are you fucking serious?" ...

They really pushed to get the "kids" in to this one, didn't they? I mean, first the prarie dogs, then the monkies ... and that scene was just so insanely stupid.

My crew all enjoyed the movie, but thought the horrible cheesy stuff (monkies, the sci-fi part at the end) could have been left on the cutting room floor. It ruined an "A" film to a "B".