The Mall. Oh my crap!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by red4, Aug 23, 2009.

1. red4

red4 Banned

Today in the morning, after dropping my brother off at work, on my way back home I stopped by the mall to see if FYE was open. It was about 8:40am; the mall was open, but only about 2 or 3 stores inside were open. Anyway, the mall actually looked and felt really awesome and beautiful being all empty so early in the morning. It was like walking through a palace with high archways, and pleasantly acoustic corridors and walkways. But since FYE wasn't open at that hour, I left.

Then I went back again at 3:30pm, on my way to pick my brother up from work. AND CHEESE US KRYST!!! The mall was hugely overpacked with teens and whatnot. I mean, FUCK!!!!!!!!! I hated the atmosphere it had. It was an uncanny juxtaposition from its morning glory.

Just an observation.

Has anyone else been somewhere at an odd hour and experienced it in a totally different way?

2. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

wal mart at midnight to get some parogis(sp?). it's very empty. there's boxes full of yet-to-be-shelve merchandise. no kids in the toy isle, though there was a father and son buying a bike. and the garden center was closed which is where i always check out.

3. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

I was at summer school years and years ago and it was so creepy being at school with it all practically empty.

Wal-Mart at midnight is pretty bizzaro too.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been in Coleman Coliseum alone all night was a nightmare.
    i was working for the campus police at the time and they asked me to "guard" some things in the building for a conference.
    I brought headphones and a cd player, but never turned it on. couldn't do it.
    the water seeping into the urinal troughs in the men's room sounded like whispers.
    creepy, man. creepy.

I have also spent time at the National Peanut Festival here in Dothan after it closed for the night. that is surreal at times.

But the worst was sitting in the U. of Alabama's vehicle fleet lot and realizing someone was shooting at the cars. the car i was sitting in was hit twice. I was listening to Art Bell's Coast to Coast AM when it happened.

5. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Used to work in a mall or two, so I know what that's like. Then mall walking became a trend for old people, and spoiled the tranquility.

My favorite creepy building at night was a church I attended in college- big ol' hundred year old building. We'd all go in and play hide and seek with all the lights off, except one hallway for the wusses.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

You never staggered home in the small (or not so small) hours of the morning? Man, you haven't lived.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    been there done that :lol  and it was indeed surreal and by some miracle i managed to not get picked up for public drunkeness as i was very much so

8. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Midnight adventure when I was younger. Super cool. kinda erie with the traffic lights going randomly, the occasional car (that honks for whatever the hell reason). Went by walmart and walgreens seeking CHOCOLATE.

Mission Success= :thumb 

9. red4

red4 Banned

No, walking home (I've never staggered) at any given hour is never creepy or strange; at least not in my city. Being at Wal-Mart at midnight isn't really weird to me either, I suppose because I've been there at midnight a crapload of times, as well as there being handfuls of employees, and at least a dozen customers. Again, I guess it has to do with the size of my city. It's small, from a navigational standpoint, but densely populated.

10. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i LOVE going shopping in the early morning. i just enjoy morning serenity in general.

also morning sex.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I've done that before. IHOP at midnight is pretty interesting, too.

12. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

It's not surprising the mall was packed on a Saturday afternoon. I tend to go to the mall on weekdays when I can and avoid it altogether on weekends.

13. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Teens at a mall... there worse than zombies...

14. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used to do rock climbing, spelunking and forest hikes when I was younger. The serenity found in a glacier-rock cave is unbelievable, as is a meadow in a heavy pine forest.

Once you are out past sunset though, it's a totally different world.

True story- stumbled on an actual old house while out exploring with four other friends (two other guys and two girls). We had decided to go out on a late-night run to watch the sunset from some rocks - no 'bad intentions' as we were all just good buds. We found a trail through an evergreen forest that lead to the house. The place was totally run down and looked abandoned. The main level's floor was intact, but the second floor had collapsed and you could see up in to the darkness of the attic.
    We explored for awhile. It was a cross between surreal and terrifying.

15. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    That's why I love exploring abandoned buildings. :D  Just the sheer emptiness of a building long forgotten is something indescribable. It seems weird but the strange quietness found in places like this is very peaceful.

16. red4

red4 Banned

I had never gone camping in my entire life until about 3 years ago. Fell in love with it instantly, even though it's a huge pain in the ass (no sex jokes). I loved getting away from the camp site, and hiking up into the woods. The low clinging mist, the cool air, the towering pines, the ....everything!

A buck wandered into view as I was taking a piss one time. It stopped moving when we noticed each other; it stared at me. And then I began to walk toward it, but it walked away. So cool.

17. red4

red4 Banned

Me and some friends used to do this while out "ghost hunting". It was awesome.

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Coming into work a few hours early would be strange sometimes. No-one there but me and none of the usual bustle of people or loud rasps of electrical sawing equipment and whine of glass grinders. Just me in a single lit room with whatever machine I was using that day.
    I've staggered home drunk at an unZodly hour and then woke up to find myself in a bus shelter. Not entirely strange but somehow I crossed the road and some train tracks to get there and yet have no memory of doing so. And the bus shelter was in the opposite direction to the one I started off in to walk home.
    And then the next morning I couldn't find my house key, even though I'd obviously managed to unlock the door and get in. A week later I found it under the door mat.
    These days I don't drink much booze.

19. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Living in a rural area is a very surreal experience sometimes. During the day everything is warm and safe feeling. I wander my private woods without a care in the world. At night, it can get very creepy. The isolation and quiet can become a tad unsettling when in the right mood.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I used to love a nightly walk in the woods. Until one time a very scruffy man burst out of the tree, stared surprised at me for a few seconds and then ran off.